Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

Hello Everyone.....newbie here with ? about PPF prices

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Hello Everyone.....newbie here with ? about PPF prices

Post by Snazzy12 on Tue Oct 20, 2015 7:46 am

I am going to be doing PPF at a very large event on Halloween. Some come in costume but some don't and want there faces painted. I ve never charged before and I plan on doing full face (some with stencils), masks and check art. It takes me about 10 mins to do a full face. If I u se stencils about 7 mins. Can anyone suggest what prices I should charge. Also, would you charge less if you use a stencil? THANK YOU

Snazzy12

Number of posts : 66
Registration date : 2015-10-20

Back to top Go down

Re: Hello Everyone.....newbie here with ? about PPF prices

Post by Kris5115 on Tue Oct 20, 2015 9:30 am

Hi Snazzy. Welcome! Where are you? Location makes a difference in what to charge. (You can add your location to your profile and it will show up on the left of your posts.) Also, would you post some samples of your work? It's a bit difficult to give a price if we don't know what kind of details and such will be in the design.

I usually don't change my price for using stencils. When I'm painting at PPF (pay per face) events, I usually charge $10-$15 for full faces that take 3-6 minutes to paint. I would charge more for a more detailed 10 minute design.
Kris5115

Number of posts : 738
Registration date : 2012-04-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Snazzy12 on Tue Oct 20, 2015 10:35 am

Hi... I live in WI in a city with a population around $250,000. It is where the university is and they have a huge block party every Halloween with thousands of people (mostly students. There are people that come in costume but a lot people don't want to bother getting a whole one but still want something so face painting fits right in. I haven't taken any pictures of my work before but as soon as I do I will post it. I am doing this event to raise money for a dog in a rescue that needs surgery that will cost about 1,000.00.

Snazzy12

Back to top Go down

Post by Kris5115 on Tue Oct 20, 2015 10:46 am

OK. Wisconsin pricing should be similar to Minnesota pricing. So your pricing should be based on your speed and the quality of your work. I would recommend a minimum of $5 per design, assuming you are using professional FDA compliant face paint.

Since you haven't taken pictures of your work, how do you plan to display your offerings? Many painters have a word board/display. If you want to search on displays try a search from google like this:
site:www.facepaintforum.com "word board"

Also, look under my picture. Do you see where it says "Location: Twin Cities, MN". You can go into your profile and add your location. This will be helpful in getting answers that are location specific. Also, from time to time, face painters get together to jam and practice. It's easier to connect with others locals if you add your location information.
Kris5115

Number of posts : 738
Registration date : 2012-04-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Snazzy12 on Sun Nov 01, 2015 11:18 am

Thank you for your helpful suggestions. I m embarrassed to say I can't find out how to get to "my profile", could you tell me so I can enter my location in it.

Snazzy12

Back to top Go down

Post by LittleMonsters on Sun Nov 01, 2015 7:57 pm

Snazzy12 wrote:Thank you for your helpful suggestions. I m embarrassed to say I can't find out how to get to "my profile", could you tell me so I can enter my location in it.

This link might work for you: http://www.facepaintforum.com/profile?mode=editprofile or you can click on "Profile" at the top of the page below the "Christmas Graffiti Challenge" graphic.
LittleMonsters

Number of posts : 397
Registration date : 2014-08-30

http://littlemonstersfacepainting.ca

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top