Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

Children who make you smile

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Children who make you smile

Post by melissah1982 on Mon Oct 26, 2015 4:31 pm

Thought I'd post this because I am still so giddy over it, lol

So I painted at a dance school's Halloween party and i still have a simple/basic board. I have two princess crowns: One standard gold crown and a Frozen Crown. I really don't want to fill up my board with 13+ princess crowns so I just keep it to those. Since Frozen is the thing right now (despite my feelings on it) I use is to maybe drawn in the girls.

ANYWAY, A little girl...about 3-4 wearing a pink Ballet costume looked at the board with her mother and said the following: "I want the Frozen Crown but can I have it pink?" I was busy painting another girl so wasn't able to answer, but I like to listen to the conversation so I can get an idea of what the kids want. The Mother than says: "I am sure she can do it in pink for you...like Princess Aurora!" Now me...being the Disney Geek I am wanted to shout out "Um...Aurora wears BLUE" But I let it go...can't fight against the Disney Marketing machine, lol

So she sits in my chair, asked for 'The Frozen crown but pink like Aurora's' and I get my rose split cake. She was so still and cute and I told her 'I better make this good because Aurora is my FAVORITE princess'. I then add all special embellishments and star bursts and glitter. She wanted "lip gloss" and so I did the 2 color lops. I have to admit, she looked adorable. Her face when I was done was, I use this all the time, priceless.

I was so thrilled the girl wanted a princess other than Frozen, and not just any princess, Aurora...who...sadly doesn't get a lot of attention from the princess crowds like she should, lol She gave me hope. And I still smile at how cute and sweet she was.
melissah1982

Number of posts : 101
Registration date : 2014-10-11

http://www.melissasfaceart.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Children who make you smile

Post by pattyofurniture on Mon Oct 26, 2015 5:57 pm

cute
pattyofurniture

Number of posts : 266
Registration date : 2013-11-15

Back to top Go down

Post by LittleMonsters on Mon Oct 26, 2015 10:35 pm

Very cute! I've had the same thing happen - wanting a frozen crown, but pink.

The board (2 frames) I use sometimes has 18 different designs on it... I'd like to add a third frame (making it 27 designs) but haven't yet... I paint whatever they want anyway but I like to give more ideas so everyone's not getting the same thing!
LittleMonsters

Number of posts : 397
Registration date : 2014-08-30

http://littlemonstersfacepainting.ca

Back to top Go down

Post by melissah1982 on Tue Oct 27, 2015 6:23 am

Yea, I probably have about the same as you. It's not large...I can barely remember the designs I have I don't know how some have hundreds to choose from. but I don't mind doing something off board, if I know I can do it. Like a little girl wanted a cupcake so I painted a cupcake. Same with this crown. It's a fairly simple design (one stroke/flat brush thing) so depending on the princess they want I can just change it up as needed. but now I am inspired to do a pink princess. might work on this next time I open my paints! lol
melissah1982

Number of posts : 101
Registration date : 2014-10-11

http://www.melissasfaceart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Artsupplies on Wed Dec 16, 2015 3:46 am

Really Cute story. I like it.
Artsupplies

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2015-11-03

http://www.artshedonline.com.au/

Back to top Go down

Post by Laura-Lou on Wed Dec 16, 2015 7:16 pm

Almost completely unrelated but your post reminded me of a kid a week or so ago and it made me smile all over again!

I was working a big christmas corporate event for all the staff's kids and I had this boy come up (about 8 or 9). He wanted to have this sparkly holly crown design which has eye makeup and red lipstick as part of it. I was a bit worried about if he would want the lipstick and make up too, I didn't want to do it and he get upset about it being 'girly' or make him feel like he couldn't have it.
Anyway he was very clear that he wanted the whole shebang, and afterwards he was just so thrilled! It just really made my day, you do you kid! Plus mum saying, 'Wow! You look gorgeous!' was the cherry on top Very Happy
Laura-Lou

Number of posts : 59
Registration date : 2015-11-18

http://www.ljfacepainting.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top