Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

how do i photograph designs at a gig ?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

how do i photograph designs at a gig ?

Post by Dawny on Fri Jun 25, 2010 4:22 pm

Good day everyone ! i was just wondering if any of you take pics of your work at a gig ? and if so, do you need to have a permission slip or something of that nature to use the photo in your display or on your website ? I was just wondering.... i usually just redo the designs i like on my daughter (she is a very willing model at 10 years old) lol she still loves to be painited, and then take her picture. However ! it would be nice to take pics at the market where i paint . Any thoughts ?

Dawny
Dawny

Number of posts : 64
Registration date : 2010-02-27

Back to top Go down

Re: how do i photograph designs at a gig ?

Post by Painted Dragon on Fri Jun 25, 2010 4:29 pm

I think Shannon has a form that she has people fill out. I just came up with an idea recently, but haven't implimented it yet. Occationally at a gig, I'll get the person who doesn't have a camera and really wants a photo. I take their photo and tell them if they'd like a copy, they can email me.

The problem is no one ever contacts me. So I came up with a form that they can fill out with their name, email, and a box to check that says "I give permission to use this photography for website/promotion, blah blah blah." If I get their email, then I have their contact info, and can then send them promotional emails etc.

I can share my sheet if anyone is interested.

Painted Dragon

Number of posts : 529
Registration date : 2009-04-09

http://www.the-painted-dragon.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Kristal on Fri Jun 25, 2010 4:37 pm

I have a model release that I take to events - not to birthdays, though.

It says I can use the photos for promos etc and there's no compensation, and there's a line where they can tick off if they'd like me to email the photo(s) to them and/or join my mailing list - if yes, it's an excuse to email and promote when you send the pix!

Works well if they've forgotten their camera, since they always want photos...I've only ever had someone say no once; you could tell that they were uber paranoid about the possibility of their kid's photo online, but that's cool.

They say no, cool - but more often than not they will say yes! I did an adult's only event yesterday, and a photog friend of mine was there - everyone signed releases and were happy to.
Kristal

Number of posts : 1587
Registration date : 2009-03-10

http://www.faceaballoonza.com

Back to top Go down

Post by BluAngL83 on Fri Jun 25, 2010 4:54 pm

Um, when I take pics I just tell the mom if she minds...never had a "NO". I tell her it may be up on my sight and they always say "OOHH my babys gonna be a model!" lol. I always tell them that if they want it off they just have to ask. 2 years later and still works! Most of my printed stuff I just use family so that I dont have the hassels of forms.
BluAngL83

Number of posts : 851
Registration date : 2009-06-22

http://www.heavenlyfacedesigns.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Bec on Fri Jun 25, 2010 6:20 pm

i just ask if they mind if i take a pic for my website and board. They always say "SURE!!".
Bec

Number of posts : 541
Registration date : 2010-05-25

http://www.bbeautifulfacepaint.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Dawny on Fri Jun 25, 2010 10:13 pm

Thanks everyone ! These are alll great ideas ! I think i will make up a form for the market tomorrow !

yeah ! i am becoming a REAL Facepainter ! i am soooo happy !

dawny cheers
Dawny

Back to top Go down

Post by Psalmbook on Sat Jun 26, 2010 8:03 am

I use a form. I like the idea of asking if I can send them promo info & if they'd like me to email them the pic!
Psalmbook

Number of posts : 7642
Registration date : 2010-03-09

http://www.wix.com/psalmbook/Lindas-Face-Painting

Back to top Go down

Post by Lonnie on Sat Jun 26, 2010 1:03 pm

For those of you who has a form and offer to e-mail them the picture: How do you keep track of which form connects to which child?
Cool
Lonnie

Number of posts : 621
Registration date : 2009-07-31

http://www.Lonnies-ansigtsmaling.dk

Back to top Go down

Post by Tilly - Formerly Punky on Sat Jun 26, 2010 4:51 pm

I'm with BlueAngel, I always just ask and tell them we may add their pic to the design sheets or on the website (when we finally get it running, lol) and they are thrilled! It makes them feel so proud of their little masterpiece canvases.
Tilly - Formerly Punky

Number of posts : 1186
Registration date : 2010-04-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Dawny on Sat Jun 26, 2010 6:46 pm

Great ! thanks everyone ! i just didn't know the legalities of it all ! But... today while i was at the market i photographed a few and no one minded at all !

what fun ! take care

dawny
Dawny

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat Jun 26, 2010 10:39 pm

I don't take photos while working, just can't be bothered. I tend not to want to stop to handle a camera or worry about where to keep it and I don't want to get paint and/or glitter in it!

The only time I get working photos is when I take along company to one of the two-day festivals I do out-of-town. My "assistant" who isn't actually painting, will scout the line for "appropriate" subjects, get the parent's to sign a Model/Photographic Release form which has space to note description and clothing of the model, then she will take photos of me doing the painting and of the finished design.

We only take photos of people we have permission forms for. Then I know that every photo I have can be used.

System works for me.

Back to top Go down

Post by Dawny on Sat Jun 26, 2010 10:43 pm

awesome shannon ! thanks !

Dawny
Dawny

Back to top Go down

Post by creative lady on Mon Oct 04, 2010 9:44 pm

Painted Dragon, Could I see your form?
Thanks

creative lady

Number of posts : 191
Registration date : 2010-09-29

http://wix.com/creativeladies/Our-Creative-Imaginings-Face

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top