Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

CRICUT cutting machine - TATTOO stencils?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

CRICUT cutting machine - TATTOO stencils?

Post by Spectrum on Mon Nov 15, 2010 5:32 pm

A while back I saw someone here mention they had a cricut cutting machine that they used to cut glitter tattoo stencils, etc.

They mentioned they bought a special material from some place that worked perfect for this use. If whoever wrote that posting could fill me in again, I sure would appreciate it. I'm not into scrapbooking or anything like that, but I would like it to make stencils, etc.

Thought it was worth a shot posting this, hopefully the poster, or the person who had the tattoo stencil idea will read it. Also, if you have a cricut....how do you like it? Is it a quality machine? What are the pros and cons? Thanks for reading this....appreciate it.
Spectrum

Number of posts : 320
Registration date : 2010-04-16

Back to top Go down

Re: CRICUT cutting machine - TATTOO stencils?

Post by CABBYJ on Mon Nov 15, 2010 5:55 pm

I love my cricut! I haven't used it for face painting yet since I haven't booked not one glitter job yet. I would love to know what vinyl they use. I'd hate to use the wrong vinyl and give some kid a permenant stencil affixed to themselves! Embarassed As far as quality it appears to be durable (I've only had it for 6 months) my kids use it and haven't had any problems with using it.
CABBYJ

Number of posts : 329
Registration date : 2009-07-29

http://www.evolutionz.weebly.com

Back to top Go down

Post by poizonedpeach on Tue Nov 16, 2010 12:23 pm

I was chatting with BATWilliamsMagic yesterday and she said she uses a cricut machine to make her stencils but I think she uses them for airbrushing not glitter tattoos...she seemed to think it would work the same way though
poizonedpeach

Number of posts : 234
Registration date : 2010-10-15

Back to top Go down

Post by MichelleLA on Tue Nov 16, 2010 3:55 pm

The thread you are looking for is in the "glitter tattoo" section which can be found towards the bottom of the forum home page..

Here is a link to the thread:
http://www.facepaintforum.com/general-discussion-f67/cricut-and-glitter-tattoos-t3113.htm
MichelleLA

Number of posts : 418
Registration date : 2010-05-16

Back to top Go down

Post by Spectrum on Tue Nov 16, 2010 4:12 pm

Thanks Michelle, I appreciate that - I knew it was around here somewhere
Spectrum

Number of posts : 320
Registration date : 2010-04-16

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top