Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

What is the smallest piece of ......

View previous topic View next topic Go down

What is the smallest piece of ......

Post by Lauri Strandell on Fri Dec 10, 2010 12:25 am

paint that you will "salvage"?

I'm just curious after I found myself semi-ready to break out the magnifiy glass -hahahha! and the tweezers -hahaha - just jokin' girls and boys!!! Please describe the smallest piece ( i shoved abe lincoln into a cake tonight), the who, what, why, and ...... post pic's? if available. Metina ( I think is the boss?), if this post has already been done, please forgive me Smile - I read one of your posts that basically states - this is a huge site, all posts can't be read by everyone, all the time, and this post seems like super fun. Come on..... Abe Lincoln..... and I shoved him into a cake - I need to update my humor status - where is the very-dry entree with a side of extra sarcasm icon?? Whoa - and what would that look like?

Thanks so much for reading everypeoples! Lauri

Lauri Strandell

Number of posts : 645
Registration date : 2010-12-04

Back to top Go down

Re: What is the smallest piece of ......

Post by Psalmbook on Fri Dec 10, 2010 2:50 am

I take the scrapings/edges of my paints & add them to the tops of my new paints all the time(or use them for home made rainbow cakes). I have a whole mini wolfe pallet of these. Very Happy
No sliver is too small!!!
Psalmbook

Number of posts : 7642
Registration date : 2010-03-09

http://www.wix.com/psalmbook/Lindas-Face-Painting

Back to top Go down

Post by AngieAnders on Fri Dec 10, 2010 9:52 am

I am not above watering down the insides of empty cake containers and pouring the paint-tinted water into the replacement cake in order to get those last dregs of pigment... Shocked
AngieAnders

Number of posts : 1849
Registration date : 2008-09-22

http://www.facesalive.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Lauri Strandell on Fri Dec 10, 2010 11:22 am

Ya, I spritzed the the side walls of my blue last night. And "washed" off a piece of white from a cake, then gently dabbed it upon a paper towel Smile

Lauri Strandell

Number of posts : 645
Registration date : 2010-12-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri Dec 10, 2010 11:09 pm

Salvage?

I reload the palette when the cake in use is almost gone, if a partial cake I smoosh it into another of the same colour. Sometimes I'll combines two similar colours to make room for a new colour... and you can run with Wolfe red on empty for a couple of gigs! Rolling Eyes

Back to top Go down

Post by Psalmbook on Sat Dec 11, 2010 8:45 am

LOL! Shannon... I'm doing exactly that with my Wolfe Red. It's this little tiny lump tht's getting smaller & smaller Very Happy
Psalmbook

Number of posts : 7642
Registration date : 2010-03-09

http://www.wix.com/psalmbook/Lindas-Face-Painting

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top