Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

Cooperating with competition for fair setting

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Cooperating with competition for fair setting

Post by Fairytalesbymichelle on Thu May 26, 2016 8:09 pm

Hi,
I had a wild idea. Our local area fair costs up to $1000 to set up for the 10 day period. Would it make sense to go in halvesies with my competition? like ask a local facepainter to join me. I can imagine the money making situation would get weird. If we both kept what we each earned, we would be competitively trying to get more customers under the same tent. I don't know if it would be worth it. But at least we could easily take breaks. Your thoughts?

Fairytalesbymichelle

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2016-04-03

Back to top Go down

Re: Cooperating with competition for fair setting

Post by DebbieB on Thu May 26, 2016 11:53 pm

I did this with one of my friendly competitors. We are roughly the same speed, talent level, etc, so we agreed to a design board and the prices and we both paid the same fees and split the profit right down the middle. It worked well for us. Smile
Neither of us rushed through to get to the next kid, and it went very smoothly.
DebbieB

Number of posts : 301
Registration date : 2013-09-09

http://www.debsdreamydesigns.wix.com/debs

Back to top Go down

Post by Fairytalesbymichelle on Fri May 27, 2016 8:18 am

That's what I'm imagining. Something going perfectly smoothly. What do you do about credit card payments? I mean I have a back account that I don't use for anything important, I could attach both our square readers to the account and honor system style, give her half from the account.

Fairytalesbymichelle

Back to top Go down

Post by DebbieB on Fri May 27, 2016 8:35 am

I used my debit card reader and she used hers.

If my amount on my daily total was higher, I gave her the difference out of my half of the cash, and vise versa.
DebbieB

Back to top Go down

Post by Fairytalesbymichelle on Fri May 27, 2016 8:37 am

Thank you! I was waiting for the perfect no hassle resolution to that problem and you gave it to me. Thank you!

Fairytalesbymichelle

Back to top Go down

Post by DebbieB on Fri May 27, 2016 9:23 am

This system worked well for us. It can work for you, too, as long as you and the other painter are in complete agreement on all the details. Everything from approximately how long a princess crown should take and how detailed and whether you wanna upsell for bling, etc. Iron out all the details before you both agree to it.
Another option is to find someone who wants to share space, but offers a different service, like henna. I have done it both ways, and both work as long as you and the other person communicate so that there isn't animosity or hard feelings.
DebbieB

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top