Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

Have you seen the new cakes at SF????

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Have you seen the new cakes at SF????

Post by Painted Dragon on Sat May 08, 2010 11:35 pm

And the Krylon Interf. Surprised)
Painted Dragon

Number of posts : 529
Registration date : 2009-04-09

http://www.the-painted-dragon.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun May 09, 2010 1:01 am

I love my Paradise Cherry bomb and Silver bullet. Those colours are so amazing. Paradise metalics are really vibrant abd beautiful.

Back to top Go down

Post by jenjenhana on Sun May 09, 2010 1:14 am

I'm always looking for rhinestones or swarkovski (sp?) crystals that aren't the huge craft ones. I want more bling. Love Paradise paints and the Kryolan Interferenze too.
geek
jenjenhana

Number of posts : 191
Registration date : 2009-10-08

http://www.fenixfaba.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Psalmbook on Sun May 09, 2010 7:50 am

FPF is my 1st stop choice & then I go elsewhere(if Metina doesn't carry it). I agree... Paradise! I'll need to think about the rest... Light weight tank tops/t-shirts in "real girl" sizes w/ awesome & professional face painting designs. This would make a great contest... hint... hint. I love the black one I got but it's 1/2 sleeve & such a thick fabric for FL.
Psalmbook

Number of posts : 7642
Registration date : 2010-03-09

http://www.wix.com/psalmbook/Lindas-Face-Painting

Back to top Go down

Post by Linda Adams on Mon May 10, 2010 6:28 am

Paradise gets my vote too!
Oh and I do use the Kryolan Interferenze & Neons
Linda Adams

Number of posts : 563
Registration date : 2009-04-30

http://www.NotQuiteWarpaint.com

Back to top Go down

Post by CreateFaces on Mon May 10, 2010 9:27 am

PARADISE!! It's my preference for adult gigs.
CreateFaces

Number of posts : 1012
Registration date : 2009-09-15

http://www.create-a-face.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Metina on Mon May 10, 2010 9:35 am

I believe that most brands will kit into the foam cases. I have some 30 gram wolfe cases and snaz and paradise and will confirm as soon as my new order comes in.

I will also look into paradise. My only fear with the glitter tattoos stuff is the potential for error when packing. I triple check my orders and still make mistakes here and there and cannot imagine trying to get a huge order of stencils right.

I may just leave that to the experts for now. LOL

-Metina

Shipping from $3.99
Washington DC Metro--But Serving the World!
Metina
Admin

Number of posts : 3708
Registration date : 2008-09-04

http://www.facepaintforumshop.com

Back to top Go down

Post by contrachapado on Mon May 10, 2010 10:37 am

Maybe the stencils would be easier if you just packaged them in sets of 10, or something like that.
contrachapado

Number of posts : 751
Registration date : 2009-01-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Perry Noia on Mon May 10, 2010 11:20 am

I know that there is another supplier near me that has the cases, but there are different foam inserts for the different brands... SF also has different ones for the different brands. The snazaroo containers are bigger around than some of the others I believe. Your prices on the cases seem to be better than I've seen though and I'd rather support your store Very Happy

This would of course amount to being my next HUGE expense, so I'd probably have to wait until after moose camp this summer before I did it.
Perry Noia

Number of posts : 3523
Registration date : 2008-12-12

http://www.perrynoia.ca

Back to top Go down

Post by Magic on Mon May 10, 2010 12:39 pm

Yes Paradise!!! Might also want to investigate what Pashur has up his sleeve.
Magic

Number of posts : 556
Registration date : 2008-10-01

http://www.makingfacesparties.com

Back to top Go down

Post by BluAngL83 on Mon May 10, 2010 2:40 pm

I bought a travel project case from the container store $3.99 and plan on velcro-ing my paints to the case so that they dont move around. I just need the right cases to put my paints in. Still looking for the rectangular ones similar to the 50gm blending cakes metina sells....Do you guys have any empty ones?
BluAngL83

Number of posts : 851
Registration date : 2009-06-22

http://www.heavenlyfacedesigns.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Gamezgirl on Mon May 10, 2010 11:58 pm

BETALLATEX!!!! That's my vote for your expansion . As for those of us in Canada....if you are any where near the border, you can drop ship to a UPS store. They charge $5 to recieve a package, then you clear it thru customs yourself. Granted, I usually do this with larger orders...but it is only an hour south of me, and saves me alot of $$ on shipping, and brokerage fees for larger items.
I had a large order of Balloons shipped from Texas to the UPS store, it was great, forget how much shipping was but...it was reasonable. They had 11 bags of balloons backordered. When they came in, the total for the balloons was $23 and change. The cost to have it shipped to my house...$25. Sometimes it is worth making a trip to a drop ship location. I got my canopy from the US as well, free shipping and I declared it myself at the border...saved a bunch of $$.
Gamezgirl

Number of posts : 473
Registration date : 2009-05-06

Back to top Go down

Post by aprilmoonflower on Thu May 13, 2010 12:30 pm

SuzySparkles wrote:OMG !!
[img][/img]

hmmm I bought this same blue split cake at xmas time from SF. it's not new I don't think. scratch

ETA- ok my bad, I checked this out. This one is Midnight. The one I have is Snowflake but they really look very similar to me!
aprilmoonflower

Number of posts : 713
Registration date : 2009-08-28

Back to top Go down

Post by zeebee on Sat May 22, 2010 9:48 am

I am so excited to have found this forum and Metina's shop, I can't wait to be able to put in an order! Very Happy
I would love to buy some cases too.
And I had to laugh at the glitter comment, no matter what other room he is in, my husband always gets it on him somehow!!! I always say glitter is a permanent part of my life now...who knew? lol
Can someone please explain what the Kryolan Interferenze paints are? And are the neon paints the same as UV? please forgive my ignorance.
zeebee

Number of posts : 169
Registration date : 2010-05-21

Back to top Go down

Post by tanyamaldo119 on Sun Sep 26, 2010 9:03 am

Metina wrote:Awe shucks! I am thinking of expanding and want your feedback. I was considering Paradise, Kryolan or Betllatex Balloons. What are your thoughts?

I am looking to add more repeat purchases rather than "one time" type things. Thanks for all your feedback on what I should add.

PS In my book customers are #1 no matter what. They are you whole reason for exisiting. And although I do love SF myself for the vids, selection and that Heather is truley amazing, there really is no excuse for the shipping taking so long. If you are doing that well, hire someone.

-Metina

I think that is a great idea Metina. That way we come here for necessities. Would make shopping so much easier.
tanyamaldo119

Number of posts : 334
Registration date : 2010-08-09

http://www.misstanyasfacepainting.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun Sep 26, 2010 3:52 pm

zeebee wrote:Can someone please explain what the Kryolan Interferenze paints are? And are the neon paints the same as UV? please forgive my ignorance.

Kryolan Interferenz are irridescent (that's the translation of the word) and they are beautiful. Working with them is "different" than other paint as you need to use more water than you think and work them into a paste to get a really good opaque coverage, or you can use less water and have a more translucent shimmer. The colours are beautiful. They are not always great for line work, but can be very effective particularly the Bronze which is a lush old gold and is nice for lines and details.

Neon and UV are often used for the same products. UV are paints that react to ultraviolet light (black light) and glow - the are great in daylight as they are very bright due to sunlight being ultraviolet! Neon is not necessarily UV but is used to describe the colours - which are neon looking in regular light.

UV does not "glow in the dark" unless black lights are being used.

Back to top Go down

Post by zeebee on Mon Sep 27, 2010 7:49 am

Thanks for that great explanation Shannon, that helps me a lot.
zeebee

Number of posts : 169
Registration date : 2010-05-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Back to top