Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

Now offering glitter tattoos. How to split up time?!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Now offering glitter tattoos. How to split up time?!

Post by Facepainting by Denise on Thu Jul 09, 2015 11:33 am

So I've been face painting for about a year, but just recently I invested in glitter tattoos to offer as an add-on to my face painting. I'm just wondering do I offer them AFTER I'm done facepainting or just upon request? Like do I do 2hrs of facepaint do I then pull out the glitter tattoos and do that for an hr?  Perhaps it's a dumb question but I'm confused all advice is welcome Shocked Neutral Very Happy

Last edited by Facepainting by Denise on Fri Jul 10, 2015 7:01 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Typo)
Facepainting by Denise

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2015-07-09

Back to top Go down

Re: Now offering glitter tattoos. How to split up time?!

Post by Facepainting by Denise on Fri Jul 10, 2015 7:01 pm

Anyone??
Facepainting by Denise

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2015-07-09

Back to top Go down

Post by missmolly on Sat Jul 11, 2015 2:33 pm

I don't usually do glitter tattoos. But I almost always do both balloon twisting and face painting for birthday parties.

Upon arrival I decide if the party is best suited to paint a child's face, make them a balloon, move on to next child, or if it's better suited to doing face painting for the first half of the party and balloons for the second half.

If it's a high volume party and I know that it will be fast-paced I always do the latter. Often even for slower parties I do face painting first and balloons second, as it tends to flow best. If the children are uninterested in face painting I'll offer them a balloon and alternate between the two for the party. It just depends on how busy the event is and the demeanour of the guests.

Hopefully this helps you decide which option to do or to develop a new strategy!
missmolly

Number of posts : 74
Registration date : 2014-04-20

http://www.kookyclowns.ca

Back to top Go down

Post by creativefunfaces on Wed Jul 22, 2015 10:29 pm

I do them at the same time. I have a largish tray, that I call the glitter tattoo station, when a person chooses to pick one. I then try to sound cute, and say "now we need the glitter tattoo station" and put it right in front of me. More than anything I just try and figure out if the customer wants to allow everyone to have both, and be charged for both, or just pick one, and have a smaller fee. That seems to work for me. I do the same thing at fairs, as I am usually the only one there, and I have to be able to do both if I offer both. Hope that helped a little.
Amy
creativefunfaces

Number of posts : 314
Registration date : 2012-01-24

http://creativefunfaces.yolasite.com

Back to top Go down

Post by barbb919 on Wed Aug 12, 2015 1:22 am

I do face painting and glitter tattoos and balloons. but I have had to stop balloons. when doing glitter tattos and face painting I would prolly do glitter tattoos first then face paint. i would do this because if you face paint first some times they get smeared and they would want to to fix them while you do tattoos. so i would do the tattoos first. when i did balloons. I would face paint first and do balloons last because i didnt want to have to fix balloons while i was painting. I hope this helps.
barbb919

Number of posts : 2109
Registration date : 2010-03-23

http://tappysfacepainting.weebly.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top