Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

Thank-you to all my lovely forum friends.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Thank-you to all my lovely forum friends.

Post by Tash on Thu Nov 04, 2010 4:26 am

I just wanted to say a big thank-you to all the wonderfull people who sent me private msgs.....
they really helped me push through. I'm not out the other side yet but I can see the light at the end of the tunnel so to speak so I'm hanging in there.
I'm lucky that I didn't take my first instinct and keep it to myself - not only did I get so many fantastic messages sharing my pain and boosting my strength I also spoke to a friend and my mum and discovered I wasn't being as stupid as I thought I was and that depression is real and if ignored will only get worse.
So I encourage you to reach out for help if you need it - you may be surprised where you find it.
xxooxx
Tash

Number of posts : 1883
Registration date : 2010-01-04

http://faceartbytash.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Thank-you to all my lovely forum friends.

Post by Netsirk1976 on Thu Nov 04, 2010 5:16 am

Tash, I'm unsure of your situation but know very well about depression (I had post natal depression) and dealing with my sister who has been in care for depression and still struggles (although MUCH better). It's not just a matter of pulling up your socks and getting on with it because sometimes you just can't. It can be really hard and there are so many people that don't understand or know how to deal with it.
I hope that you feel better soon!
xo
Netsirk1976

Number of posts : 190
Registration date : 2010-07-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Metina on Thu Nov 04, 2010 7:49 am

Please don't ever suffer in silence. I would say 9 out of 10 of us suffer with some sort of depression(myslef included) and it is so easily treatable.

You can always speak to your GP and most times they will prescribe something for you without having to go to the mental health doctors.

It runs in my family and with the trials of life comes loads of mood swings. I have found that a little Prozac goes along way along with eating healthy, getting plenty of exercise(natural anti-drepessant) and staying clear of the alcohol(a depressant) will help loads.

All my best and please know that you are not alone.

-Metina

Shipping from $3.99
Washington DC Metro--But Serving the World!
Metina
Admin

Number of posts : 3708
Registration date : 2008-09-04

http://www.facepaintforumshop.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Netsirk1976 on Thu Nov 04, 2010 7:57 am

and getting a GOOD nights sleep! I'm finally managing to get decent rest and it really does make a difference to your mood etc.
Netsirk1976

Number of posts : 190
Registration date : 2010-07-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Psalmbook on Thu Nov 04, 2010 9:46 am

Love ya Tash!
Mine was postpartum depression after my last child was born. My hubby was stationed in the Navy far away & was was trying to do it all w/ 5 kids on my own.... and to think, I didn't understand why I was depressed Very Happy
I'm better now & recognize the signs when I feel like I'm getting into a funk & that helps.
Psalmbook

Number of posts : 7642
Registration date : 2010-03-09

http://www.wix.com/psalmbook/Lindas-Face-Painting

Back to top Go down

Post by michellesfantasyfaces on Thu Nov 04, 2010 9:53 am

I have been depressed and understand how you feel...i'm over it now...although it runs in my family...we don't get medication that easy over here...you have to see a psychologist or something...I did...and aftera half year I decided i needed to get on with my life and depression shouldn't keep me from living my life...it helped apparently...although i get little setbacks now and then...

talk to someone..it helps!!! hope you feel better soon...
michellesfantasyfaces

Number of posts : 3190
Registration date : 2010-02-18

http://www.fantasyfaces.nl

Back to top Go down

Post by SuzySparkles on Thu Nov 04, 2010 9:56 am

What?! I missed something!! Cheer up my love, you are beautiful and a very caring thoughtful person... What has you so down? Sad

SuzySparkles

Number of posts : 2778
Registration date : 2009-11-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Linda Adams on Thu Nov 04, 2010 4:05 pm

Tash,
I missed your post I'm sorry....Big hug for you!!!

Depression is real & for me unexpected....I got depression after my heart surgery. Can you believe it???...I mean what the heck??.....I lived through a serious surgery, why the heck was I depressed? I worked through it, but like you almost didn't tell anyone.

I'm glad this group was there for you when you needed a boost! I love the peeps on this list!

Linda Adams

Number of posts : 563
Registration date : 2009-04-30

http://www.NotQuiteWarpaint.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Dana Bee Creative on Thu Nov 04, 2010 4:45 pm

just remember I'm here for you (as are all of us on the forum) if you ever need a shoulder to cry on!
Dana Bee Creative

Number of posts : 326
Registration date : 2009-07-26

http://www.danabeecreative.com

Back to top Go down

Post by EVENTERTAINMENTS on Thu Nov 04, 2010 8:53 pm

I keep reading this thread, checking everything is okay. I read your first post, but not knowing you very well, thought it might be a bit intrusive to say anything.

I've been reading though, and it seems on here, you get a lot of support!

I hope you work through this, and feel much better soon, it's not a nice thing to go through, and even more so if you try and do it alone, you have a lot of good friends on here, and theres always someone to help, even if we dont know you that well cos we're new Smile

Keep smiling, it'll all work out in the end, im sure!

*hugs*

Sammie x
EVENTERTAINMENTS

Number of posts : 276
Registration date : 2010-10-09

http://www.eventertainments.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by pixieface on Fri Nov 05, 2010 2:01 pm

I want to echo Eventertainments - I missed your post as well, but want to offer my support.

One of the reasons I'm really hanging on to learning the face painting is I have - really have to have- an exit strategy from my current business. It was killing me. Heart palpitations and the missing beats that were increasing daily. Fifteen years of web design and I feel like it's all pretty much pointless. After I had to have a visit by the paramedics (sure I was having a heart attack and about to answer the great mystery), I had to start really being honest with myself. I felt my life was over. I hated what I was doing, but have no real marketable skills.

Anyway -it will be years before I can get to a level to make any sort of replacement income -but the minute I started practicing and researching- my anxiety attacks which nothing could control (including meds) started to subside. I'm almost free of them now. I guess it is giving me a new lease on life. My perspective on my business has even changed - I don't let it get to me so much or worry as much. Course I still need constant reassuring and help staying focused on the positive :-)

Point of all this longwinded backstory is - please do look into all the medical as well as psychological reasons. Depression is so complex! And while there are no easy answers they exist. And dadgum it! No shame at all!
pixieface

Number of posts : 505
Registration date : 2010-10-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Mandi from Tazzie on Mon Nov 08, 2010 12:54 am

Tash THANKYOU for being so brave in sharing. Each time we share, we are able to heal a little more, perhaps find the courage to seek the help we need. We all love you & hope you are able to find the support you need to get you back on your feet again. hugs Mandi xxx
Mandi from Tazzie

Number of posts : 1826
Registration date : 2010-04-03

http://www.mandifacepaintingsupplies.com.au

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top