Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

Face painting during mardi gras

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Face painting during mardi gras

Post by csanlop on Tue Nov 03, 2015 8:19 pm

hi everyone!

I wanted to know how to become a face painter during mardi gras in new orleans.
My friend and I were thinking of going out there to face paint feb 2016 but don't have a clue how to go about it.. Do face painters out there rent a booth/ space out there? Get hired by company? Or can we just walk among crowd and pick a corner and face paint? Is money good im hoping yes. So if anyone out there has face painted during mardi gras or knows how that typically works i would appreciate any tips.

csanlop

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2011-10-18

Back to top Go down

Re: Face painting during mardi gras

Post by Sweet Loretta on Wed Dec 30, 2015 2:16 pm

The best way to paint in NO during Mardi Gras is to have a space within a business or get hired out right.   So it requires a far amount of networking and contacts before you head to NO. Like any major city NO has laws and you need a mobile vendors permit to work on the street. NO has a special permitting process for Madi Gras. It is easier said than done during MG in NO to just walk out and find a corner.

My suggestion is if there is any event you want to do you use this year as a pilot trip and make 2017 your profitable year. Meeting painters who are already established in will greatly help you.
Sweet Loretta

Number of posts : 744
Registration date : 2008-09-25

http://www.sweet-loretta.com

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top