Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

Hello from Cairns

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Hello from Cairns

Post by Paint Your Face By Lilly on Mon Apr 20, 2015 9:17 am

Hi everyone, I have only been painting faces for a little while. Basically started when a friend asked me if I'd be interested in doing facepainting with her. That started it. I did a church fundraiser using liquid global paints which I found difficult the I went to diamond fx, then to tag and Wolfe some global as well. I started taking it a little more seriously I did some painting last year at a market but this year have approached businesses etc I have a lot to learn limited time to learn with 5 kids under 10. So I'm hoping this forum will fast forwarded my knowledge, technique and design into a new level. Thanking you in advance!

Paint Your Face By Lilly

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2015-04-20

Back to top Go down

Re: Hello from Cairns

Post by Captain-Savvy on Mon Apr 20, 2015 12:11 pm

Welcome to the forum! There is lots to learn in order to make a business out of face painting.  I've been doing it off and on as mostly a hobby for a few years and I'm still learning, still working on my technique, and still finding things to improve.. but face painting is wonderful fun and if you enjoy it and are ready to work hard at it, then go for it! The folks here are nice and ready to answer your questions, but the fastest and easiest way will be to look around and absorb all the knowledge already in the threads Very Happy

Just search anything you want to know in the search bar near the top right corner (like, for example, "sponges," "favorite brush", "display board", etc.) of the site and you'll get plenty of results to read through. I've spent hours upon hours reading the old threads... there's so much valuable info to be found in them! There are also numerous tutorials on youtube to help with perfecting certain techniques and designs, but the biggest thing is to get lots of practice, get comfortable with your tools and paints, and learn good business practices on top of getting better at painting.

Well, I hope my long comment is helpful Laughing Welcome and good luck!
Captain-Savvy

Number of posts : 305
Registration date : 2009-03-10

http://captain-savvy.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by LittleMonsters on Mon Apr 20, 2015 7:17 pm

Welcome to the forums!!

Although having 5 kids under 10 (oh goodness) would make you pretty busy - you at least have 5 potential models to practice on and for photos to display your work! ^_^

Edit: And if it makes you feel any better... I work with 24 under the age of 4 everyday Razz

Last edited by LittleMonsters on Tue Apr 21, 2015 12:39 am; edited 1 time in total
LittleMonsters

Number of posts : 397
Registration date : 2014-08-30

http://littlemonstersfacepainting.ca

Back to top Go down

Post by jlirie on Mon Apr 20, 2015 10:09 pm

hi and welcome lilly. i thought the same thing as littlemonsters!

best way to fast forward your skills is to read up on stuff like captain savvy said, then practice recreating the best face paint designs you can find.

besides youtube videos, you'll find lots of images (both good and not as good) if you do a google search.

find the url of the artist behind the good ones and visit their websites for more inspiration.
jlirie

Number of posts : 1757
Registration date : 2014-07-31

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum