Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

Face paint design boards

Go down

Face paint design boards

Post by Lunar Wolf on Sat Jun 09, 2018 1:14 am

I just wanted to ask how people do their design boards because I am struggling to sort mine out. I originally had some boards where I had pinned laminated sheets of paper to them where I painted on the designs (oh god why), it was a terrible idea but it worked. These have now fallen apart I need new boards so I want to make ones that will last

Lunar Wolf

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2017-03-22

Back to top Go down

Re: Face paint design boards

Post by fesspenter on Wed Jun 13, 2018 5:11 pm

There are word boards that a lot of painters use. These are wonderful as you can change your design any time. Laminate, and put velcro or a magnet on the back.

You can purchase some face paint designs from Etsy stores, and put them on a board. I always underachieve when I create these faces... so people are SO pleased with the actual result... and, I can do less details for those wiggly children. I use these little painted faces at a large festival we do every summer. There are many children who do not speak english, or, are non-verbal, so they can point to what they want.
I used to offer up free face painting in the park, if the parent would sign a model release form, and allow me to publish their child's face in photos for my advertisement, website, or choices board. I laminated the photos and put velcro on the back, so I could switch out the pictures. I put coloured dots on the pictures to show the price points. I put a colour key on the side of the board, showing the green dots are $, the yellow dots are $$ and the blue dots are $$$. I can change the price anytime.
Ask lots of painters how they display their work. You will find some really clever ideas.
fesspenter

Number of posts : 3352
Registration date : 2011-04-29

http://www.wix.com/lisaleyes/facepaintbylisaleyes

Back to top Go down

Re: Face paint design boards

Post by Lunar Wolf on Thu Jun 14, 2018 8:27 am

Thank you this helps alot

Lunar Wolf

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2017-03-22

Back to top Go down