Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

Going to do my first event! AHHH!!!

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Going to do my first event! AHHH!!!

Post by fesspenter on Mon Apr 06, 2015 8:40 pm

Welcome to the Forum, Hoodat Whatzit!

I also learned a lot from lurking on the Forum before I signed on... and then when I actually signed up... I lurked some more. When I finally DID post to ask a question... I received such a warm welcome. People were so kind.

I love this place.

Happy, Happy Painting!
fesspenter

Number of posts : 3323
Registration date : 2011-04-29

http://www.wix.com/lisaleyes/facepaintbylisaleyes

Back to top Go down

Post by jlirie on Mon Apr 06, 2015 10:46 pm

here's an idea - if a newbie's questions frustrate you or bring out your cranky side - don't answer them..let someone else.
jlirie

Number of posts : 1733
Registration date : 2014-07-31

Back to top Go down

Post by Xyphoid on Tue Apr 07, 2015 1:06 am

jlirie wrote:here's an idea - if a newbie's questions frustrate you or bring out your cranky side - don't answer them..let someone else.

I think you misunderstand what gets on peoples nerves jilirie. It's not the questions themselves, it's the attitude, entitlement and expectation that comes with them.

I have read Forest-Fairy's posts answering newbie questions a dozen times and she's always really helpful. Pointing out different bases, her own preferences for paint, brushes, glitter, setup, and many other things. Fessy always points the newbies in the right direction in the intro threads and posts back links to old threads all the time, AND she answers lots of questions. rthling can some times have snarky comments too (I believe the 'sucking the teat of the pros' comment was originally hers in another thread lol) but she is always helpful and understanding too.

And you know what? Even though all 3 of these power posters go out of their way to help newbies all the time. They ALL seemed to get the entitlement vibe from the Original Poster of this thread. When you work with people for years like they do, you get a nose for these things, a 6th sense if you will.

I got it too.

You see how she reacted to this? She didn't like it that a few people told her to make an effort of her own. She reacted by lashing out, getting super defensive, threatening to 'take her ball and go home', then ultimately making a post on the FABAIC forum to complain about how mean everyone here is. Then basked in the praise she got on the FABAIC forum as those who didn't know what really happened coddled her, patted her head and made her feel better about her own negativity.

I don't think it's right what she did even if she didn't name names. It almost makes it worse because it seems like she's trying to hide and misrepresent what actually happened. Which is why I posted a link to this post on there btw, so people could judge for themselves. None of us are the big meanies she makes us out to be, so we have nothing to hide.

It was pretty clear that lailatov was here looking for the fastest way possible to get the information she wanted from us with the least amount of effort on her part. THAT is what everyone is reacting negatively to, not her newb questions (which have been asked and answered before with no issue by other people). lailatov's newb questions are just a symptom of her lazy bad attitude.
Xyphoid

Number of posts : 24
Registration date : 2014-09-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Forest-Fairy on Tue Apr 07, 2015 2:54 am

Holy Update Of The Century Batman
Click This Link Nao!
Forest-Fairy

Number of posts : 1668
Registration date : 2014-03-13

http://vancouverfacepainting.ca

Back to top Go down

Post by Xyphoid on Tue Apr 07, 2015 3:17 am

called it
Xyphoid

Number of posts : 24
Registration date : 2014-09-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Tineke on Tue Apr 07, 2015 4:11 am

Xyphoid wrote:
jlirie wrote:here's an idea - if a newbie's questions frustrate you or bring out your cranky side - don't answer them..let someone else.

You see how she reacted to this? She didn't like it that a few people told her to make an effort of her own. She reacted by lashing out, getting super defensive, threatening to 'take her ball and go home', then ultimately making a post on the FABAIC forum to complain about how mean everyone here is. Then basked in the praise she got on the FABAIC forum as those who didn't know what really happened coddled her, patted her head and made her feel better about her own negativity.

I don't think it's right what she did even if she didn't name names. It almost makes it worse because it seems like she's trying to hide and misrepresent what actually happened. Which is why I posted a link to this post on there btw, so people could judge for themselves. None of us are the big meanies she makes us out to be, so we have nothing to hide.

I'm glad you did! You got my attention back to the forum, I kinda had forgotten about this evening entertainment for a year or so
Tineke

Number of posts : 524
Registration date : 2012-07-02

http://www.tinekesgrime.com

Back to top Go down

Post by MelindaT0813 on Sat May 16, 2015 9:17 pm

Thank you for keeping me entertained while I finished my online driving school (I should stop speeding). Whats her bucket went from 0 to 60 too (that escalated quickly).
MelindaT0813

Number of posts : 568
Registration date : 2011-03-16

http://www.mindyentertainment.com

Back to top Go down

Post by rthling on Sun May 17, 2015 8:50 pm

Woohoo! I made the snark list!!

I had no idea!

I hope people know that most of my snark is sarcasm. As I mention in my profile, it's my second language.
rthling

Number of posts : 1829
Registration date : 2010-10-05

http://www.fancyfacesbydiane.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top