Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

A happy 'Howdee Ho People' from Canada!

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: A happy 'Howdee Ho People' from Canada!

Post by Metzpah on Wed Dec 08, 2010 11:10 am

Man I thought I had it good on the slurpee front when I lived in Vancouver. I have near totally stopped my Slurpee habit since I was relocated.
As for fairy costumes, I love dress up and I endeavour to find any excuse to get into a costume and I make wings so that is the usual choice of outfit. Those pics are from my last visit to the Colorado Renaissance festival.
Metzpah

Number of posts : 1105
Registration date : 2008-09-26

http://www.flickr.com/photos/metzpah/sets/72157608680393072/

Back to top Go down

Post by Deleena Cannon on Wed Dec 08, 2010 4:04 pm

Hiya Kim!! I think you may know my mother...Colleen Garland. She just mentioned the other day that her Henna friend, Kim, had joined the land of face painting. Is this a coincident or are you the same Kim?

Nice to meet you and welcome to the forum!
Deleena Cannon

Number of posts : 122
Registration date : 2010-07-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Deleena Cannon on Wed Dec 08, 2010 4:11 pm

Criss! i have no idea what your avatar is but it's making me giggle.
Laughing
Deleena Cannon

Back to top Go down

Post by Deleena Cannon on Wed Dec 08, 2010 4:41 pm

I just went into your gallery and saw my mom's website was there as a link. "Mookie"! lol. I will be seeing her tonight and will let her know that you are on the same forum.
Deleena Cannon

Back to top Go down

Post by Mehndi Masala on Wed Dec 08, 2010 4:49 pm

[quote="Deleena Cannon"]Hiya Kim!! I think you may know my mother...Colleen Garland. She just mentioned the other day that her Henna friend, Kim, had joined the land of face painting. Is this a coincident or are you the same Kim?

Nice to meet you and welcome to the forum!
[/quote]

Hello Deleena! Yes, I know and love your wonderful mom (My Marvolous Maid of Mehndi Mookie)!!! Miss her much! (make sure you send her lots of I love you from me!)

And yup! I have gone over to the 'dark side'...um...or colorful side....odd side??? and discovered the joy of facepainting!! I have been having a great time learning (check out my gallery on here...I've only done about 6 faces altogether so far, but I have just now recruited the neighbors kid's faces so I can get my skillz on!! I'm trying not to let the FP take over my life right now, but the forum, learning, studying is very distracting...one of my publishers is looking for me to put out my next pattern book and I *WAS* ahead of the game...but then THIS happened!! LOL I've even got about 10 face ideas that I am dying to try!! After loving and rocking the henna for so long, it's time to spread my wings and dive into something new! And BOY is this addicting! AND this forum is just talent stuffed and the ideas are just thrilling. Having a hard time doing other things. My husband is running scared and feels the need to tell me almost daily that he will NOT let me paint him even before I ask. Ah well...thank god for friends with kids!!! Great to meet you and hope to chat with you more as I learn more!!

XXXOOO
Mehndi Masala

Number of posts : 1314
Registration date : 2010-12-04

http://www.winnipeghenna.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Deleena Cannon on Wed Dec 08, 2010 8:51 pm

Kim, I am not sure where to look at your face paint designs. When I go to your gallery it brings me straight to your henna page. Mom says hi!!
Deleena Cannon

Back to top Go down

Post by Mehndi Masala on Wed Dec 08, 2010 11:05 pm

Those are in my gallery here. I *just* recently put them on my facebook fanpage as well. But here is my Facepaintforum gallery My first masks!
Mehndi Masala

Back to top Go down

Post by CreateFaces on Mon Dec 13, 2010 9:11 am

Hello and welcome!
CreateFaces

Number of posts : 1012
Registration date : 2009-09-15

http://www.create-a-face.net

Back to top Go down

Post by MichelleLA on Fri Dec 24, 2010 12:36 pm

A belated welcome from Los Angeles! I'm thrilled that you have join the forum and look forward to the inspiration that no doubt you will contribute.

I'm in awe of your henna -- it is sooo beautiful!!! I'd love to learn to do henna one day, but as relative newbie at face painting, I probably should focus on one thing at a time... Maybe by the time the next henna conference happens in Ojai, I'll have the nerve to give it a try Smile
MichelleLA

Number of posts : 418
Registration date : 2010-05-16

Back to top Go down

Post by Mehndi Masala on Fri Dec 24, 2010 3:35 pm

Thanks Kittee! I'm actually going to be in Cali at the Henna conference in October teaching! Being that California is so huge, I have NO idea if that is near for far for you, but it's the same state so ya never know!!

This is this past year's link and I know that the planning is well under way for 2011, just not sure where the link is! Henna Caravan Conference

The learning curve is expidential...and I believe that of any learning conference,which is why I'm now hot to get to a face/body painting expo. I figure that has to be a huge hand up for skilz and I want them! LOL

Thanks for the warm howdee!
Mehndi Masala

Back to top Go down

Post by MichelleLA on Fri Dec 24, 2010 4:01 pm

Yes, it's the same conference I was looking at -- and wanted to go to, but the in-house accommodations were full by the time I found out about it, and as mentioned, I'm trying not to distract myself too much before I become a more proficient face painter.

Also, I feel that with henna, there is a greater responsibility to be really good at the art, since it lasts for much longer than face paint Smile

About conferences -- I totally agree. I've been to one so far and planning to go to two more in the next 3 months... Check out http://www.fpbaconvention.com/
So many talented instructions will be there!

I look forward to meeting you and hopefully taking a class with you in the future!

MichelleLA

Number of posts : 418
Registration date : 2010-05-16

Back to top Go down

Post by IamGinaW on Fri Dec 24, 2010 4:39 pm

Welcome!
IamGinaW

Number of posts : 1626
Registration date : 2010-09-15

http://facesbygina.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top