Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

FLASH METALLIC TATTOOS???

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

FLASH METALLIC TATTOOS???

Post by JJJJJ on Mon Nov 03, 2014 3:22 pm

Hi all. JJJJJ here, back from the land of Festival Immersion. And on to winter!

Can anyone provide some info/advice/sourcing/etc. on these new flash tattoos? I may need to place a large order and serve a big holiday adult party, and I'm searching around and finding some things here and there.

I'm interested in finding out any tips on places that carry good selections, easy-to-apply for a large crowd (meaning, not just those huge exquisite ones that cover large body areas, but more general ones for a four-hour party and many people to serve).

And price! Where are the supplies located with the best pricing and also a high quality product?

I'm asking for help because some of you probably have some good ideas and I am finding some stuff online but want to be sure I'm covering all bases.

THANK YOU!!!! Very Happy I love you bounce santa cheers

JJJJJ

Number of posts : 1053
Registration date : 2011-08-26

Back to top Go down

Re: FLASH METALLIC TATTOOS???

Post by eviedejesus on Mon Nov 03, 2014 7:36 pm

Since they are not sold at Face Paint Forum shops - Jest Paint YBody and Art Factory all sell them. From what I know they are attached like lick-em & stick-ems. Havenít used them so canít really say how long they last, etc. I saw them on Amazon too and I think Ebay too.
eviedejesus

Number of posts : 662
Registration date : 2012-06-08

http://www.fantasyfacedesign.com

Back to top Go down

Post by jlirie on Mon Nov 03, 2014 9:09 pm

here's info about applying, how long they last, & removing for those who want to know (jjjjj you probably already got this) from the flash tattoo website
http://www.flashtat.com/about/

How do I apply my Flash Tattoo?

You will be amazed by how quick and easy it is to apply your Flash Tattoo with the help of a little water. For best application, ask a friend to help position your Flash Tattoo so your skin does not twist or stretch. You want to make sure your skin is clean, dry and free of any oils or the tattoo will not adhere.

Cut out the tattoo as close to the edge as possible (this is important later when you need to line it up) and remove the clear sheet. Place the tattoo face down on your skin and hold a wet cloth against it for about 30 seconds. Peel the paper aside then pat gently with the wet cloth. Tada! Be sure not to twist or stretch skin until the tattoo has had time to set (at least 10 minutes). Flash Tattoos look best after they have had an hour or two to set into the skin.

How long do they last?

Your Flash Tattoo will last about 4-6 days depending on where they are placed and how well you take care of them. To care for your Flash avoid any soap, sunscreen, lotions or oils near or on your tattoo. These types of oil based substances will begin to degrade the adhesive.

My Flash Tattoo has lost its sparkle, how do I remove it?

To remove your Flash Tattoo simply soak your skin in baby oil, olive oil or coconut oil for one minute then gently scrub off. Repeat as necessary. Apply lotion to moisturize and soothe the skin area.

Last edited by jlirie on Tue Nov 04, 2014 11:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
jlirie

Number of posts : 1786
Registration date : 2014-07-31

Back to top Go down

Post by JJJJJ on Tue Nov 04, 2014 7:06 am

Thanks evie and jlirie! Yes, I knew the Forum Shop didn't carry them, which is why I was seeking elsewhere! Thanks so much for the input. I'll check out those sites. And thanks for posting the application procedures. I appreciate it all. Any other input anyone may have would be great - I always learn a lot here on this Forum! Thanks! I love you I love you I love you

JJJJJ

Back to top Go down

Post by DebbieB on Tue Nov 04, 2014 7:22 pm

If you haven't already bought some, I just got an email from ArtFactory and all their metallic foil tattoos are 50% off until Friday. Use the code FOILTATTOOSHALFOFF at checkout.
DebbieB

Number of posts : 305
Registration date : 2013-09-09

http://www.debsdreamydesigns.wix.com/debs

Back to top Go down

Post by JJJJJ on Tue Nov 04, 2014 7:29 pm

Wow! THANKS, Debbie!!! I love you cheers sunny sunny sunny

JJJJJ

Back to top Go down

Post by DebbieB on Tue Nov 04, 2014 7:37 pm

I've been tossing around the idea of getting some, and this sale came at the right time. Always ALWAYS love a good sale!!!!!
DebbieB

Back to top Go down

Post by JJJJJ on Tue Nov 04, 2014 7:38 pm

Can you please include a link to Art Factory? I'm having trouble googling it ... Thanks!

JJJJJ

Back to top Go down

Post by DebbieB on Tue Nov 04, 2014 7:41 pm

http://www.shopglittertattoos.com/
DebbieB

Back to top Go down

Post by JJJJJ on Tue Nov 04, 2014 7:42 pm

THANKS!!!

JJJJJ

Back to top Go down

Post by DebbieB on Tue Nov 04, 2014 7:45 pm

Also, if your order is more than $50, you get free shipping. I buy a huge chunk of my glitter tattoo stuff from them.
DebbieB

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyGlitter on Sun Nov 16, 2014 1:40 pm

there is a Facebook group detected to this. please join us
https://www.facebook.com/groups/FlashStyleTattoos/
LadyGlitter

Number of posts : 29
Registration date : 2012-11-15

Back to top Go down

Post by JJJJJ on Sun Nov 16, 2014 1:42 pm

Thanks LadyGlitter. I am on it already!! Smile

JJJJJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Geira on Fri Mar 06, 2015 5:48 pm

You should try rublie tattoos, they have a pretty good selection of smaller ones. Some more colors as well, not just gold and silver. I have ordered myself and they do look great but I don't know if/how they handle larger orders for events and such...

Geira

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2015-02-22

Back to top Go down

Post by jlirie on Fri Mar 06, 2015 11:22 pm

i've been seeing them in my area in stores for around $10 a kit. you could pick one up to see how they work, then make a larger purchase online.
jlirie

Back to top Go down

Post by Kris5115 on Mon Apr 27, 2015 11:42 am

So have you tried these? How are they working for you? How are you pricing them?
Kris5115

Number of posts : 738
Registration date : 2012-04-10

Back to top Go down

Post by jlirie on Mon Apr 27, 2015 10:26 pm

i notice they sell kits in stores now for around $10, today i saw a frozen kit with both photo and metallic temp tattoos.
jlirie

Back to top Go down

Post by Kris5115 on Tue Apr 28, 2015 7:55 am

I bought a bunch and have tried them on myself and my daughter. They seem to last for 4-7 days. I'm not sure how to price them for a PPF event coming up. I would be face painting and an assistant would be doing the tattoos. I was planning on charging $5, $8 & $10 for face painting with a $2 up-charge for bling. I was thinking $2 for smaller tattoos and $3 for larger.
Kris5115

Back to top Go down

Post by fesspenter on Tue Apr 28, 2015 9:48 am

Dear Kris5115:
Because the Flash Metallic Tattoos last longer than our face paint, there is a perceived value for the customer. It takes your time away from face painting to apply.
I charge one dollar more than my lowest price for face painting.
The metallic flash tattoo kits I have purchased at our local boutique for $14.99 do not seem to last as long as the ones I purchased online.
I also embellish the Flash Metallic Tattoos with face paint colours inbetween some of the designs. I charge an additional $2 for temporary colour.
fesspenter

Number of posts : 3328
Registration date : 2011-04-29

http://www.wix.com/lisaleyes/facepaintbylisaleyes

Back to top Go down

Post by Kris5115 on Tue Apr 28, 2015 10:05 am

Good to know. The ones I bought come in sheets that I had planned to cut apart and let the customer choose which one(s) they want. It seems like I could get 5 or so per sheet. I think most people would like more than one piece. So, for example, a necklace would likely have 3 pieces; a center piece (like a butterfly or large feather), and 2 long thinner pieces (to be like the chain). With my pricing, it would be $3 + $2 + $2 = $7. Does that seem reasonable?
Kris5115

Back to top Go down

Post by fesspenter on Tue Apr 28, 2015 9:37 pm

It is not enough money per hour. Each piece has to be applied separately. I would not do one for less than $6, and if somebody wanted to add on, I might do it for $4 extra for each one. I myself would lean toward $7 for the first one, and $4 or $5 for each additional one. The fine ones take as long to apply as the big ones.
You are not a charity. Do not give away your time. You are providing a luxury service. I wear a few on my wrists. They sell. They last longer than the kits at my local boutique.
fesspenter

Number of posts : 3328
Registration date : 2011-04-29

http://www.wix.com/lisaleyes/facepaintbylisaleyes

Back to top Go down

Post by Kris5115 on Thu Apr 30, 2015 8:42 am

OK. You have convinced me. Thanks, Fessy, for your input! Please have a few cookies in appreciation.
Kris5115

Back to top Go down

Post by Tineke on Thu Apr 30, 2015 9:15 am

I'm not a fan.... I think it looks too easy (as in: why would I pay someone to do these), and they're being sold here at the Belgian equivalent of the dollar store, so the customers don't value them at all....
Tineke

Number of posts : 524
Registration date : 2012-07-02

http://www.tinekesgrime.com

Back to top Go down

Post by eviedejesus on Sat May 02, 2015 2:17 am

I noticed Silly Farm has some that are separated, about the size of a standard size glitter tattoo stencil. I like that idea much better. I would not want to bother with the sheet and cutting each design out and placing it just right. I might use it myself, but wouldnít want to deal with applying it on customers.
eviedejesus

Number of posts : 662
Registration date : 2012-06-08

http://www.fantasyfacedesign.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Kris5115 on Mon May 04, 2015 9:28 am

I think I'll make 2 or 3 signs with different prices. I'll start with the high one and if no one is biting, I'll drop the price.
Kris5115

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top