Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

Hello from sunny Bay of Plenty, New Zealand!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Hello from sunny Bay of Plenty, New Zealand!

Post by shayleefairypainter on Tue Mar 08, 2016 4:25 pm

Hi Everyone! sunny

Iv been reading this forum for a good month and have quite literally spent hours on it! This alongside youtube, was probably my best "go to" places in researching what to get for my kit, and now that its arrived, how to do all the things I'm trying to do!

Its DEFINATELY not as easy as I thought. Or as easy as experienced painters make it look on youtube lol, but it is so fun!

I'm still practising on my thighs and occasionally my face, my nieces and nephews are a little too wiggly for me just yet. I get a little distracted doing one stroke designs because they look so pretty.. when I should really be practicing my line work (iv watched and read a zillion things about lines and tear drops but I'm just not fabulous at it. YET!).

So thank you everyone for your contributions to this forum! It has been such an invaluable tool for me and I look forward to being able to contribute myself in the future.

Oo also if there is anyone else from NZ who would like to connect in regards to face painting id love to hear from you!

Have the most beautiful and blessed day,
Shaylee Fae flower

shayleefairypainter

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2016-03-08

Back to top Go down

Re: Hello from sunny Bay of Plenty, New Zealand!

Post by fesspenter on Tue Mar 08, 2016 7:02 pm

Welcome to the Forum!
I believe the lovely and talented Daizy Designs is from the North Island! My sister lived in Christchurch until three months before the big earthquake.
Happy Painting!
fesspenter

Number of posts : 3328
Registration date : 2011-04-29

http://www.wix.com/lisaleyes/facepaintbylisaleyes

Back to top Go down

Post by shayleefairypainter on Tue Mar 08, 2016 9:26 pm

Thank you! And the info about potential other awesome kiwi Very Happy Very Happy

Oh wow, she left at a good time then! I used to live there also and its definitely not like it used to be.

shayleefairypainter

Back to top Go down

Post by EnchantedFacesbyDalton on Tue Mar 08, 2016 9:33 pm

So many people from New Zealand! How is the face painting business over there? It has always been on my bucket list to visit!
EnchantedFacesbyDalton

Number of posts : 28
Registration date : 2015-09-30

http://www.enchantedfacesbydalton.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Rose nuku on Wed Mar 09, 2016 2:56 am

Kia ora fellow kiwi..I'm new to face painting as well and still in the phase of practicing too.
Rose nuku

Back to top Go down

Post by shayleefairypainter on Wed Mar 09, 2016 10:16 pm

Enchanted Faces, you have an exceptional name! That's what I wanted to call mine if it ever became a business but then I googled and someone in Nz already had it Sad. Unsure about the face painting business as yet as I'm still only practicingbat home. Although by the sounds of it you guys have ALOT of business over there! I'm from a smaller city but I'd never heard of people face painting at night clubs or restaurants etc until reading this forum! But you should definitely visit Nz Smile it's worth it for the culture and the nature!
Hi Rose Nuku! where are you based? How are you finding things?

shayleefairypainter

Back to top Go down

Post by EnchantedFacesbyDalton on Thu Mar 10, 2016 1:26 am

In my city, there is a lot of business, but so much competition here too. This is my first year of my own business, before this, I worked with my mom for 5 years.
EnchantedFacesbyDalton

Number of posts : 28
Registration date : 2015-09-30

http://www.enchantedfacesbydalton.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Rose nuku on Thu Mar 10, 2016 2:43 pm

Hi Shayleefairypainter....I'm from Opunake a small coastal town in Taranaki..I've only just discovered face painting so I'm just trying to get together my supplies while trying to find time to practice.
Rose nuku

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top