Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

Tattoo stencils from Faketoos

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Tattoo stencils from Faketoos

Post by Guest on Tue May 18, 2010 2:45 pm

I received the original batch of stencils from faketooos and I have to say, they are the most amazing designed stencils I have seen by far. The sizes are huge.
Now I know there is an issue with the adhesive that Mark has appologized for. I will be getting the "good" batch soon to replace the ones I just received.

Now my review at this point:
The stencil sizes are amazing. When it says "medium:, I would describe them more like large. The details and designs are outstanding.
The ones I have now from his "bad batch" of adhesive, are very tricky to use. The are workable, but take forever to remove the top layer.

Some small details that are not attached to the main design need a bit of getting use to. But, I think the method of removing the stencil before applying the glitter would really help in this process.
One little trick with that is to tint your glue with a little food colouring or paint from you cakes. Just a slight tint. That way when the stencil is removed, you can see the design very clearly to apply the glitter.

I am definilty buying my stencils from Mark Faketoos in the future. Wish he had a bit more designs. But, there are quite a few to choose from. Now if only we could get the glue from him to and have one stop shopping.

Love, Love, Love these stencils.

Back to top Go down

Re: Tattoo stencils from Faketoos

Post by twinkletattoos on Sat Jun 05, 2010 9:22 am

I just ordered some stencils from him. I have 3 parties next weekend and if they make it here I'm going to try them out. I carry 3 brands of stencils now and wouldn't mind adding more options.

Thanks for the review.
twinkletattoos

Number of posts : 276
Registration date : 2010-04-23

http://www.twinkletattoos.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat Jun 05, 2010 11:33 pm

I am doing a big festival this weekend and I have to say that the "bad batch" stencils are terrible. It takes forever to remove the top layer and is costing my time and money.
However, I did receive 2 designs of the replacements as he promised us, and they are wonderful.

So, if anyone has the "bad batch", please give the replacements a good go before deciding whether you like them.

I absolutly LOVE the replacemtns by Faketoos.com
I am sure you will too. And the designs are amazing. Most of the tattoos I sold these last 2 days were from Faketoos.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Metina on Sun Jun 06, 2010 7:26 am

let's just clarify that how long the tatoos last have nothing to do with the stencils. this has to do with the glue you use, glitter application, glitter and how they take care of them.

I am happy that you very happy with the replacements, but let's not say they are something they are not. this can be very misleading to a newbie.

thanks,
metina

Shipping from $3.99
Washington DC Metro--But Serving the World!
Metina
Admin

Number of posts : 3708
Registration date : 2008-09-04

http://www.facepaintforumshop.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Metina on Sun Jun 06, 2010 1:47 pm

Whoops! I must apologize. It was brought to my attention that you most likely meant "in the past" two days, not that they last two days. So sorry!

-Metina

Shipping from $3.99
Washington DC Metro--But Serving the World!
Metina
Admin

Number of posts : 3708
Registration date : 2008-09-04

http://www.facepaintforumshop.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun Jun 06, 2010 7:29 pm

Anyways, I am done the 3 day festival and have to say that the "bad batch" are def. not worth bringing to a festival. maybe keep them for a birthday party or play. They take forever to remove the top layer. Ripping the stencil...just terrible. I lost alot of money messing with these. I really wish I had the replacements for my festival. The hard part was that everyone was asking for the Faketoos designs. So, he is def. an awesome graphic designer.....and the 2 replacemtns I rec'd worked awesome.

I am really hoping I get the rest (which is about $150 worth) soon.

Back to top Go down

Post by BluAngL83 on Mon Jun 07, 2010 1:34 pm

Well I got my "good batch" for my festival and THEY ROCK!!!! Alexis my glitter tattoo assistant LOVES them and she is difficult to please and very picky. She was into Glimmer, but now she's all about the "purple ones". Stencils are nice and big, easy to apply and remove, and designs rock (the phoenix sold out at the fest). Tinks is my fave and currently above my right ankle.
BluAngL83

Number of posts : 851
Registration date : 2009-06-22

http://www.heavenlyfacedesigns.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Perry Noia on Mon Jun 07, 2010 2:27 pm

yeah, I was helping Glitterfly with some of her glitter tattoos this weekend and the clear plastic was really hard to remove from the stencils on certain ones (I didn't know which were which, but noticed a big difference between the different coloured ones she had).
Perry Noia

Number of posts : 3523
Registration date : 2008-12-12

http://www.perrynoia.ca

Back to top Go down

Post by BluAngL83 on Mon Jun 07, 2010 2:36 pm

Just wait for the good batch, they come off like buttah, lol
BluAngL83

Back to top Go down

Post by SuzySparkles on Mon Jun 07, 2010 3:13 pm

yeah they come off super easy, but do you have one with a lot of detail...like the Wolf Pack tattoo one? I couldnt get the little pieces to stick to the clear part as I was getting it ready for transfer to skin. I think the new clear part is awesome for the less detailed stencils and comes off easily... but if you have a lot of little pieces it is rubbish and I ended up throwing a few away in frustration and making the person choose a different tattoo they wanted as I refuse to spend 10 minutes trying to get a stencil to work...
SuzySparkles

Number of posts : 2778
Registration date : 2009-11-09

Back to top Go down

Post by ChangingFaceDesigns on Mon Jun 07, 2010 3:37 pm

I had the same problem with the my daughter's school carnival. Marks designs are great, but I wasted time with that clear tape and it did slow me down alot. I had to just deal with it because the people had already paid and had been waiting in line. I had a block party this past Sat. and I had to tell several people that his designs weren't available and to please choose something else.

I am to receive my new batch this week, so based on what you guys have posted, I am excited to get them and start using them.
ChangingFaceDesigns

Number of posts : 1559
Registration date : 2010-04-20

http://www.changingfacedesigns.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon Jun 07, 2010 3:52 pm

SuzySparkles wrote:yeah they come off super easy, but do you have one with a lot of detail...like the Wolf Pack tattoo one? I couldnt get the little pieces to stick to the clear part as I was getting it ready for transfer to skin. I think the new clear part is awesome for the less detailed stencils and comes off easily... but if you have a lot of little pieces it is rubbish and I ended up throwing a few away in frustration and making the person choose a different tattoo they wanted as I refuse to spend 10 minutes trying to get a stencil to work...

At this point I think the thing to do is what Mark recommended as to use a small spatula thing and quickly rub the top layer when the tattoo id already placed on the arm. This will/should make it easier for all the little pieces to stick better.
I was having great difficulty with the Bad batch with little pieces. I would tear top off slowly and move around the stencil. Bu the time I got to remove the bottom, the top was stuck back on. Argghh....
I am excited for the new ones.

Back to top Go down

Post by BluAngL83 on Mon Jun 07, 2010 4:52 pm

Yup I got a free squiggy thingy with my HUGE order and i quickly rub them before i transfer to make sure the free parts stick to the clear part. Also is great to take the bubbles out and lay them better on curved areas of the body.
BluAngL83

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Jayde on Fri Jun 11, 2010 9:44 am

I just received my order from Mark and I am completely blow away! The designs are freakishly precision cut and to have that top clear film come off like "buttah" was exhilarating! My fav are his tribals! They are true tribal designs with pin sharp points and razor sharp lines.

I've been using Glimmer and ABA's stencils up until now and I've always had a small issue with getting the clear coat off the stencil once it was on the skin...it kind of tried to hold onto the stencil. Not so with Faketoos! Literally...butter smooth!

The best part of my experience came when, after taking the Emo Kitty stencil off of my daughter's arm, she said "wow, that didn't hurt like the peace sign!" I wish I'd had the stencils when I did her class party last week because the primary complaint I got from the kids was that it felt like I was removing a bandaid when I took the stencil off...no matter how quickly I got it on, put the glue down and pulled it off! I'm placing another order today and getting rid of my other stencils. I'm purple all the way!
Lady Jayde

Number of posts : 1844
Registration date : 2009-08-10

http://www.imaginastic-facepainting.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri Jun 11, 2010 11:09 am

I totally agree. So glad we found him. OR did he find us? Either way....I am in LOVE with his stencils. Designs, precision and ease of removal. It is everything we all wanted in one package. And cheap shipping. Gotta love that.
Faketoos rock!!!!!!!!!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by ChangingFaceDesigns on Sat Jun 12, 2010 1:04 pm

Still awaiting my replacements so the jury is still out on that one......so I am glad I still have good stock on my glimmer ones. I will always keeps those on hand. I am also looking to add on some from LA she's got some unique ones I'd like to add to my offerings.
ChangingFaceDesigns

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat Jun 12, 2010 3:32 pm

Maybe e-mail Mark and see what the hold up is?

Back to top Go down

Post by Winger1200 on Sun Jun 13, 2010 5:28 am

I cant wait for my replacement, either! I love the T-Rex! Did any of you get one? Is it easy to apply and do the details show up? What is the most requested color?
Susan
Winger1200

Number of posts : 670
Registration date : 2008-11-15

http://www.SusanLeeBillings,com

Back to top Go down

Post by twinkletattoos on Sun Jun 13, 2010 6:41 am

Winger1200 wrote:I cant wait for my replacement, either! I love the T-Rex! Did any of you get one? Is it easy to apply and do the details show up? What is the most requested color?
Susan

I didn't get the T-Rex, but I think it would look really awesome in a darker green.

I got my order from Mark this week and used some of the stencils at my party today.
I got a lot of local style designs ---Aloha, Plumeria, Hang Loose--they went over very well with my group of kiddos. My top layer did come off "like buttah" haha I'm going to test out the other designs I bought tomorrow. I think we will add Mark's stencils to our online shop soon. Would like to keep a variety of different companies on hand, because each artist seems to have their favorites.

I mainly have avoided stencils with pieces and parts, but I think because I'm scared I'll mess up the design when I'm in a rush. I just need to slow down and practice peeling the layers properly so applying the pieces will be easier. I bought some "squared" tweezers and removed the small pieces after the glue, but before I applied the glitter so the pieces wouldn't become so "buried"--and then removed the remainder of the stencil after glitter application. This seemed to work well for me.
twinkletattoos

Back to top Go down

Post by SuzySparkles on Sun Jun 13, 2010 10:40 am

I love his stencils as well!!! The ones with a lot of detail drive me batty though... I had SUCH a hard time with that Wolf pack tattoo.. I tried using a credit card to make the stencil stick more to the clear part. Anyone else have trouble or use that tattoo... It is def one that I would like to offer but just can't get it to work, I threw it across my tent in a fit of rage... and told the person to pick another one....lool!!

For the most part though, great designs and he is good at dealing with customer issues.
SuzySparkles

Number of posts : 2778
Registration date : 2009-11-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun Jun 13, 2010 11:43 am

Is the wolfe pack one even hard to remove with the new glue he is using? I was going to order that one. But, maybe I will wait.
I rec'd most of my replacements....except the big ones. I sent him an e-mail about a week ago asking if they have been sent and no reply. I resent it Friday. So, hopefully I get them soon.

Just curious how he can charge only $1 shipping and still keep his stencils at a resonable rate? Don;t get me wrong...I LOVE the cheap shipping.

Glad everyone is liking his designs and he was honest in replacing all of our bad ones. Excellent customer sevice for sure.

Back to top Go down

Post by twinkletattoos on Sun Jun 13, 2010 12:14 pm

He doesn't cut the stencils. They come in sheet so they fit in a flat envelope and can be sent First Class mail.
twinkletattoos

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Jayde on Sun Jun 13, 2010 3:00 pm

The difficulty with the wolf pack stencil comes with the MANY floating pieces involved in the intricate design. He did warn us when he presented the design that it was a labor intensive stencil that looked really cool once you finished with it. I ordered some because I love the design and I know that it will, in no way, shape or form be the quick slap-n-dap stencil job that I'm used to. From what others have said, I believe the squeegee will be the key to keeping all of the pieces together until you pick them off. I've been practicing extricating floating pieces out and I'm getting pretty good at doing it without much effort. I'm determined to be ready for the wolf pack stencil when I get them.
Lady Jayde

Number of posts : 1844
Registration date : 2009-08-10

http://www.imaginastic-facepainting.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ChangingFaceDesigns on Thu Jun 17, 2010 10:53 pm

whooooooo hoooooo my replacements plus my new order came today. I must say the top layer removes very easily, so looking forward to using them at my event this weekend.
ChangingFaceDesigns

Back to top Go down

Post by rthling on Tue Sep 04, 2012 12:27 pm

I've been having so much trouble removing the top layer of the older stencils I bought last year. I can't think of a good reason why, but they clear tape is firmly attached to the stencil. And when I remove it, some of the customers say they hurt. I just ordered a new bunch, and I'm hoping they are not like these.
I don't think it would be fair for me to put in a complaint, since I've had them for months, but they are a loss to me, pretty much. I can't use them at a festival, because they take too much time, and they hurt to remove.
rthling

Number of posts : 1829
Registration date : 2010-10-05

http://www.fancyfacesbydiane.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top