Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

Opinions on Kits?

Go down

Opinions on Kits?

Post by Lunar Wolf Art on Tue Jun 13, 2017 3:25 am

So I have been thinking of buying one of these face paint kits and I have narrowed it down to two.

1. http://www.facepaintshopaustralia.com/face-painting-kits/face-painting-starter-kits/face-paint-kit-global-colours-pro/

2. http://www.facepaintshopaustralia.com/face-painting-kits/face-painting-starter-kits/face-painter-pro-starter-kit-tag-body-art-australia/

Which do you think is best/worth it? I am not too familiar with Global so i am unsure.

Thank you!
Lunar Wolf Art

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2017-03-22

Back to top Go down

Re: Opinions on Kits?

Post by Kris5115 on Tue Jun 13, 2017 9:14 am

Either looks like a great kit. Global and TAG are both excellent brands. You can make additional split cakes (one strokes and rainbow cakes) with the solid colors.

Number of posts : 743
Registration date : 2012-04-10

Back to top Go down

Post by jlirie on Tue Jun 13, 2017 11:47 am

since you are starting out, i might advocate for going smaller and trying a variety of colors first.

it's tempting to get a set of full cakes that looks "pro" but i can almost guarantee that you will discover other colors and split cakes you want, in addiction.

or discover colors you don't end up using, but you're stuck with a full cake.

then there are glitters and gems to add.

i am a big fan of metallic and pearl colors, (as well as non-primary shades, some of which the large kits do have) so would suggest thinking of getting some of those, too. for instance, metallic/pearl red or pink, turquoise, and silver.

all professional brands of face paint offer small palettes of colors, including regular and metallic/pearl, and some offer split or rainbow palettes, too, for about $30.

you could get a couple of those to try out, then invest in larger cakes of the colors you really like.

then you can use the smaller palettes to practice with.

Number of posts : 1807
Registration date : 2014-07-31

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down