Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

1 year old Fab paints are doughy

View previous topic View next topic Go down

1 year old Fab paints are doughy

Post by callmebarbie on Wed Sep 23, 2015 9:38 pm

Hi guys. So I was excited to get the Fab paints last year, even after reading mixed reviews. I liked the colors and I thought I liked the consistency. A year has passed, I didn't paint all summer, and now I see the paint is unbearably doughy. Did anybody else run into this problem and know how I can fix it? Or is that just the way they are? Thanks. Embarassed I love you

callmebarbie

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2014-12-05

Back to top Go down

Re: 1 year old Fab paints are doughy

Post by jlirie on Thu Sep 24, 2015 11:46 am

sounds like they may have absorbed moisture from the air? how were they stored?

if you think that's the case, you could put them in a warm, dry place with the lids off, to dry out. or even a food dehydrator.

Last edited by jlirie on Fri Sep 25, 2015 9:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
jlirie

Number of posts : 1794
Registration date : 2014-07-31

Back to top Go down

Post by callmebarbie on Fri Sep 25, 2015 3:51 pm

Well I live in Palm Springs. It can get 115 degrees out here over summer, so they sit all summer until I wait till it cools down again. They were in my kit and I suppose it may be humid due to a water cooler, but not as opposed to other areas of the country. Could it also be from using too much water on them? I use them to sponge and I am somewhat a rookie. Thanks for your reply.

callmebarbie

Back to top Go down

Post by jlirie on Fri Sep 25, 2015 7:13 pm

that could be it. although i do not use sponges, others usually recommend moistening your sponge and loading from the dry paint cake, rather than moistening the paint and loading with a dry sponge.

also play around until you figure out the least amount of water required to get the paint consistency you want.
jlirie

Back to top Go down

Post by Affordable Face Magic on Fri Sep 25, 2015 7:33 pm

I got a palette of 20 colors (16 or 18 gms) when I 1st started 4 years ago. A few colors haven't been replaced, because I rarely use them...brown & grey. I've bought the larger size, but prefer the smaller ones, which I carry stacked in a pencil case, along w/my 45 Gm white & black. Since I live in Florida, I learned from my FPF friends not to store my paints anywhere hot: my garage, my car etc.
I'm hoping you just got them too wet. Try leaving them open after each use to allow them to dry out. Do you store uncovered?
Affordable Face Magic

Number of posts : 835
Registration date : 2011-09-28

http://www.affordablefacemagic.com

Back to top Go down

Post by callmebarbie on Fri Sep 25, 2015 7:53 pm

They were stored with the lids on, in the black palett case, inside an aluminum case. They were in a hot room that sometimes had a water cooler on. EEK! I know they need to be in a cool room but I was away this summer and I couldn't have the AC on while away. I also did use a lot of water on the more doughy colors. I have some colors that were barely used and their consistency is the same from when I got it..Too much water then, right? I will try to dehydrate and leave out from now on. '

callmebarbie

Back to top Go down

Post by jlirie on Fri Sep 25, 2015 9:59 pm

well, the good news is it's reversible. and we've all been "swamp thing" at one time or another. Very Happy
jlirie

Back to top Go down

Post by artyfacesbyluz on Wed Sep 30, 2015 9:20 pm

I repot them, I carry them in smallest size jewelry try, I live in Florida, and the paint get doughy and some times I see a liquid on top on them, I clean it and use them without water, I doesn't bother me as they are small portions, have a couple rainbow cakes and they act the same.
artyfacesbyluz

Number of posts : 953
Registration date : 2011-02-22

http://www.artyfacesbyluz.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top