Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

Have to buy a kit...

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Have to buy a kit...

Post by Leesh on Fri Jun 19, 2015 7:56 pm

Ok, I've read through several threads, but still have questions. I'm doing about 200 faces every Saturday and about 50 on Tuesdays from now till the end of summer. Prior to all this craziness, I was a liquid paint girl...I'm currently using two global split cake palettes, a solid global dark green ( I have a naughty word load of leaves!)and a Faz solid white. I'm still using my liquid black as it's just what I'm used to.
I know I gotta place an order for paint, and I'm wondering if I should go with all split cakes plus a few solids such as blue, red, and pink. Currently I work out of the split cakes and my remaning liquid supply.
I've been reading here, and seems that people like the metallic s to work with? I know how to combine solids into my own cakes, but am wondering, based on usage I mentioned above, which way to go here.
Leesh

Number of posts : 67
Registration date : 2015-06-05

Back to top Go down

Re: Have to buy a kit...

Post by jlirie on Sat Jun 20, 2015 1:03 pm

depends on what you like and the designs you do.

are your designs based on split cakes and do you enjoy using them?
based on the volume of faces you mentioned on saturdays, the speed of using split cakes sounds like the way to go. sundays maybe a variety.

do some of your designs need to be painted with solid colors one at a time?

if you have a combination of designs, probably get a combination of splits and solids in appropriate colors.
jlirie

Number of posts : 1799
Registration date : 2014-07-31

Back to top Go down

Post by fesspenter on Fri Jun 26, 2015 10:09 am

Dear Leesh:
If you post your general location in your Profile, above, we can guide you toward local suppliers.

If you Google each topic individually, you will find so much information. Notice that there are different recommendations as we are all different artists, with different temperaments.

Happy Painting!
fesspenter

Number of posts : 3333
Registration date : 2011-04-29

http://www.wix.com/lisaleyes/facepaintbylisaleyes

Back to top Go down

Post by Leesh on Sat Jun 27, 2015 7:29 am

Trust me there aren't any near me. I did however find a site called jestpaint I really like. I finally finished all my research here and price checking and ordered last night.
I went with palettes to start with and few extras, all global paints:
Standard and Caribbean palettes, silver gold and green glitter gel, a strong black and standard white in 32 g size, three stencils- stars, fairy, and an eye one I liked and have trouble with. A 3/4" brush, a kryvoline(?) Black "marker" for the adults, and a partridge in a pear tree. Lol
Leesh

Back to top Go down

Post by fesspenter on Sat Jun 27, 2015 8:32 am

If you are in the US, the facepaintforumshop.com (the colourful rectangle above) has competitive pricing, and the shipping is FAST! The facepaintforumshop pays for this Forum, so I strive to purchase from there, as I love this place.
I LOVE Global! Global Dark Blue, Global Purple, and Global Magenta have a permanent place in my kit.

Happy Painting!
fesspenter

Number of posts : 3333
Registration date : 2011-04-29

http://www.wix.com/lisaleyes/facepaintbylisaleyes

Back to top Go down

Post by jlirie on Sat Jun 27, 2015 8:13 pm

isn't shopping for face paints fun? Very Happy and you got a "bonus" gift, too, Wink (the partridge)
jlirie

Number of posts : 1799
Registration date : 2014-07-31

Back to top Go down

Post by Leesh on Sat Jun 27, 2015 8:24 pm

Lol. Yeah I sure did! I looked here first, but several items wernt available and I didn't want to pay two separate shipping charges. I come to this shop first, it's pretty much what I use as a guide to judge other sites prices and such. If in future I can get what I need here, I will know as it is first place I stop in to look.
It's funny you say that it's fun to shop for paints. I'm a total Tom boy, not an ounce of girly in me, so what do I find I enjoy??? Painting on people. I'm totally amused by this latent girly aspect. Lol
Leesh

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum