Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

rain rain go away...

View previous topic View next topic Go down

rain rain go away...

Post by Staley on Fri Sep 18, 2015 3:56 pm

I am trying to decide if it's worthwhile to go to our rodeo event tonight. It has been raining all day and is supposed to continue on and off. We are scheduled for tomorrow as well but today is mutton busting and I would think those kids would be my target. I have never been to a rodeo before so I have no idea how well we would do without the rain. They won't make me pay for our spot if we don't set up tonight but my kids / partners have been looking forward to this. Also, it's my 22nd anniversary today. We didn't make plans since we knew I would be at the rodeo. How well do the rest of you do at rodeos?

Staley

Number of posts : 117
Registration date : 2014-05-06

Back to top Go down

Re: rain rain go away...

Post by jlirie on Sat Sep 19, 2015 2:26 pm

happy anniversary Smile. did you go? how was it?
jlirie

Number of posts : 1775
Registration date : 2014-07-31

Back to top Go down

Post by Staley on Sat Sep 19, 2015 4:58 pm

Thanks! The weather just kept getting worse so we didn't go. The hubby and I went to dinner instead. Tonight is the last night and we are leaving in 30 min. Hopefully it will be worthwhile.

Staley

Back to top Go down

Post by jlirie on Sun Sep 20, 2015 5:48 pm

good call..
jlirie

Back to top Go down

Post by Staley on Sun Sep 20, 2015 9:50 pm

Saturday night was great! Not big money but enough to be worthwhile. Plenty of very happy kiddos and a few adults. Plus we got to see our first rodeo. They gave us the best vendor spot and I feel like we have a good relationship with our contact at the fairgrounds association. I am sure we will be invited to more events.

We practiced horses and western ideas like a rose and horse shoe. The kids still mostly wanted the rainbow tiger.

The county fair at the same grounds was slow but fun and it gained us a contact at the vetrans home. That contact asked us to work their family fun day last weekend and they said we were a HUGE hit and have asked us to come back next year. Smile

Staley

Back to top Go down

Post by jlirie on Sun Sep 20, 2015 11:22 pm

nice! you got a two-fer weekend - an anniversary dinner and a fun face painting rodeo day. that's too funny about the rainbow tiger Very Happy
jlirie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top