Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

Hello from western Canada!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Hello from western Canada!

Post by catseyefacepainting on Thu Mar 26, 2015 6:50 pm

Fairly new, I've been face painting for about 10 months! I started working for someone else but quickly realized that I didn't like working for someone else that did things differently than I would! So I've ventured into small business ownership! Hopefully this will aide in putting me through university!
My kit so far:
Black & white - Wolfe fx
Pink - Mehron paradise
Mehron palate 8 colors
Purple, brown,red,dark & light blue, light green, neon yellow, orange & holographic glitter - Tag
And brushes from my local art store!
And of course sponges, water buckets, etc!
Any tips are completely welcome! In the next 2 months I am doing 2 festivals one of which as an average of 100,000 attendees so my sister will be co-painting with me for that one!
catseyefacepainting

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2015-03-26

Back to top Go down

Re: Hello from western Canada!

Post by PixiePaintrix on Thu Mar 26, 2015 7:28 pm

hi!! welcome. Where in canada are you located? you might find some friendly neighbours to jam with Smile
PixiePaintrix

Number of posts : 284
Registration date : 2014-01-13

http://www.pixiedustpirates.com

Back to top Go down

Post by catseyefacepainting on Thu Mar 26, 2015 7:32 pm

Calgary! But moving to Vancouver island in august!
catseyefacepainting

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2015-03-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Forest-Fairy on Thu Mar 26, 2015 8:35 pm

Hey catseye, welcome to the forum.

Vancouver BC here. Thank your lucky stars you are moving to the island and not here lol. I swear new face painters are popping up more frequently then evar, but i always get gigsalad requests from the island! They must need some good face painters there.

Not sure if face painting will pay for university, but it will help pay some bills if you get enough work from it.

As for you kit, here's my ramblings:

Never liked wolf white, i found it too 'creamy' when i tried it, and wolf black was terrible for staining. I find TAG is nice happy medium myself, and it comes in nice 90gm containers!

Mehron is a glycerin based face paint while TAG is a wax base. The two don't mix very well because of this and you might encounter blending issues. Glycerin base doesn't really go well over top of wax base. because it's not as opaque as the wax base, it also tends to slide around a lot. Wax base however goes on top of glycerin base fairly well. But I find there's just less to worry about when you just stick to the same base. So i use a variety of wax based colors, and leave my glycerin based Mehrons for other things in my special FX work.

As for brushes I highly recommend looking at the online face paint shops and what they are selling. I used to just get brushes any where and everywhere, but after i started getting ones that were highly recommended for face painters, my work exploded! I really underestimated what a good brush could really do when i first started.

Again welcome, and any questions just ask! Keep me posted when you are heading this way, maybe we can get together for some tea and painting before you hit the ferry. ^.^
Forest-Fairy

Number of posts : 1670
Registration date : 2014-03-13

http://vancouverfacepainting.ca

Back to top Go down

Post by fesspenter on Fri Mar 27, 2015 3:17 pm

Welcome to the Forum!

Happy Painting!
fesspenter

Number of posts : 3325
Registration date : 2011-04-29

http://www.wix.com/lisaleyes/facepaintbylisaleyes

Back to top Go down

Post by Captain-Savvy on Fri Mar 27, 2015 4:25 pm

Welcome! Smile Best of luck with your business!
Captain-Savvy

Number of posts : 305
Registration date : 2009-03-10

http://captain-savvy.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top