Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

Star belnds and application

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Star belnds and application

Post by bonsumart21 on Thu May 14, 2015 8:48 am

So I took the plunge and bought my first set of star blends( white,black, red and brown).  I also bought some disposable smoothie blenders and a regular smoothie blender.  My question is at an event where you are going to do lots of face do you just use the disposable ones? One per face? If you use your non disposable blender how do you clean it between faces?  Thank you

bonsumart21

Number of posts : 17
Registration date : 2013-06-11

Back to top Go down

Re: Star belnds and application

Post by amylady222 on Thu May 14, 2015 11:49 am

oh goodness--that is a big questions.

You will have the people who use one smoothie per color (normally the people who are in it for speed) and then you have the people who use one per face.

I have found this forum is a very clean forum and most will respond that they use one per face for health reasons---BUT if you ask around other places you will find all sorts of answers.

The problem with cleaning it between faces is that you use water to clean it (unless I am wrong?) and you don't want to get your starblends wet, so unless you have a TON you can wash between faces and still have other dry ones to use I wouldn't wash them.

So the question is--what do YOU Feel more comfortable with?

If you choose to use one smoothie per color--keep in mind that smoothie heads fall off--you might have a kid you don't want to reuse the smoothie after painting--so it is good to have many on hand just in case

amylady222

Number of posts : 1176
Registration date : 2012-08-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Tineke on Thu May 14, 2015 1:32 pm

I use the lollipop blenders, one per face. They're cheap, can be machine washed, and work well enough.
The smoothie blenders work better, but don't last long, are a hassle to clean, and break easily....
Tineke

Number of posts : 524
Registration date : 2012-07-02

http://www.tinekesgrime.com

Back to top Go down

Post by MelindaT0813 on Sat May 16, 2015 8:13 pm

1 per color is how I roll.
I have about 10 in reserve and if the child looks "iffy" (for one reason or another) I load it REALLY well and throw it in the wash bag without reloading.

However, for sponges I use 1 per face.
You know, I probably should use 1 blender per face too now that I am thinking about it. They are super cheap.................

I guess the biggest problem is speed like Tineke Said.
Reloading is faster, you didn't have to fish for it and the first loading is always the most time consuming.

MelindaT0813

Number of posts : 568
Registration date : 2011-03-16

http://www.mindyentertainment.com

Back to top Go down

Post by rthling on Sun May 17, 2015 8:52 pm

I use one per color.
rthling

Number of posts : 1829
Registration date : 2010-10-05

http://www.fancyfacesbydiane.com