Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

This vs. That - Comparing Brands side by side (Picture Heavy)

Page 5 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: This vs. That - Comparing Brands side by side (Picture Heavy)

Post by Winger1200 on Thu Aug 11, 2011 3:56 am

Thankyou, glad to share the review because I really like to read all the other reviews before I buy <3
I did the glitter design freehand and used the Tulip glue like I do my professional glue, a very light coat except for the first two lines on the left which were the only ones that remained looking like this photo after a shower & one day. So if you need to buy the Tulip glitter, really lay on a thick layer of glue.
The sparkling lasts 3-7 days, two weeks on my dry skin Smile
Winger1200

Number of posts : 670
Registration date : 2008-11-15

http://www.SusanLeeBillings,com

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaci Anne on Mon Aug 15, 2011 3:16 pm

epic. thread. cyclops
Kaci Anne

Number of posts : 84
Registration date : 2011-04-22

http://www.MysticalRainbowCreations.com

Back to top Go down

Post by LauraR on Fri Aug 26, 2011 4:06 pm

Here are the pictures i made for myself. I might as well share it with you guys. Note that Superstar is from the same manufacturer as the Fab paints.

And also the PartyXPlosion is said to be the same as DFX (which i doubt but okay). K means Kryolan

P.s.: don't look at the mess behind! I'm restyling furniture ;-)

(Mehron powder)

LauraR

Number of posts : 29
Registration date : 2011-06-18

http://www.facebook.com/metamorfaces

Back to top Go down

Post by Taradoodles on Fri Aug 26, 2011 5:16 pm

Oh, here are the swatches of some one strokes I got. not sure which are new are which arent so I did the ones I got last. I had these done a few days ago, just forgot to post!!

there is summer punch, amethyst, rose and unicorn I believe! Also, the big one is the awesome halloween cake. I had to doodle with black on top. sorry
Taradoodles

Number of posts : 812
Registration date : 2011-04-03

http://www.taradoodles.com

Back to top Go down

Post by silvercord on Sat Aug 27, 2011 4:12 am

need a good look at Kryolan colors...anyone got more photos they could post? like the Inferenze Opal perhaps..? and some of the other colors? Much appreciated!
silvercord

Number of posts : 23
Registration date : 2011-08-17

http://silvercordcreations.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Post by CottonKandyClown on Sat Aug 27, 2011 7:32 am

There are more pics in this thread of the Kryolan. I'm real interested in this brand. I was about to place an order and the two colors I had my heart sold on, sold out a few days ago at sillyfarm Sad
CottonKandyClown

Number of posts : 1109
Registration date : 2010-06-25

Back to top Go down

Post by silvercord on Sat Aug 27, 2011 6:18 pm

which colors where they?
silvercord

Back to top Go down

Post by CottonKandyClown on Sat Aug 27, 2011 6:35 pm

I was going to buy that pinkish purple wine color and the neon pink. I'm hoping they restock soon. I'm leaving for Disney World in less then a week and don't have another gig until the last weekend in September. I might just buy the palettes they come in so I can try out the other colors, too! Laughing
CottonKandyClown

Back to top Go down

Post by silvercord on Sat Aug 27, 2011 6:53 pm

I really need info on the Interferenze Opal.....does anyone have any swatches? or comments on that????

KottonCandyKlown: I've just ordered a schwack of Kryolan, should have it in a week or two. I'll do swatches of my own and post I guess. I had to buy SOMETHING right away...so I just did it. Didnt bother with those peasly little aquacolor palletes. I went for the 2.5oz build your own from sillyfarm. When I priced it out...it was pretty fair. got the little extra colors in .14oz to try out like the verti gold, lime green, uv violet etc. ...I look at them as sample sizes. hoping they look amazing!

I'm sorry but as far as it goes for ALL brands that sell .14 oz sizes or close to it.....YOU SUCK! they DONT go a long way....and the colors fall out of the container! ...ok thats my rant for the day . LOL
silvercord

Back to top Go down

Post by kyariel67 on Mon Sep 05, 2011 11:38 pm

Who is the best to buy face paint products from? I am leaning heavily towards the DFX paints and sponges, etc.
kyariel67

Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2011-09-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaci Anne on Tue Sep 06, 2011 8:49 am

Silvercord your effects pix are amaaaaayzing! Is the profile u, because i would swear its the check from Stigmata. Great work.
Kaci Anne

Back to top Go down

Post by anniel on Tue Sep 06, 2011 11:36 am

You guys ROCK! I love the way you've put up comparison after comparison for us all, and wanted to say thank you! clown
anniel

Number of posts : 2313
Registration date : 2010-12-27

http://entertainment-etc.com

Back to top Go down

Post by shandi on Thu Sep 15, 2011 9:11 am

i'm looking for a good blue, the Paradise blue isn't doing it for me a nice bright dark blue, the powder blue I have is okay but kids want a dark blue and it fades to a greyish blue after it's been on for a bit..any suggestions.
I also want a new white the Paradise white tends to grey or absorb the color under it.
shandi

Number of posts : 317
Registration date : 2010-03-23

http://facepaintingbyshandi.webs.com/index.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by pinkundies on Fri Sep 16, 2011 11:51 pm

I have Kryolan neon pink. I have found that it has like no coverqge at all. Very disappointing. I do have Kryolan Interference Pearl, green and purple and love them.
pinkundies

Number of posts : 405
Registration date : 2011-07-21

http://www.sweetcheeksfaces.com

Back to top Go down

Post by CottonKandyClown on Sat Sep 17, 2011 8:07 am

Thank you pinkundies! I placed an order with SF this week and they just happen to stock Wolfe neon pink so I snatched one Smile I just got it so I haven't had time to use it.

Of course, they sold out of Wolfe white the day before I went to place my order! Ugg! I've seen some FABAtv people use Paradise white, but I knew most people on here hate it. Very confusing! scratch It's probably a promotional thing Wink

I'm always looking for a good blue. I also have issues with blues turning grayish. TAG has a blue that turns a grayish periwinkle. The kids call it purple. Suspect
CottonKandyClown

Back to top Go down

Post by fluttersby on Sat Sep 17, 2011 2:50 pm

I've seen the people on FABA TV also using Paradise white, but they are using it as a base and blending, but using Wolfe for thier linework. I love, love, love FABA TV, by the way!!! My next white will be Wolfe. I have DFX, TAG and Paradise, but I really want to try Wolfe, because no matter what some say about DFX and TAG being the same, most people say that Wolfe is so much better.
fluttersby

Number of posts : 361
Registration date : 2010-08-09

Back to top Go down

Post by eva on Sat Sep 17, 2011 6:33 pm

I wanted to try also, so I went to PARTY CITY and got the mini wolf sampleer for 7 to try the colors and white mostly. It reallly is all they say it is. It will be on my next order list, when it ever gets back in stock that is
eva

Number of posts : 1108
Registration date : 2008-12-13

http://www.cincinnatifacepainters.com

Back to top Go down

Post by fluttersby on Sun Sep 18, 2011 10:53 am

That's good to know, Eva. Thanks for putting my curious mind to rest!! haha!!
fluttersby

Number of posts : 361

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaci Anne on Wed Sep 21, 2011 3:35 pm

Wolfe white was the first one I bought, works just fine but I had nothing to compare it to. Recently bought a tag pearl white, and find it to be quite sheer, I don't like it for line work AT ALL!!! BUT it makes a great background or base, and I've heard others talk about mixing it with other colors to make them shimmery or not so harsh. I had Wolfe Black and while it covers great, I found it got very chunky in extremely hot humid outside fair days here in MI, maybe it's the way I load my brush wherever it lands and it creates little 'roads' everywhere?? I've been noticing lately lots of people have little 'wells' where it looks like they must always stick their brush in the same little spot to load. Any pro tips on this would be great....anyway, I also found Wolfe black tended to be hard to wash off and so I tried Paradise Black, so far I'm quite happy with that (Smile). I JUST got my first DFX paint today, white, so I'm excited to give that a go and see how I like it for linework etc, seems to be the go to for many. As far as colors, I've bought a few TAG pearls recently, purple, teal, red, and I REALLY am liking TAG. It seems to go on really smooth and vibrant, prices seem a little better, and best of all, it looks like they are coming out with new 50g RECTANGLE containers now, which eventually it would be great to have a kit full of RECTANGLE containers that fit together neatly and nicely, are easy to swipe a sponge or brush across. Kinda makes you wonder why round is the go to shape for cakes all this time? Thanks everyone for all the great pics and advice.
Kaci Anne

Back to top Go down

Post by artyfacesbyluz on Wed Sep 21, 2011 3:50 pm

Diamond FX, dark blue is a nice blue and It doesn't go grayish, but..stein specially on light skins.
artyfacesbyluz

Number of posts : 953
Registration date : 2011-02-22

http://www.artyfacesbyluz.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Noella on Wed Sep 21, 2011 5:10 pm

Kaci Anne wrote: I've been noticing lately lots of people have little 'wells' where it looks like they must always stick their brush in the same little spot to load. Any pro tips on this would be great....

http://www.facepaintforum.com/t1516-metina-s-dippy-pot

This thread changed my face painting kit.... totally made dots "right"....
Noella

Number of posts : 532

Back to top Go down

Post by CottonKandyClown on Wed Sep 21, 2011 6:26 pm

When my Wolfe black dippy pot(well) gets too big, I can squish it with my fingers to make it a smaller hole again Smile

Last edited by CottonKandyClown on Sun Sep 25, 2011 8:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
CottonKandyClown

Back to top Go down

Post by Jazz on Sun Sep 25, 2011 8:01 pm

If it is here i'm sorry but cant find it, i'm wondering how TAG pearl teal looks on the skin, looking at photos of it in the pot it looks very similar to TAG light blue i dont want to invest in something that i almost have anyway...
Has anyone got a sample i can look at?
Jazz

Number of posts : 158
Registration date : 2011-06-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessica Musick on Tue Sep 27, 2011 4:13 am

AngieAnders wrote:

Here's mine. I actually like the Kryolan best in this picture and on my arm, but I hate the application and smell of it. (Sorry I did it backwards compared to the other two.) DFX is next for vibrancy and then Wolfe.

Where did you order your DFX neon rainbow one? I noticed it isn't in the forum shop here.
Jessica Musick

Number of posts : 64
Registration date : 2011-03-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessica Musick on Tue Sep 27, 2011 5:01 am

tamarielpaints wrote:Tara-
Most of us started out with a 'party pallete' or some type of basic kit. What happens? Well...here's what happened to me. For a few years I used 2 small snaz palletes and 'details' from Paradise. But then...
1) I was at a summer carnival last year and 9 kids asked for a rainbow on their face. (It was the first time I had more than one rainbow in a festival). I had a line full of kids and I was painting soo slowly with individual colors. So I went online to Sillyfarm and saw arty cakes for the first time. Went 'this is brilliant!' and purchased a small arty cake rainbow. It arrived and I made my current avatar.
2) Watched some youtube videos and thought...hmm...glitter... I like glitter...went back to sillyfarm and order their 3 for $13 in random colors. The glitter arrived and I went..."OMG this adds SOOOO much to the design!" (At this point hubby had to refrain me from purchasing more glitter ).
3) But I was relentless! I was running out of SNAZ black and I was exasperated with Snaz white. All these youtube videos had crisp white lines and mine looked like something that my toddler was doing. I was also out of snaz green, pink, and brown. Told hubby that before an upcoming party something MUST be done, otherwise there would be many ticked children when I told them that I had no pink.
4) Researched as many brands as I could. Youtube. Blogs. Etc. Came onto face paint forum and read the forum. Decided on diamond fx. Didn't realize that the forum had a store (sorry Metina!) and realized sillyfarm didn't have DFX. Went online to WOWFACTOR and purchased a laptop filled with DFX metallics. Also purchased some white, red, black, (basic colors).
5) Paint arrived. Began painting cousins, siblings, anyone who'd hold still. LOVED the diamond fx. Discovered that my old snaz designs were 2,000 times nicer in metallic diamond fx with extra glitter (for good measure).
6) Saw how on the forum people did one stroke/used splits. Since 8th grade I've been painting with one stroke (and a number of other technicues). Tried to make splits using old/unused Snaz.
7) Got exasperated.
Cool Purchased arty cakes.
9) Discovered that Paradise paint smell is a little too much for me. Also didn't love the square container for anything other than loading a simple one swipe rainbow.
10) Purchased tag splits from Metina.
11) Fell in love with splits.

There's more to this story, because I now have tons of large splits, glitters, and I finally figured out how to make dots without details.
Hope you enjoy the saga cheers Razz

Maybe this is a silly question but what did you mean by you finally figured out how to make dots without details?
Jessica Musick

Number of posts : 64
Registration date : 2011-03-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top