Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

Time wasted on youth? something to be thankful for?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Time wasted on youth? something to be thankful for?

Post by Monster Princess Art on Fri Dec 12, 2008 12:12 pm

UGG I know they say beauty is wasted on youth but what about all the time you lost as a dumb young adult?
There are two young women in my circle right know and boy it makes me think ..If I could have only talk to the younger me..... Would I have wasted so much time on my pride, trying to prove I didn't pick the wrong guy the first time? No I probably would have just stuck my head in the sand and waited until I just couldn't take it anymore just like I did.
Do you think we would be better off in the long run had we had the ability of foresight? Or do you think we are purposely blinded, all for the sake of caricature even if it means tempering buy fire?
I do. Though I want nothing more than to grab these two girls and shack the stupid out of them... I have to say, if I hadn't gone throw the things I when throw I wouldn't be this person right here right now..for better or for worse. That's not to say a friend shouldn't step in in times of crisis, even self inflicted crisis. That's one of our primary jobs I feel.
With that said before you start doing the "should have"; or the "Only if I had"; "I was the victim"; ....
Stop and think, your wiser for it and we wouldn't have the privilege of knowing this you. Scares and all and we love you even more for them. They are a part of you now and with out them the you, you know wouldn't exist
That's what I'm thankful for this holiday, My growth, my wisdom, my "wasted youth" and yes, even the scares. I wear them proudly to remind me how I am. The unbelievable strength I gained and the compassion I have earned. With out them I would not have you , my husband, my little boy or my self.
(only if I had picked up spelling on the way) Well I suppose we should be thankful for what we do have Smile
Happy holidays my friends I hope they find you with a renewed zest for life.

Monster Princess Art

Number of posts: 301
Location: Chico, Orland, Corning and about any where a paying gig is :D
Registration date: 2008-09-23

Back to top Go down

Re: Time wasted on youth? something to be thankful for?

Post by Metina on Fri Dec 12, 2008 2:39 pm

I think I would be a little less stressed right now if someone had shaken the stupid out of me. I LOVE THAT!

$6 Flat Rate Shipping!
Washington DC Metro

Metina
Admin

Number of posts: 3622
Registration date: 2008-09-04

http://www.facepaintforumshop.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Monster Princess Art on Fri Dec 12, 2008 2:43 pm

haha well wouldn't we all though and ya me too Very Happy

Monster Princess Art

Number of posts: 301
Location: Chico, Orland, Corning and about any where a paying gig is :D
Registration date: 2008-09-23

Back to top Go down

Post by AngieAnders on Fri Dec 12, 2008 2:47 pm

As much time is wasted on stupid decisions, that's part of what makes us who we are. My regret is debt. In our newlywed years we racked up lots of debt (partly not our fault) and really struggled a lot financially. Made some stupid decisions and poor choices and nearly ruined ourselves. But sometimes you have to hit bottom before you can climb back up. Our grueling climb out of debt really taught us a LOT about life, about making choices, and it's made us wiser and more appreciative of what we have been blessed with. If we'd never hit rock bottom and a healthy wake-up call, we would probably still be skirting on the edge of poverty now. As it is, we learned, grew, got smarter, and are now in a much better financial state.

AngieAnders

Number of posts: 1849
Registration date: 2008-09-22

http://www.facesalive.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sherry on Fri Dec 12, 2008 3:35 pm

I feel my younger self wasted too much time, just letting life pass me by. Waiting for things to happen, instead of going after what I wanted.

Interesting topic, btw! Smile

Sherry

Number of posts: 281
Registration date: 2008-09-22

http://www.funfaces.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Shannon Fennell on Fri Dec 12, 2008 7:35 pm

Hmm.... I can't say I've felt that way about my youth. I was always well grounded and responsible. I have worked since I was 9, was in the Army at 17, then college, work, college, work, university, work... The only possible thing I would consider a waste was not pursuing make-up sooner - but even then, it's worked out well starting later in life.

I can totally agree with wanting to "shake the stupid" out of other people though!!! Laughing

Shannon Fennell

Number of posts: 6732
Registration date: 2008-09-24

http://www.shannonfennell.com

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top