Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

Wolfe Bros workshop -- what to bring?

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Wolfe Bros workshop -- what to bring?

Post by MichelleLA on Fri Jul 23, 2010 3:57 am

rebecca wrote:
you'll just need orange, white, black and a round #2 or #3 for the wolfe class
have a wonderful time...

where is their class?

Thanks for the additional info Smile

I'm going to the class in Sonoma. It's a long drive but luckily I have a place to stay about 30 miles away.
MichelleLA

Number of posts : 418
Registration date : 2010-05-16

Back to top Go down

Post by Gamezgirl on Fri Jul 23, 2010 11:42 am

Don't worry...being 'new' you will be forgiven for showing up TOTALLY unprepared! LOL Just kidding. Everyone has good advice, and you really don't need much stuff, and honestly, most people are super about sharing if you happen to have missed packing something.
My short list is
Camera, batteries and memory card
Wipes (and moisturizer to rehydrate after the 75th design you wipe off starts to stain LOL)
Notebook
A disposable coffee cup will even work for your brush water, don't need to be fancy here
I usually use three #4 rounds, one for black, a white one and one for colours
When I go to a workshop, I always wear shorts so I can practice on my legs, more area than just an arm Wink

Have fun! And relax, you will be fine!
Gamezgirl

Number of posts : 473
Registration date : 2009-05-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat Jul 24, 2010 10:25 am

the class in sonoma, is it face painting or body painting?

ttfn,

rebecca

Back to top Go down

Post by MichelleLA on Sat Jul 24, 2010 10:44 am

rebecca wrote:the class in sonoma, is it face painting or body painting?

ttfn,

rebecca

Today and tomorrow is face painting --- I'f I'm not mistaken they will be teaching body painting in Vacaville on Monday -- I think SweetLoretta is either organizing or has details....
MichelleLA

Back to top Go down

Post by MichelleLA on Sat Jul 24, 2010 10:47 am

Gamezgirl wrote:
Camera, batteries and memory card
Wipes (and moisturizer to rehydrate after the 75th design you wipe off starts to stain LOL)
Notebook
A disposable coffee cup will even work for your brush water, don't need to be fancy here
I usually use three #4 rounds, one for black, a white one and one for colours
When I go to a workshop, I always wear shorts so I can practice on my legs, more area than just an arm Wink

Have fun! And relax, you will be fine!

Thanks for the tip on shorts..... not my favorite thing to wear but I happened to have packed some convertible pants (zip off legs) so I'll have the option Smile Also I totally didn't pack moisturizer so I'll pick some up on the way to class. Thanks again!
MichelleLA

Back to top Go down

Post by Mandi from Tazzie on Sun Jul 25, 2010 7:35 pm

Kittee, I can't wait to hear how it all went. I'm glad you posted this thread, I've found it VERY interesting as I too am doing a Wolfe Bros course this September in Sydney. I'm sooooo excited bounce bounce bounce
Mandi from Tazzie

Number of posts : 1826
Registration date : 2010-04-03

http://www.mandifacepaintingsupplies.com.au

Back to top Go down

Wofe Bros class

Post by MichelleLA on Sun Aug 29, 2010 8:59 pm

Mandi from Tazzie wrote:Kittee, I can't wait to hear how it all went. I'm glad you posted this thread, I've found it VERY interesting as I too am doing a Wolfe Bros course this September in Sydney. I'm sooooo excited bounce bounce bounce

Hi Mandi,

Sorry for the delayed response -- I had a great time and learned so much so you will love your course in Sept.

When I arrived, I found out that only Brian Wolfe would be teaching the class because of low enrollment (the organizer really didn't promote it that well) so I was a bit disappointed that I got only half of the duo -- but -- that being said -- Brian Wolf is a fantastic instructor and I got a lot of individual attention.

Somehow the organizer forgot to mention that everyone else in the class was a "haunter" (people who produce and appear in haunted houses for Halloween) -- so the vibe/ interests of the other participants was different but I still learned a lot.

He started with basic line work and then how to highlight and shadow things for a 3D effect. He demonstrated basic girl and boy designs as well as a skull and flames. He also taught a cool tribal scorpion and then demonstrated a full face monster which looked awesome.

The second day was focused on the special fx stuff -- including bruising, cuts, latex stuff which I wasn't quite ready for or prepared for, so while I learned a bit and was exposed to it, Brian continued to work with me on my basic techniques which at my stage was more helpful.

In retrospect I wish I had paid more attention to the special fx stuff but c'est la vie Smile
Brian was awesome give us lots of hands on practice and I'm glad I went. Now I need to take another class to get the full "twin" experience ...

Since then I went to Pashur's 5 day Face Paint University in Vegas which was different but also worth while since I'm just starting out. Gina Niemi was one of the instructors and she is awesome and taught us some brand new designs.

Let us know how your class goes in Sydney!
MichelleLA

Back to top Go down

Post by Mandi from Tazzie on Sun Aug 29, 2010 11:37 pm

Hiya Kittee,

Sounds great, shame Nick wasn't there. So what colours for your kit did you end up taking? Did they supply the practice head? How lucky you are that you've also done a 5 day course with Pashur. WOW.
Only 12 more sleeps till I fly to Sydney, yipeee bounce
Mandi from Tazzie

Number of posts : 1826
Registration date : 2010-04-03

http://www.mandifacepaintingsupplies.com.au

Back to top Go down

Post by MichelleLA on Mon Aug 30, 2010 12:05 am

Mandi from Tazzie wrote:Hiya Kittee,

Sounds great, shame Nick wasn't there. So what colours for your kit did you end up taking? Did they supply the practice head? How lucky you are that you've also done a 5 day course with Pashur. WOW.
Only 12 more sleeps till I fly to Sydney, yipeee bounce

Brian did bring practice heads as well as his kit and some extra whites and blacks.
I ended up taking most primary colors, but as Rebecca predicted, we mainly used Black White, Orange and Red. Lucky I had other colors incl. Brown cause when he wanted to demonstrate "bruises" he realized that he had switched out his brown for another color to take to Bodessy so the class got to break in my Snaz brown.

Yes, indeed I feel very lucky -- thought I did miss a few workshops/events that occurred just closer to Los Angeles just a few months before I became interested in face painting Sad but I'm glad to have found some great workshops within driving distance. It was about 8 hours to get to the Wolfe workshop and a bit over 6 to Las Vegas, but it is nice not to have to pay for airfare.

On another note, the vibe at Pashur's workshop was fantastic -- most everyone else there was a face painter -- many with much more experience and a few newbies like me. I met some fantastic women who were kind enough to share some of their experience and techniques with me.

Now I'm trying to see if I can do one more road trip this month to Living Canvas -- but I'll start a new topic to find out if it is worth the trip...

I can't wait to hear how your workshop goes -- I'd love to hear about how it is to take a class with both Brian and Nick. Hey, if I had more money and didn't have kids I'd be hopping on a plane to Sydney in a heartbeat Very Happy

Michelle

MichelleLA

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon Aug 30, 2010 8:15 pm

I heard that they WEREN'T at Bodessy?

Back to top Go down

Post by hunting4helen on Mon Aug 30, 2010 9:15 pm

I hope that you get a chance to take some classes from the twins again. They are great instructors. Hugs Helen
hunting4helen

Number of posts : 128
Registration date : 2010-01-18

http://www.faceartfantasy.com

Back to top Go down

Post by MichelleLA on Mon Aug 30, 2010 9:46 pm

Shannon Fennell wrote:I heard that they WEREN'T at Bodessy?

I believe they canceled their appearance at Bodessy a while ago "due to schedule conflict" or personal reasons.

Based on their facebook or myspace they were in the UK or vicinity recently and are heading off to Australia soon -- so I'd guess they felt they needed some down time....
MichelleLA

Back to top Go down

Post by MichelleLA on Mon Aug 30, 2010 9:48 pm

hunting4helen wrote:I hope that you get a chance to take some classes from the twins again. They are great instructors. Hugs Helen

I think they are scheduled to be at "learn and play" (sjc) next January so I have that on my Radar. Very Happy
MichelleLA

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top