Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

Hair do, Fair do's, glitter and bling.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Hair do, Fair do's, glitter and bling.

Post by JBM on Sun Nov 21, 2010 8:34 pm

I know there are a few older threads about this already but was wondering how many are currently including funky hair with their FP? I'm mainly thinking as an add on at ppf, like maybe pink or glitter spray to match the butterfly girls, or tiger stripes extending into hair. I've found cans for 4 bucks so if I charge $1 for hair as an add on that's a pretty good profit per can. In my area I'm finding $5 is what parents are willing to pay for FP so looking at ways to beef it out. Not really in to carrying extra stuff like wands etc. Maybe bling but not sure if that is time/cost effective at busy festivals as I've read it can fall off?
JBM

Number of posts : 629
Registration date : 2010-10-18

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Henna-by-Riana/149537191765171?ref

Back to top Go down

Re: Hair do, Fair do's, glitter and bling.

Post by AngieAnders on Sun Nov 21, 2010 10:41 pm

I tried adding glitter tats and colored hair at different festivals and it fell very flat. When I had a line, it slowed me way down and knocked me out of my "groove" when someone asked for hair or tats. Ended up making me lose money by not painting during that time. When I wasn't busy, they didn't sell at all. Razz

So far, all anyone wants is facepainting facepainting, facepainting. So I just do facepainting. LOL.
AngieAnders

Number of posts : 1849
Registration date : 2008-09-22

http://www.facesalive.com

Back to top Go down

Post by CABBYJ on Mon Nov 22, 2010 12:52 pm

I used to offer it but wasn't getting many bites. Also most of the spray cans are for well ventalted use. I made little hair extensions for my daughters "rocker" themed birthday party, and was thinking of adding it for some sort of theme package I'm working on.
CABBYJ

Number of posts : 329
Registration date : 2009-07-29

http://www.evolutionz.weebly.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Dawny on Tue Nov 23, 2010 2:07 pm

i do a version of funky hair as an add on and also as a "package" this is what i do and it is VERY popular... i throw in a feather boa, facepaint(like an eye mask or design) 2 spray colors streaks in the hair and glitter..." it is 25 bucks and i call it my "popstar" make over --- i do lots of them - but - i have a regular gig at our market here and the people that stop are stopping for the whole experience they are not in a hurry. Every make over takes about 10 mins when i am in a good groove. i also have a fairy make over and a cool dude make over they are all 25 bucks each and i do really well with them ... hope this helps cheers
Dawny

Number of posts : 64
Registration date : 2010-02-27

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue Nov 23, 2010 2:18 pm

What is in the cool dude make over? That sounds too adorable.

I have a fairy, princess, cheerleader, pirate, skull and monster package deal I do for $15.
The full face is $10 so the extra $5 is no biggie to parents.
I find that when I am not selling any of the packages, I will give one or two away and all of a sudden every parent wants a full package for their child. I guess people like to follow suit.
So, I would say the add ons are successful.

Back to top Go down

Post by Dawny on Tue Nov 23, 2010 2:27 pm

the cool dude consists of 4 colors in the hair, face design, and a temp tattoo.. it is pretty popular nice to have something just for the boys ....
light and peace Very Happy
Dawny

Number of posts : 64
Registration date : 2010-02-27

Back to top Go down

Post by IamGinaW on Tue Nov 23, 2010 2:35 pm

I would looooove to see pictures of those makeovers! Smile
IamGinaW

Number of posts : 1626
Registration date : 2010-09-15

http://facesbygina.com

Back to top Go down

Post by BarbieSmith on Tue Nov 23, 2010 5:24 pm

I would LOVE to see pics of these too! Please do share! Smile
Barbie
BarbieSmith

Number of posts : 505
Registration date : 2010-07-02

http://www.SweetScentsCandles.com

Back to top Go down

Post by pixieface on Wed Nov 24, 2010 2:45 pm

Ditto - I'd love to see pics! I love the idea of packages and helping really offer a full experience (and upselling doesn't hurt either) if the situation warrants it. Offering themed PPF events especially.
pixieface

Number of posts : 505
Registration date : 2010-10-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Psalmbook on Wed Nov 24, 2010 4:59 pm

FYI, in some areas, depending on where you live, you have to have a hair dressers licence to work w/ hair.
Psalmbook

Number of posts : 7642
Registration date : 2010-03-09

http://www.wix.com/psalmbook/Lindas-Face-Painting

Back to top Go down

Post by contrachapado on Wed Nov 24, 2010 9:37 pm

Yeah, that's the reason I decided to take it off my website. Don't really want to get in trouble for "styling" kids' hair.
contrachapado

Number of posts : 751
Registration date : 2009-01-05

Back to top Go down

Post by JBM on Thu Nov 25, 2010 7:36 pm

Still torn about whether to do it... the packages sound cool - I'd love to see pics. I think here in Oz it is ok to do hair at markets there are lots of people that do hair wraps etc and google didn't turn up any regs I could find. I've got 2 all day gigs this sat and sun I'm going to offer glitter hair for an extra $1 as sat is ppf. Figure if I only get 10 kids want it thats an extra 10 bucks for a quick squirt of spray. Dawny I love the sound of your make overs...I reckon feather boas would look gr8 draped over the corner of the stall. I'm thinking we're far enough away from each other that maybe I could borrow that idea?? Do you still do markets in winter over there? I lived in Canada for a year an a half with 5 months in Calgary and some time in Fernie and it was soo insanely cold!!!!
JBM

Number of posts : 629
Registration date : 2010-10-18

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Henna-by-Riana/149537191765171?ref

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top