Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

FatMax Questions?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

FatMax Questions?

Post by SillyIzzy on Tue Feb 22, 2011 4:11 pm

I've been over and through and under and sideways through just about every fatmax thread on this website, but I've still got a few questions.

1. Where do you stand when using the FatMax?
2. Where did you get yours from?
3. Which should be purchased first, a FatMax, or a director's chair?
4. Personally, how did/do you like the FatMax?
5. Was it worth the money?

Thanks all! Very Happy
SillyIzzy

Number of posts : 368
Registration date : 2009-07-20

http://www.funkyfacespainting.weebly.com

Back to top Go down

Re: FatMax Questions?

Post by Perry Noia on Tue Feb 22, 2011 4:21 pm

I don't usually work straight out of it, I prefer to use a table. Mainly because mine is not just for face painting, but all of my clown stuff.. the top section is filled with parachute stuff, face paint stuff is mixed in with balloon stuff... it's just for transportation for me (if I can help it). The rare occasion where I have worked off of it because there was nowhere else to work from, I prefer to be sitting in front of it, with it on my right side.

Canadian Tire

Depends on your needs... I needed a good way to transport my stuff. I don't use the director chair for parties, only for festivals and public events. For my needs, the FatMax came first.

It is perfect for me. As a clown, I have a LOT of stuff to bring with me to a party and I can fit everything in the one container. It has wheels, it fits in my trunk, and it is durable enough that I can't seem to destroy it (I'm hard on my stuff... I broke two rolling tool boxes before getting this one).

definitely.
Perry Noia

Number of posts : 3523
Registration date : 2008-12-12

http://www.perrynoia.ca

Back to top Go down

Post by barbb919 on Tue Feb 22, 2011 5:10 pm

Izzy if you have a Menards in your area you can get the kind that I have..Suzy sparkles has one like mine to..for around 50.00...
fax max you should be able to get at home depot..they are around 69.00
look in suzys gallery I thinkg she has one..
barbb919

Number of posts : 2109
Registration date : 2010-03-23

http://tappysfacepainting.weebly.com

Back to top Go down

Post by barbb919 on Tue Feb 22, 2011 5:15 pm

izzy if you go to the face painting kit off the home page
then look in is this the fat max everyone uses..my case from menards is on page 4..I would look thur this whole 6 pages..I think changing faces has the wasy she works out of hers..you could ask her to send you a picture of her painting by hers it may be in her gallery?
barbb919

Number of posts : 2109
Registration date : 2010-03-23

http://tappysfacepainting.weebly.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Fabtastic on Tue Feb 22, 2011 5:22 pm

I use my FM only, with no table and untill now, I have been using it while seated. However, I just went and bought some tall bar-height folding chairs at Ikea (not director's chairs) so that I can try out using it while standing. I have the FM to my right (I am right-handed) with the tabletop section directly beside me, and the open part back of that, so I have to turn slightly to my right to get at it. My husband built me a light-weight table top that fits on the top part, you can see pics in my gallery.

Also Canadian Tire. It was on sale for $86 (reg price $112 I think). You should be able to get it much cheaper in the U.S.

That is up to the individual I believe. I chose to buy the FM first, because I wanted a self-contained unit - I was tired of dragging a card table along all the time. Also, I can set up and take down in a couple of minutes which is wonderful! I still don't have a director's chair - as mentioned above I recently bought a tall folding chair at Ikea ($30) so I can work standing. My goal is to eventually get a directors chair because it is sturdier, but alas they are pricey.

I love the FM for festival work and other events like that where I need more stuff and want to remain self-contained. I love that everything has a place, and is such a quick setup and take-down. Also I love that I can bungee-cord my chair and signage to the front of it. But there are some drawbacks to it - for one, it is quite heavy. And, I don't think that it is suitable for every occasion. For example, for birthday parties in a house, I have a small cooler bag with wheels that, together with the tote bag from Metina's store, holds all of my working kit. Much easier to carry into someone's house, and I specify that I need a table and two chairs to work at for parties.

Absolutely. Although, I don't know if I would say that if I had paid full price.

Hope this helps some!! Very Happy
Fabtastic

Number of posts : 639
Registration date : 2010-07-10

http://www.fabtastic.ca

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam I Am on Tue Feb 22, 2011 6:26 pm

I stand on the right side with my directors chair in front of me, if im sitting I use it in the same way.

Bunnings, $150 but that's no good to you cos' im in Australia, lol.

Fat Max all the way, you can work out of it sitting. Plus Ikea has a really nice tall bar stool that folds for $30 and loads of the FP around me have got them.

I love my Bessie, having everything in one place is fantastic, it is a little heavy but I have dragged it on the train, up steep slopes and just about anywhere that I need to go.

YES
Sam I Am

Number of posts : 259
Registration date : 2010-10-02

http://www.butterflysanddragons.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Perry Noia on Tue Feb 22, 2011 6:53 pm

oh btw, I discovered the other day... it also makes an interesting snow plow LOL
Perry Noia

Number of posts : 3523
Registration date : 2008-12-12

http://www.perrynoia.ca

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam I Am on Tue Feb 22, 2011 9:49 pm

I need to give her a clean out tomorrow, so I'll take some pics of what I fit in there and how I (dis)organise it.
Sam I Am

Number of posts : 259
Registration date : 2010-10-02

http://www.butterflysanddragons.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Psalmbook on Tue Feb 22, 2011 10:59 pm

SillyIzzy wrote:I've been over and through and under and sideways through just about every fatmax thread on this website, but I've still got a few questions.

Thanks all! Very Happy

1. I put my directors chair next to it & stand along it's side. My daughter can sit on the opposite side with 2 stools(one for her & one for the child).
2. Home Depot(it's in the tool section)
3. That's up to you. My daughter likes to sit & it works for her. I like to stand with my directors chair.
4. I love my fatmax & think it was one of my best purchases. I hated having a kit I carried & kept growing out of(I am a tackle tart).
5. To me, it was worth the money. It holds everything but my chair, so it's easy for me to get into a job & out of a job.
Izzy, do you have enough supplies to put in a fatmax?
Psalmbook

Number of posts : 7642
Registration date : 2010-03-09

http://www.wix.com/psalmbook/Lindas-Face-Painting

Back to top Go down

Post by contrachapado on Tue Feb 22, 2011 11:00 pm

I've just started either standing or sitting beside mine while I paint, depending on how tall the child is. I work straight out of mine, and I like it much more than setting up on a table.

I got mine from Menards.

I purchased a director's chair first, but I don't even use it anymore. I like hauling as little as possible.

I LOVE it! Durable, portable, keeps me organized, and looks professional.

Yes, I paid about $80, and it was worth it.

contrachapado

Number of posts : 751
Registration date : 2009-01-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top