Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

Hello from Moranbah, Australia!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Hello from Moranbah, Australia!

Post by Miss B's Face Painting on Sun Jun 14, 2015 1:45 am

Hi all,

I've been facepainting on the side from my full-time teaching job and have enjoyed doing small parties and some larger local events over the past year. It's not a regular income as I have a huge workload as a high school teacher, but it really brightens my week when I'm booked for a job and it's a themed event I can practise new designs for, and kids and parents are so delighted at me being there! It gets a bit scary sometimes as I set very high expectations of myself and don't want to disappoint, but have learnt to take my time if it's not turning out how it should, correct it and take a picture to learn from next time.

I started with basic Derivan facepaint as part of teaching my Cert II Art students painting skills different to canvas and found material painting, and had so much fun learning and teaching with them from videos and books, then facepainting at community events that I then bought my own TAG set of colours with Global one-inch stroke palettes, got face and body glitter and stick on jewels and a second set of colours for student helpers, and that's where I am at now.

It's been really interesting reading where everyone else has started and where they come from! I have a Tumblr that I upload pictures to as well as my Facebook page - the hardest part of working alone is trying to get pictures of all the designs, so I have missed opportunities to get pictures of my best designs at events, and can definitely see improvement from my first jobs to my last!

It's amazing watching videos of highly experienced facepainters - love to get to that speed and accuracy! Thanks all, looking forward to hearing from you!
Miss B's Face Painting

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2015-06-13

http://kirabauleka.wix.com/missbsfacepainting

Back to top Go down

Re: Hello from Moranbah, Australia!

Post by Forest-Fairy on Mon Jun 15, 2015 2:49 pm

welcome to the forum!
Forest-Fairy

Number of posts : 1672
Registration date : 2014-03-13

http://vancouverfacepainting.ca