Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

First Event Out of the Way, and I have some questions!

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: First Event Out of the Way, and I have some questions!

Post by Psalmbook on Thu Aug 19, 2010 1:53 pm

Ahhh, Shannon... the clown make-up did my eyes in as well. I can still wear my normal make-up & face paint.

Fanie: I'm a light make-up girl. My girls & I like to go to the make-up counter & find the most done up gal there & see what monstrosity they can come up w/ on our faces. I got rained in to a Sephora the other day & walked out w/ 2 extra inches on my face. But, she did sell me something for keeping my personal brushes clean:-)
Psalmbook

Number of posts : 7642
Registration date : 2010-03-09

http://www.wix.com/psalmbook/Lindas-Face-Painting

Back to top Go down

Post by jumpers4you on Thu Aug 26, 2010 11:47 pm

modernmagik wrote:Not sure where you got your information, but Paradise does not contain Coconut Oil, or at least the label does not have it listed as an ingredient.

The paints I bought from Paradise last year have coconut oil -- one of the girls in my daughter's preschool class was allergic to peanuts in any form, so this is the only reason I know this. I did notice that the newer paints I have been getting from them do NOT contain coconut oil, so they must have changed the 'recipe'. Sorry if this has already been discussed! =)
jumpers4you

Number of posts : 152
Registration date : 2009-09-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Rosenberg-Cox on Fri Aug 27, 2010 10:53 am

I did not see an answer for keeping the paints warm. I have used a battery operated candle warmer before. I also have a battery operated nail dryer I use for my brushes when I am in a hurry. Last summer (not the one we are finishing now), I use a mini 6 pack cooler for when my paints got to mushy due to the heat.

To the possible allergy issue, one of my kids (who normally come with me) takes alittle of the paint down the line and puts a number on the kids hands. This allows me to see if they are going to have a reaction and keep the line in order. Right now I am mostly Snaz but am switching to DFX.
Rosenberg-Cox

Number of posts : 236
Registration date : 2009-08-27

http://www.facepainting.coxmanor.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Bec on Fri Aug 27, 2010 11:22 am

I would prefer if my paints were made from ONLY animal products and tested on baby seals. It just feels safer to me.

Also, does anyone know of any face paints made from straight gasoline? I haven't been able to find any.

Twisted Evil
Bec

Number of posts : 541
Registration date : 2010-05-25

http://www.bbeautifulfacepaint.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Lonnie on Fri Aug 27, 2010 1:34 pm

This is an interesting thread... Do you guys have direct links to ingredient lists for the different brands? DFX, Grimas, Snazaroo, Paradise, TAG, Wolfe, Eulenspiegel etc?

In Denmark "we" have a parabene phobia ( <- homemade word I think) and also perfumes are often a no-go regarding kids especially. At least for the parents who "care" for what they give their kids. Campaigns have warned "us" during the last years, and the first thing some people ask for is: Does it contain parabenes or perfume?

As far as I have heard, DFX and Grimas pure are free of perfume and parabenes, but now you say that Paradise is the most natural paint? Please enlighten me Very Happy
Lonnie

Number of posts : 621
Registration date : 2009-07-31

http://www.Lonnies-ansigtsmaling.dk

Back to top Go down

Post by Tash on Mon Aug 30, 2010 6:57 am

jumpers4you wrote:
modernmagik wrote:Not sure where you got your information, but Paradise does not contain Coconut Oil, or at least the label does not have it listed as an ingredient.

The paints I bought from Paradise last year have coconut oil -- one of the girls in my daughter's preschool class was allergic to peanuts in any form, so this is the only reason I know this. I did notice that the newer paints I have been getting from them do NOT contain coconut oil, so they must have changed the 'recipe'. Sorry if this has already been discussed! =)

I think you are confusing cocoa butter and avocado oil - which paradise has both.
I have been told by a Mehron rep that the formula has been the same since it was released with Jinny's approval.
I bought paints last year and this year and they are exactly the same.
The rep also told me it is safe to use on people/kids with nut allergies.
Tash

Number of posts : 1883
Registration date : 2010-01-04

http://faceartbytash.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by jumpers4you on Tue Aug 31, 2010 4:59 pm

Tash wrote:
jumpers4you wrote:

I think you are confusing cocoa butter and avocado oil - which paradise has both.
I have been told by a Mehron rep that the formula has been the same since it was released with Jinny's approval.
I bought paints last year and this year and they are exactly the same.
The rep also told me it is safe to use on people/kids with nut allergies.

Nope, not confused =). I don't keep the boxes, otherwise I would have taken a picture to show you, so I can't prove it. But going round and round about it last year I am quite certain it was coconut oil and WOULD have provoked an allergic reaction to the child in question, who has SEVERE nut allergies - hence the cocoNUT which was the issue and resulted in my not being able to use Paradise paints. There is absolutely no confusion. The newer boxes do say avocado oil and cocoa butter and the coconut oil was removed from the ingredients. I highly doubt that any customer service rep who you speak to has direct contact with the chemists who formulate the paints to know for certain if they've re-formulated, or added something here and taking something there without making any drastic "notable" changes... Just my two cents of course.
jumpers4you

Number of posts : 152
Registration date : 2009-09-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top