Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

I have questions

View previous topic View next topic Go down

I have questions

Post by Bayou Face Paint on Fri Dec 26, 2014 5:17 pm

First of all hello all...Happy Holidays from Bayou Storytellers and Face Painting in Louisiana. Glad to be here...I have a couple questions for veteran Face Painters...

1) Do you create your own contracts? If so, give me tips please and if not where did you find yours?

2) I require a $50.00 dep. for larger parties. I have a party in February and the last couple of emails I have sent have not been answered. They have a couple weeks before the $50.00 deadline is due and it is the Holidays, but should I be concerned?

3) At what point do you bring in an additional face painter...do you go by number of kids? Amount of time for the booking?

Thank you...appreciated...

Bayou Face Paint

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2014-12-26

Back to top Go down

Re: I have questions

Post by Forest-Fairy on Sat Jan 03, 2015 6:31 am

Welcome to the forum.

Helpful FYI - question posts like these will get a lot more attention in the Frequently Asked Questions, General Face Painting, or New To Face Painting area's of the forum. Smile

To answer your questions

1. I modified my contract based on the one found on Gig Salad. I more or less used it like a template and changed it up a bit. Always good to have a place to start.

2. I require a deposit for ALL bookings. $50 for small, and $100+ for larger bookings. Never hold the date unless there is a deposit, because if something else comes along you are then SOL. 
Weeks? Wow. I give them 3 days to give me the deposit. You sort out the serious ones from the ones wasting your time pretty quickly that way. I hold the date for 3 days after the invoice is sent. No deposit after that I email them to ask if they still want to book, but the date then becomes free game until i get the deposit.

3. 1 artist jobs are anything that is 12-15 kids or less. Those can be done in an hour. If it's more then that and time is tight and they can't book another hour with 1 artist i recommend booking 2 artists for 1 hour (which is the same as booking 1 artist for 2 hours). If it's over 15 kids I tell them I cannot guarantee everyone gets a turn unless the book another hour or an additional artist.

I've done public events by my self, but the high volume ones it's always better to have a partner. There is less pressure on you, you can paint more faces, shorter lines for the public, and more money in your pocket. Wink
Forest-Fairy

Number of posts : 1672
Registration date : 2014-03-13

http://vancouverfacepainting.ca

Back to top Go down

Post by Bayou Face Paint on Sat Jan 03, 2015 2:19 pm

Thank you so much for your input...much appreciated!

Bayou Face Paint

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2014-12-26

Back to top Go down

Post by fesspenter on Sat Jan 03, 2015 8:09 pm

Dear Bayou Face Paint:
Welcome to the Forum!
Forest_Fairy is right on point regarding her answers to some of your queries. F_F is in the field, so she has some pretty down-to-earth, simple and deadly accurate advice for whatever is ailing you!
I love reading F_F's responses!
Come over and join us in a game of Face Paint Tag in the thread Tag! You Are It!
Post and Share your work to a kind and warm, non-judgemental audience in the thread "Show and Tell". If you WOULD like your work critiqued.... you have to ASK for it.
Happy Painting!
fesspenter

Number of posts : 3330
Registration date : 2011-04-29

http://www.wix.com/lisaleyes/facepaintbylisaleyes

Back to top Go down

Post by Forest-Fairy on Sun Jan 04, 2015 3:30 am

Thanks! Luv ya fessy! *hugs* Wink
Forest-Fairy

Number of posts : 1672
Registration date : 2014-03-13