Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

Parties or festivals?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Parties or festivals?

Post by fancyfaces2010 on Wed Aug 30, 2017 5:53 pm

As a face painter do you make more money from doing parties or festivals? I've only done festivals a couple times and the weather was horrible and I barely covered my costs. Seemed like a waste of time. But now I'm looking to increase my income and wondering if I should reconsider. Any tips?

fancyfaces2010

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2010-07-04

http://www.fancyfaces.biz

Back to top Go down

Re: Parties or festivals?

Post by Affordable Face Magic on Sat Sep 16, 2017 10:01 pm

I am fortunate to do several Festivals/year w/fellow face painters where they pay our hourly rate AND we put out  a tip jar. There are two annual Irish Festivals in neighboring towns. One is 3 of us getting our hourly rate for one 4 HR evening. The other is me, paying for space for 2 days & working hard to cover that fee & make a profit. I love the music, many of my friends come & since it's my ancestry, I love to be there. In 2 days, I only make slightly more than that 4 HR gig the night before!!! One year, it was so hot (Florida) I was lucky to make any profit. We do one festival where we work all weekend, get our hourly rate & can pay the mortgage that month w/our earnings.I think any gig where you get your hourly rate is better than a PPF (Pay per Face).That includes birthday parties.
Affordable Face Magic

Number of posts : 832
Registration date : 2011-09-28

http://www.affordablefacemagic.com

Back to top Go down

Post by PaisleyPeacock on Tue Sep 19, 2017 6:48 pm

I would LOVE to do more parties! I get few calls, though, and I don't know why. Everyone is pleased when they leave me, everyone gets a card, and some evn ask if I do parties. It's frustrating.

PaisleyPeacock

Number of posts : 31
Registration date : 2017-03-22

Back to top Go down

Post by Affordable Face Magic Yesterday at 9:03 pm

Paisley Peacock, Do you have a website &/or Facebook page? Google both your business name & "face painter in (your town)". Does your name come up? Lots of my jobs are referrals, or someone who saw me painting & took a card but often, they found me on the internet! There's a few threads here on the forum about getting your name out there & how to word your website so it comes up. (notice I'm not THAT "Tech Savvy", but if I can do it, you can!) This forum has a wealth of knowledge already discussed & just waiting for you to look it up. Good Luck.
Affordable Face Magic

Number of posts : 832
Registration date : 2011-09-28

http://www.affordablefacemagic.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top