Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

My first belly!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

My first belly!

Post by JustforGigglesofMichigan on Mon Jan 24, 2011 7:53 am

Ok so here they are... It was spur of the moment after a party.. my gift for my cousins baby shower on hubbys side. She was already having contractions, so we figured we better not wait. The little girls all wanted to be matching too! I read all of the tips for putting mom in a recliner, but one was not available. We put her in a big chair.. then I sat in a folding chair in front of her so that she could prop her legs up around me..OUCH! NOT a good idea for your back! I really liked how it turned out, but I really need to do better lettering. I tried twice and I still hate it. I used Ben Nye for the magenta, and snaz for the rest. The girls are all done in Ben Nye.. but I cannot think of the name for the pink off hand.

There was a lot more I wanted to do with it, but the roads were really getting bad, and Im a chicken on them at night. I would have loved to added some shading and more flower detail. Definitely have to practice writing.. Anyone know of any good tricks or thoughts? I think my DFX will help a lot when it gets here?

JustforGigglesofMichigan

Number of posts : 24
Registration date : 2011-01-23

Back to top Go down

Re: My first belly!

Post by Mehndi Masala on Mon Jan 24, 2011 8:59 am

Great job! I hopefully have a couple of practice bellies lined up as I have not done these yet! I can hope mine turns out as nice
Mehndi Masala

Number of posts : 1314
Registration date : 2010-12-04

http://www.winnipeghenna.com

Back to top Go down

Post by wmeventservices on Mon Jan 24, 2011 10:52 am

It's adorable! Congratulations on your first.
wmeventservices

Number of posts : 2132
Registration date : 2009-09-03

http://www.Art-Z-Faces.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sunrise on Mon Jan 24, 2011 12:29 pm

How sweet! I love the floral designs and I can't wait to do a mom that has some older kids I can paint at the same time.

As a lettering tip - I spent some time as a calligrapher at a gift shop, personalizing ornaments, and it required passing a test at copying the specific style of lettering they used - just basically gave me a sheet of paper with their alphabet and I copied it over and over until I could do it from memory. I was surprised at how differently some of the letters were formed than the way I would have automatically done them, and realized yeah, they DID look better their way! Razz

So basically, if you can find a font you like - nothing super fancy, just something basic in a handwritten/freehand scripts style - print it out and practice writing it over and over just with a pen, until you can consistently write it out from memory. Once you have cemented the strokes in your head it will be much easier to do them with a brush while painting. It sounds too simple, but you will be surprised at how your lettering improves just by consistency.
Sunrise

Number of posts : 241
Registration date : 2010-04-26

http://www.inyourfacepainting.com

Back to top Go down

Post by JustforGigglesofMichigan on Mon Jan 24, 2011 12:43 pm

Thanks for all the nice comments and Sunrise I love your tip! I have had to improvise before at festivals because a few guys wanted mock tats of kids or gf's names... I hated them too lol. I went completely blank when I tried off the top of my head for a font while I was there, so did my normal ew handwriting...no go! lol. I'm anxious to try your way though! Thanks again!!

JustforGigglesofMichigan

Number of posts : 24
Registration date : 2011-01-23

Back to top Go down

Post by eviedejesus on Thu Oct 25, 2012 1:40 am

great advice Sunrise - I have my first belly next week, still trying to decide on a design and whether it will have lettering.
eviedejesus

Number of posts : 662
Registration date : 2012-06-08

http://www.fantasyfacedesign.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top