Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

Show us your Business Card

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Show us your Business Card

Post by amylady222 on Sun May 03, 2015 10:30 am

I just got my business card and I am happy with it. I decided to only get 100 so that once those are gone I can change the pictures if I want.
I haven't taken pictures yet, but I want to see yours.
Smile

amylady222

Number of posts : 1176
Registration date : 2012-08-04

Back to top Go down

Re: Show us your Business Card

Post by Guest on Sun May 03, 2015 11:37 am

Here is an old thread where people posted their cards... http://www.facepaintforum.com/t782-business-cards?highlight=business+cards

Back to top Go down

Post by Ash_A on Sun May 03, 2015 6:19 pm

Here is mine.
front:

back:

And for funsies my post card...

Front:

Back:

I haven't ordered them yet because I'm indecisive and poor...mostly poor but I likely will in the not so distant future. Wink
Ash_A

Number of posts : 94
Registration date : 2015-01-23

http://www.chubbycheeksfaba.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun May 03, 2015 6:45 pm

Back to top Go down

Post by Krissiemarie on Sun May 03, 2015 8:43 pm

i need new business cards, but i want to wait till my old ones are almost gone. hopefully by the end of the year
Krissiemarie

Number of posts : 622
Registration date : 2011-07-21

http://www.facebook.com/facepaintingbykristina

Back to top Go down

Post by amylady222 on Mon May 04, 2015 12:43 am

Thank you Shannon--I even looked up business cards and miss it! Embarassed

sorry--Thanks everyone so far for posting. I love seeing other peoples business cards
amylady222

Back to top Go down

Post by Kal on Tue May 05, 2015 6:45 am

I dunno what happened but everything that is blue should be purple, except her face.
Kal

Number of posts : 433
Registration date : 2014-06-29

Back to top Go down

Post by amylady222 on Tue May 05, 2015 1:48 pm

Shannon--you have a ton to choose from! That is so amazing--once again proving why you are the professional. Smile

cool-wonder why the color changed? -I love the word Shindig Smile

amylady222

Back to top Go down

Post by Forest-Fairy on Tue May 05, 2015 5:53 pm

My business cards have evolved over the years.

I have kept one from every version over the years.

The first one is from when I was 12 or 13. Printed off my moms computer using regular copy paper lol.

The one after that was made for me at the print store.

This one was made by me, I didn't have any good card photos at the time, so I white with the white bunny for the 'Alice in Wonderland' feel. 

Not a smart choice to keep the cursive font I realize now.

Then we went with this card

Still keeping some of the elements from the other one. I really liked black cards.

I also did a short run of these at the same time

Far too busy and dark, it took me a while to get out of that phase.

This is my current card

I'm happier with it then any of my others, but it's still not perfect. I don't really have an official logo, so i modified the font from my website, for the business title of the card. This is what I want to change because it's not clear at a distance and again is too busy.

I choose to have a basic tiger for this one as it's gender neutral, and a classic face painting choice that you can easily compare with others attempts at tiger face paints. The kid has a perfect smile too. Also I like that the photo has a green background, the colors work well for the light and airy feeling of the card.

I might change the photo in the future because the design is a pretty old one, but i might keep it because i like the photo so much.

Later I started printing both sides of the card, with this on the back, and still currently do this.

I think this on the back as it gives me a practical reason to hand out my card too. Very Happy

The other card you see up there is our Special FX makeup card.

We have almost run out of these, so my next one I'm going to change the title font and update the email address, and web address. Because I made a new webpage 'lookingglassFX' because the gore fx were starting to take over too much lol.
Forest-Fairy

Number of posts : 1670
Registration date : 2014-03-13

http://vancouverfacepainting.ca

Back to top Go down

Post by missmolly on Tue May 05, 2015 9:37 pm

My current cards (vistaprint template)

My theoretical updated cards:
- Double-sided
- website info (our website is not currently live, just our Facebook page, which works for now.)
- updated service information (currently I don't offer the third block of services on the cards, or toddler parties, but we have plans to possibly eventually offer these services. Toddler parties are in the well works, the shows not so much.)

[EDIT: to include this photo, went back into Illustrator and tweaked some things that were off balance/disproportionate.]

The new cards are ones I have designed on Illustrator.
The purpose of creating them is to come up with a custom design I can then edit when it's time to order new cards. (There are approx 500-600 cards left, originally 1000 cards were ordered.)

So when I almost run out of the old cards I'll take a look at where we are in our business plan, what services we're currently offering or extremely close to offering, and revise the card design to be accurate.
missmolly

Number of posts : 74
Registration date : 2014-04-20

http://www.kookyclowns.ca

Back to top Go down

Post by missmolly on Tue May 05, 2015 9:58 pm

In case anyone is curious, Vistaprint offers free downloadable templates for all of their products. You can download it as a Photoshop or Illustrator file, fit your design to their template, and upload it again for it to automatically match up with their online application.

I'm making matching car magnets (same as the front of the cards, but with the services we offer and no phone number) using another one of their templates.
missmolly

Back to top Go down

Post by LittleMonsters on Tue May 05, 2015 10:12 pm

kookyclowns wrote:In case anyone is curious, Vistaprint...

I'm wondering what the quality is like - I was looking at them again the other day.  Did you get the cheapest ones?  If so or if not... what's the thickness like and the overall quality?
LittleMonsters

Number of posts : 397
Registration date : 2014-08-30

http://littlemonstersfacepainting.ca

Back to top Go down

Post by missmolly on Tue May 05, 2015 10:46 pm

I bought the standard cards, glossy version (matte and glossy option are included.) I would purchase the standard cards again with the second batch.

They use 100lb stock for their standard cards, I find this sufficient, strong enough to hold up nicely, and they're thick enough to look nice and professional for the client.

I compared it just now to the thickness of other cards I have from other people/business/etc (I keep a book,) and most have the same, a couple cards have a thicker stock, but to me it's not worth the extra cash for something I already see as nice and professional quality.

They offers thicker stock options, and extras like spot gloss and spot metallic finishes, etc. If you click "learn more" under cards there's a price estimator function.

ALWAYS BUY WHEN THEY HAVE A SALE! They always have multiple sales running, right now it's 40% off (I can buy 1000 of my new cards, which include +$6 double sided printing, for less than the cost of what I paid for my original cards, also bought during a different sale.)
missmolly

Back to top Go down

Post by Tineke on Wed May 06, 2015 2:53 am

These are mine:
Tineke's Grime is the facepainting business, FacepaintOnline is the webshop (I'm in Europe, so no competition to Metina, so I'll assume it's ok to post this card as well)
I really like my logos for both businesses.
The Tineke's Grime logo was made by a graphic designer friend of mine, and includes paint splatter, brushes, swirls...

The cards are printed at Vistaprint, I have a lot of codes that they include with every delivery, so I don't think I've paid full price in years.

Tineke

Number of posts : 524
Registration date : 2012-07-02

http://www.tinekesgrime.com

Back to top Go down

Post by jlirie on Wed May 06, 2015 11:26 am

kookyclowns, i actually like your current card better. colorful and modern. catches the eye because it's different than the usual business card look.
jlirie

Number of posts : 1757
Registration date : 2014-07-31

Back to top Go down

Post by tronnor21 on Wed May 06, 2015 6:00 pm

kookyclowns-I agree with jlirie that the original business card is really good. It's very colorful and would definitely catch my eye if I was a customer. I quite like it! Vistaprint seems to have some nice templates.
tronnor21

Number of posts : 24
Registration date : 2014-11-30

http://taylormclean.wix.com/facepainting

Back to top Go down

Post by Kris5115 on Thu May 07, 2015 11:29 am

Here are mine. I ordered them from Got Print. Front:

and back:
Kris5115

Number of posts : 718
Registration date : 2012-04-10

Back to top Go down

Post by missmolly on Thu May 07, 2015 1:29 pm

I like my current card, but I've had multiple clients and such struggle with some of the fonts, so legibility is an issue.

My new card design matches my costume!

The font on it also matches all of my gear that I have my business name on (shirts for events, bags, etc.) Smile

missmolly

Back to top Go down

Post by Kris5115 on Thu May 07, 2015 4:29 pm

The new one is perfect!
Kris5115

Number of posts : 718
Registration date : 2012-04-10

Back to top Go down

Post by LittleMonsters on Thu May 07, 2015 11:29 pm

kookyclowns wrote:I like my current card, but I've had multiple clients and such struggle with some of the fonts, so legibility is an issue.

My new card design matches my costume!

The font on it also matches all of my gear that I have my business name on (shirts for events, bags, etc.) Smile

I agree, your current card can be difficult to read - and it also looks like there is at least 3 different fonts all in that small space - seems like a no, no.

Your updated card, although I find the front to be easy to read which is great - I find it wouldn't entice me to call you based on seeing the card - if I wasn't lazy, I could check out your info online, but... if someone just handed me the card, and I had a number of them, who would I call first?  Leave a lasting impression on the person that's holding it!  I think you could show your work on the back and include some info if you wanted to.

On another note, that picture is great!  I think it would look great on your card for sure.
LittleMonsters

Number of posts : 397
Registration date : 2014-08-30

http://littlemonstersfacepainting.ca

Back to top Go down

Post by Kal on Fri May 08, 2015 9:07 am

I'd like to share a tip for anyone using vistaprint. The business card quality is good. However, they are not the cheapest out there. Psprint.com has way better deals!

If you're uploading your own design be sure to upload a pdf or tiff. Stay away from jpg's or you will not be happy with the quality.
Kal

Number of posts : 433
Registration date : 2014-06-29

Back to top Go down

Post by jlirie on Fri May 08, 2015 7:15 pm

nice variety of styles among all the cards posted so far, looking good Smile

i see your point about the font, kookyclowns. i agree with littlemonsters, your outfit is great, and would be inspiring on your card.
jlirie

Number of posts : 1757
Registration date : 2014-07-31

Back to top Go down

Post by missmolly on Fri May 08, 2015 10:30 pm

I sort of look at it as at least 90% of the people who receive my card see me or my partner offering our services. They likely already have some idea of what they're getting or the sorts of things we offer, and if they're coming by another client's referral one of the first things we do is direct them to photos of our work. (I'm also looking into half-page flyers, to post places where people haven't seen our work for more exposure, including pictures and everything.)

So I chose a clean design over showcasing photos but I see your points, all valid. Perhaps I'll change it, lots of time before the new ones get ordered! I'm off this week, which is why I got the initial design down for them so much sooner than necessary.

I didn't change any of the original fonts on the vista print template that my current card is, which in retrospect I should have done.

Thanks for the food for thought Jlirie and Littlemonsters, I'll keep it in mind Smile
missmolly

Back to top Go down

Post by pippa79 on Tue Jun 23, 2015 7:04 am

My current card is in white, my new idea is the black. Any thoughts, comments etc??

pippa79

Number of posts : 28
Registration date : 2015-06-05

http://www.colourmagicfx.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by eviedejesus on Tue Jun 23, 2015 11:44 am

I like the black one much better.

Kookyclown- that photo should be on your business card - it is adorable and definitely would move more people to hire you.
eviedejesus

Number of posts : 662
Registration date : 2012-06-08

http://www.fantasyfacedesign.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top