Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

Poker Chip Briefcase to paint kit

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Poker Chip Briefcase to paint kit

Post by Niki Chennell on Wed Nov 19, 2014 12:42 am

Ok so I've been researching on this forum, Google, and Pinterest trying to figure out how to organize my stuff. I didnt want to buy something because I've been spending way too much already on paint and other accessories. So I looked around my house and found my husbands Poker Chip Briefcase that we got at Costco about 4 years ago. Half the chips are missing and all the cards are gone. My kids use it more than he did. So I took the flocked lining out and re-lined it with black felt. Then put Velcro pieces on the bottom of all my paints and stuck it on. So far I like, I'm going to a Jam on Thursday vsofresh we will see how well it works. Any tips are appreciated.

Last edited by Niki Chennell on Wed Nov 19, 2014 1:02 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Add a photo)
Niki Chennell

Number of posts : 51
Registration date : 2014-10-29

Back to top Go down

Re: Poker Chip Briefcase to paint kit

Post by jlirie on Wed Nov 19, 2014 1:30 am

pretty stylish for a "freebie" Smile.  are you thinking of trying to add a couple pockets, etc for brushes and a few other supplies, or just keep paint in it?
jlirie

Number of posts : 1799
Registration date : 2014-07-31

Back to top Go down

Post by Niki Chennell on Wed Nov 19, 2014 1:35 am

I would love to eliminate some of the solids if I can and try to use the top part for brushes and pouncers and maybe hang my stencils like a mini gun case that I admire. I'm pretty sure I don't need all the solids. I'm still new and just got all those split cakes so I don't know what I would or wouldn't need.
Niki Chennell

Back to top Go down

Post by jlirie on Wed Nov 19, 2014 1:39 am

aha, you could cut your solids in half and make split cakes out of them (2 colors per container), thereby eliminating half of the containers from the case. keep the others at home until needed.

your small multi colored rectangular cakes are called one stroke cakes or one strokes (because you can get all the colors on your brush with one stroke), and the large ones are called rainbow cakes (even though not all are true rainbows), to distinguish them from split cakes, which are typically just 2 colors (cake "split" into 2 colors). well, multi colored cakes are also called splits, sorry, i'm used to thinking of them as just 2 colors.

that case tanya put together is cool, huh? Very Happy

Last edited by jlirie on Wed Nov 19, 2014 1:52 am; edited 1 time in total
jlirie

Back to top Go down

Post by Niki Chennell on Wed Nov 19, 2014 1:50 am

I have a lot of Mehron Paradise and I read somewhere else that it doesn't cut up very well so I'm very hesitant. I am planning on doing that with the Cameleon ones that I have.
I was lucky enough to get a few things from Tanya after she re-organized. It is beautiful.
Niki Chennell

Back to top Go down

Post by jlirie on Wed Nov 19, 2014 1:54 am

lol, search for cutting paints on the forum, lots of advice and experience, most of which says go for it anyway. whatever you decide, that will be a cute set up.
jlirie

Back to top Go down

Post by Niki Chennell on Wed Nov 19, 2014 2:03 am

Thank you so much!!
Niki Chennell

Back to top Go down

Post by Niki Chennell on Wed Nov 19, 2014 2:41 pm

jlirie wrote:lol, search for cutting paints on the forum, lots of advice and experience, most of which says go for it anyway. whatever you decide, that will be a cute set up.

Ok so I just went for it. Lol. I think it came out pretty good. I'm only missing my half silver and gold. Thanks for the support. My brush easel fits perfectly inside and I plan on just having the case open with my water and brushes set up on the top portion. I told my hubby about the gun case, maybe he will get it for me for x-mas.
I also think I want to buy square containers so there aren't any gaps between paints and I can probably fit more.

Niki Chennell

Back to top Go down

Post by jlirie on Wed Nov 19, 2014 9:56 pm

great job! i have to do something similar with my snaz sparkle and metallics, which are partly used up, so empty space in the containers.

thinking i will make one stroke sections in the middle of each container, with wider single colors on each side, a one stroke/split combo.

just ordered the paradise brilliant pallette, (along with more wolfe white and black), can't wait to get that Razz
jlirie

Back to top Go down

Post by Niki Chennell on Wed Nov 19, 2014 9:59 pm

Oh that sounds interesting. I'd love to see it once done. Smile
I just bought those Wolfe white and black and it made such a difference with my lines and dots. I thought it was me or my brushes but Paradise isnt that good for line work.
Niki Chennell

Back to top Go down

Post by jlirie on Wed Nov 19, 2014 10:01 pm

will post pics when i get it done, hopefully this month.

and yes, we've all been down the "is it me?" road until we got good face paint for linework, lol.
jlirie

Back to top Go down

Post by Niki Chennell on Wed Nov 19, 2014 10:03 pm

Thanks.
I also bought some spray paint so im gonna spray my box black and then I got stencils to put my name. I also want to stencil my clear and gray water container.
Niki Chennell

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum