Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

What is the smallest piece of ......

Go down

What is the smallest piece of ......

Post by Lauri Strandell on Fri Dec 10, 2010 12:25 am

paint that you will "salvage"?

I'm just curious after I found myself semi-ready to break out the magnifiy glass -hahahha! and the tweezers -hahaha - just jokin' girls and boys!!! Please describe the smallest piece ( i shoved abe lincoln into a cake tonight), the who, what, why, and ...... post pic's? if available. Metina ( I think is the boss?), if this post has already been done, please forgive me Smile - I read one of your posts that basically states - this is a huge site, all posts can't be read by everyone, all the time, and this post seems like super fun. Come on..... Abe Lincoln..... and I shoved him into a cake - I need to update my humor status - where is the very-dry entree with a side of extra sarcasm icon?? Whoa - and what would that look like?

Thanks so much for reading everypeoples! Lauri

Lauri Strandell

Number of posts : 645
Registration date : 2010-12-04

Back to top Go down

Re: What is the smallest piece of ......

Post by Psalmbook on Fri Dec 10, 2010 2:50 am

I take the scrapings/edges of my paints & add them to the tops of my new paints all the time(or use them for home made rainbow cakes). I have a whole mini wolfe pallet of these. Very Happy
No sliver is too small!!!
Psalmbook

Number of posts : 7642
Registration date : 2010-03-09

http://www.wix.com/psalmbook/Lindas-Face-Painting

Back to top Go down

Post by AngieAnders on Fri Dec 10, 2010 9:52 am

I am not above watering down the insides of empty cake containers and pouring the paint-tinted water into the replacement cake in order to get those last dregs of pigment... Shocked
AngieAnders

Number of posts : 1849
Registration date : 2008-09-22

http://www.facesalive.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Lauri Strandell on Fri Dec 10, 2010 11:22 am

Ya, I spritzed the the side walls of my blue last night. And "washed" off a piece of white from a cake, then gently dabbed it upon a paper towel Smile

Lauri Strandell

Number of posts : 645
Registration date : 2010-12-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri Dec 10, 2010 11:09 pm

Salvage?

I reload the palette when the cake in use is almost gone, if a partial cake I smoosh it into another of the same colour. Sometimes I'll combines two similar colours to make room for a new colour... and you can run with Wolfe red on empty for a couple of gigs! Rolling Eyes

Back to top Go down

Post by Psalmbook on Sat Dec 11, 2010 8:45 am

LOL! Shannon... I'm doing exactly that with my Wolfe Red. It's this little tiny lump tht's getting smaller & smaller Very Happy
Psalmbook

Number of posts : 7642
Registration date : 2010-03-09

http://www.wix.com/psalmbook/Lindas-Face-Painting

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down