Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

Provo UT new painter!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Provo UT new painter!

Post by brazitach on Sat Aug 29, 2015 11:39 pm

Hello! it says to intro myself so... im a young single mom who felt it was time to try the buisness route. iv been too scared for too long. Im really really excited to start painting as a career. I've been facepainting since 12 yrs old though im just learning the Professional way! I love it! Im going to school and currently just enjoying this learning process! What else do i say? thankyou to everyone for their wonderful advice. I've already learned so much from all the info out here. QS: Does anyone know if there is a sealant to put on the practice masks that will prevent staining. And if so, is it technically safe for the brush, paint etc. to be touching whatever chemical has been sprayed over the practice head. Naturally i dont want the chemical contaminating the paints and then the children!!! As some sealants cause cancer and birth defects. Well i thought id ask while im here. THanks!!!!!! Happy Painting!!!!!~~

brazitach

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2015-08-11

Back to top Go down

Re: Provo UT new painter!

Post by pattyofurniture on Sun Aug 30, 2015 9:32 am

Welcome from northern Utah Smile
pattyofurniture

Number of posts : 266
Registration date : 2013-11-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Hoodat Whatzit on Sun Aug 30, 2015 9:59 am

Welcome to the forum! It's a great way to learn the ins and outs of face painting. Regarding your practice head, I've been using eucalyptus oil to remove staining. it works great but I've recently heard about folks using olive oil which is much cheaper and easier to find. Some folks say they use coconut oil as well.

Hoodat Whatzit

Number of posts : 58
Registration date : 2014-05-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Jaynickay on Fri Sep 04, 2015 1:49 pm

Hi!

I've read on a couple of blogs that spraying it with hairspray can prevent staining.

I haven't tried it as I am waiting for my practice head to arrive in the mail, but I will be giving it a try!

Jaynickay

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2015-09-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top