Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

Very specific brush question. Handles!!! Mehron brushes?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Very specific brush question. Handles!!! Mehron brushes?

Post by CraftyPossum on Mon Mar 09, 2015 2:56 am

Hi all,

I'm building (with the help of my lovely carpenter husband) a spiffing new box for gigs. One of the features I am incorporating are little clips that hold my brushes tip down after I have washed them out. I have some awesome little clips but they will only hold brushes easily that have a 6-8mm diameter straight handle. Ones that taper are too likely to slip if I dont place them carefully. So brushes like gold grip and so on are out.

I have some 7000c loew cornell which will work for what I want but I was looking at the Mehron brushes and was wondering if anyone has tried them? I can't seem to find any reviews for the rounds...

I have a couple of Mark reid ones and whilst I love the consistency of handle size I find that they dont offer as much line variation as I usually like to use as they are a little thin.

Are there any other brands that you know of that offer a non tapered, preferably plastic handle that offer a fine point, full body and decent springyness?

CraftyPossum

Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2012-04-13

Back to top Go down

Re: Very specific brush question. Handles!!! Mehron brushes?

Post by thouartbeautiful on Mon Mar 09, 2015 12:14 pm

Not tapered, I'm unsure. I just thought I'd suggest a strip of pool noodle with slits cut in it will hold about anything. Can you take a picture of the clips so I can see what you're talking about?
thouartbeautiful

Number of posts : 731
Registration date : 2013-09-21

http://www.thouartbeautiful.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Forest-Fairy on Mon Mar 09, 2015 7:19 pm

yeah i need a photo of these 'clips' to get a better idea.
Forest-Fairy

Number of posts : 1672
Registration date : 2014-03-13

http://vancouverfacepainting.ca

Back to top Go down

Post by jlirie on Mon Mar 09, 2015 10:51 pm

i was going to say maybe you should find a new clip, rather than new brushes Smile
jlirie

Number of posts : 1776
Registration date : 2014-07-31

Back to top Go down

Post by Forest-Fairy on Mon Mar 09, 2015 11:02 pm

jlirie wrote:i was going to say maybe you should find a new clip, rather than new brushes Smile
^This

I could never give up my gold grips. Sad
Forest-Fairy

Number of posts : 1672
Registration date : 2014-03-13

http://vancouverfacepainting.ca

Back to top Go down

Post by thouartbeautiful on Tue Mar 10, 2015 11:08 am

Agreed, my gold grip brushes make life worth living....
thouartbeautiful

Number of posts : 731
Registration date : 2013-09-21

http://www.thouartbeautiful.com

Back to top Go down

Post by CraftyPossum on Wed Mar 11, 2015 12:06 am

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Tool-Storage-Clip-Super-Type-Terry-Grip-Sizes-6mm-To-51mm-MULTI-LISTING-SAVE-/261249744291?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&var=&hash=item3cd3b2bda3

They are these little suckers here ^ which will be mounted on a strip of wood that will keep my brush tips from touching the wall. They are nifty and I love them and like I said, my 7000c brushes (size 2-6) all fit nice and snug in them (the size 8 seem to be a little big for the 6mm clip and too  small for the 10mm clip but it will work with the 6mm clip) anyway.... The clips will work a little like the masterson brush stand in keeping my brushes neat and tip down for optimal drying. The reason I want non tapered brush handles is so I don't have to be perfectly careful in placing my brush "just so" to have it grip properly, I can put the clip anywhere on my 7000c brush handles and it catches, I almost always do large events with a lot of people so I don't have time for 'fussing'. I could put rubber rings or something on the ends of a tapered brush so that they just hang there but... Sleep

I suppose I am always on the lookout for better tools and mostly wanted to find out if there is anything 'new' that works well or if anyone has tried the Mehron rounds?

Last edited by CraftyPossum on Wed Mar 11, 2015 12:07 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : punctuation)

CraftyPossum

Back to top Go down

Post by CraftyPossum on Wed Mar 11, 2015 12:09 am

jlirie wrote:i was going to say maybe you should find a new clip, rather than new brushes Smile
Noooo! I luff my shiny black clips! They are gonna make my case look super professionale! Razz

CraftyPossum

Back to top Go down

Post by jlirie on Wed Mar 11, 2015 11:24 pm

ah, i see, hopefully someone can give you an idea about the mehron brushes.

for your good tapered brushes, maybe the rubber rings would work, or rubber pencil grips, and you could have the best of both worlds.

jlirie

Number of posts : 1776
Registration date : 2014-07-31

Back to top Go down

Post by siouXzQ on Sat May 09, 2015 11:13 pm

How about this stuff?

plasti-dip

siouXzQ

Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2014-05-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top