Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

Hello from Bristol UK

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Hello from Bristol UK

Post by imladris on Mon Apr 25, 2016 7:48 am

Hi,
I've been painting my daughters and friends children for about 3 years and just agreed to run the face painting at my eldests school fair in July :-S
Have lurked here for a few months but have some questions I can't seem to search for or else read without registering so jumping in.
I have real issues with consistency and just want to check it is actually me and not something I'm using or could easily change.
Thankyou!

imladris

Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2016-04-25

Back to top Go down

Re: Hello from Bristol UK

Post by Kris5115 on Mon Apr 25, 2016 9:46 am

Hi and welcome! I hope you find the answers you are looking for here.

Is your issue with consistency around the consistency of the paint (waxy brands vs. glycerin brands) or amount of water to add or something else?
Kris5115

Number of posts : 696
Registration date : 2012-04-10

Back to top Go down

Post by imladris on Mon Apr 25, 2016 9:54 am

Hi, thanks!
I've asked the full question in beginners but essentially.my results are always either so.good I suprise myself, or so utterly terrible even my 2 year old wants it washed off straight away.
I "think" it may have something to do with using Snaz white for line works as back on a bad run and only just realised I'd hardly used it after getting a diamond fx one in a better tub. But equally aware I could just be terrible!

imladris

Back to top Go down

Post by jlirie on Mon Apr 25, 2016 2:19 pm

nope, it's not you, it's the brand of paint. you are correct that it is much more difficult to get clean line work with snaz white (or black) than with dfx, or any other paraffin based brand like wolfe, tag, kryvaline regular, and cameleon. other face painters say even non-paraffin global is good for linework.

from my experience with snaz, it works well for line work if you are painting directly on bare skin, such as doing teardrops or dots. but it is quite difficult doing line work over a base of face paint.

when i caught on to the difference in brands from reading about them on the forum, i switched to wolfe, and the improvement in line work was dramatic.
jlirie

Number of posts : 1733
Registration date : 2014-07-31

Back to top Go down

Post by fesspenter on Mon Apr 25, 2016 2:52 pm

Welcome to the Forum imladris!
I love this Forum.
I learn so much from the extremely knowledgable and helpful peeps here. When I want to know something, I look here, first, before asking questions.
There is a game of Face Paint Tag going on here. It is a game where we learn to stretch our painty muscles. We get asked to do weird face art on the job. This is a way to exercise ourselves.
One of the best ways to learn is to attend your local jams. It is wise to put your local area into your Profile so others can jam, show you tips and tricks, share jobs, and split shipping on face paint orders.
Happy, Happy Painting!
fesspenter

Number of posts : 3323
Registration date : 2011-04-29

http://www.wix.com/lisaleyes/facepaintbylisaleyes

Back to top Go down

Post by imladris on Mon Apr 25, 2016 3:26 pm

Really helpful to know I might be able to get back some of the quality with a different paint.
Thanks for tip about updating profile, hadn't looked for it yet.

imladris

Back to top Go down

Post by Laura-Lou on Fri Apr 29, 2016 7:35 am

Hi imladris, nice to see a fellow UK painter! Even if we are miles away! From looking at this forum I think that the face paint game over here is very different to over in the US. For example it would be impossible for me to charge some of the prices they (you lucky ducks!) manage in the US, I think a culture of half hearted school fete designs for 50p runs deep over here Razz.

It can also be more expensive to buy certain face paint brands over here, DFX and tag are definitely the most affordable options and there is a great UK supplier called the face paint shop. Their royal brushes are also very good. People on here rave about the forum shop which is meant to be very good but there are obviously shipping costs from across the pond so I've never tried it.

Also it might be a nice idea to post up some pictures of bits you're struggling with so that people can offer advice or help Very Happy plus I'm nosy! Laughing

Happy painting!
Laura-Lou

Number of posts : 59
Registration date : 2015-11-18

http://www.ljfacepainting.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top