Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

Non-Refundable Vendor Fee

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Non-Refundable Vendor Fee

Post by eviedejesus on Thu May 14, 2015 8:17 pm

Has anyone been unlucky enough to have a large event (Fair, Festival, Carnival) cancelled due to weather. One where you lost the vendor fee and had turned potential parties away because you had committed to an all day event?

This is my biggest fear with committing to festivals. I know they can be great money makers....but, there is always the risk the weather will not cooperate. I do my best to negotiate paying a percentage of my income (not to exceed the original vendor fee) to reduce the risk of this happening, but not everyone is willing to negotiate....especially the larger events.

Just curious to know how often this happens to those that do LOTs of these type of events.
eviedejesus

Number of posts : 662
Registration date : 2012-06-08

http://www.fantasyfacedesign.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Non-Refundable Vendor Fee

Post by Captain-Savvy on Thu May 14, 2015 9:13 pm

I've done mainly festivals where I pay for a space, and I've only lost my vendor fee once... and it wasn't due to weather. My car had a flat tire when I went out to load up that morning and I didn't have a spare, so I ended up missing the set up times. Laughing This was a few years ago.

I prefer doing these kinds of events. For me, it's worth the risk. If there's a chance of rain I still go and take my tent with me. Usually even if it rains, people still go to the events and I make enough to cover my expenses. An earlier festival this year had a slow start and got rained out at 4 pm, but I still made a good profit before then... and thanks to my weather proof tent with walls, I was able to stay dry.

I've never done an event with a fee over $60, though. If it were $100 or more I would be nervous too, but if it was a well known event with a history of a large turn out I would still be willing to take the risk.
Captain-Savvy

Number of posts : 305
Registration date : 2009-03-10

http://captain-savvy.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Krissiemarie on Mon May 18, 2015 10:10 am

So far (knock on wood) all my events the rain has stayed away or it was light enough for people to want to get painted. I prefer festivals or fairs over birthday parties. I love the fast pace. The most I've spent is 125 for a multiple day event.
Krissiemarie

Number of posts : 622
Registration date : 2011-07-21

http://www.facebook.com/facepaintingbykristina

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top