Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

I know i shouldnt judge... but

View previous topic View next topic Go down

I know i shouldnt judge... but

Post by Alina0210 on Sat Mar 07, 2015 12:11 am

My local shopping centre is having a festival, lots of entertainment, performers, food etc next weekend.... exciting, but around the shopping centre they have massive posters... this is the photo using to advertise the facepainting.. hmmmmm......

url=http://www.servimg.com/view/19153556/6][/url]
Alina0210

Number of posts : 66
Registration date : 2014-10-19

Back to top Go down

Re: I know i shouldnt judge... but

Post by Forest-Fairy on Sat Mar 07, 2015 1:18 am

Dude.... I feel you.

Trust me we all feel you lol. Here on the forum we know there is a distinct difference between 'beginner/amateur' face painting and what we have come to call 'Craptastic' face painting.

Craptastic is usually done by 'volunteers' who could be any one from soccer moms, teenagers, to Cindy from accounting.
Event: "Can you hold a paint brush?"
Volunteer: "Well yes but-"
Event: "We found our face painter!"

The other end of the spectrum is companies that REALLY undercut the entertainment market by offering 'face painting' as one of their things, and hiring pretty much anyone to do it.

Generally you can tell who is really trying, and who is just doing it for the day, or pay.

I feel no guilt calling it what it is. I'm not going to sugar coat, and pussy foot around the fact that it's bad work. 

The photo you posted is bad work. Plain and simple, they got some one who doesn't know what they are doing rather then a professional. 

Last month I had another company steal my gig and they were no better. 
Read All About It Here

Be sure to pass on your card to the event. Maybe even bring your kid wearing an awesome face paint, so people can see the difference between quality and crap. Wink
Forest-Fairy

Number of posts : 1672
Registration date : 2014-03-13

http://vancouverfacepainting.ca

Back to top Go down

Post by Alina0210 on Sat Mar 07, 2015 2:14 am

I will be going to the festival and take the kids - good idea to paint them Smile
I can almost sense that it will be craft paints and craft glitter - hope it's not though, especially for all the kids that will be there.

Alina0210

Number of posts : 66
Registration date : 2014-10-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Forest-Fairy on Sat Mar 07, 2015 3:22 am

If it is, take pictures! Heck take pictures either way. I collect photos of nasty face painting setups.

If they are using craft glitter and craft paints - complain. PLEASE complain. Ask to speak to the event coordinator or a representative of the mall. Tell them the dangers of using these products as cosmetics.
Forest-Fairy

Number of posts : 1672
Registration date : 2014-03-13

http://vancouverfacepainting.ca

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top