Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

Restaraunt kids night

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Restaraunt kids night

Post by Carrie on Sun Mar 06, 2011 9:13 am

I am planning on going to a few restaraunts that offer a kids night. My question is....Do I go with the intention of the venue paying me to paint, or more of will you allow me to set up and charge per child. AND do you charge per child or just accept tips? I have been to restaurants in bigger cities where they have a balloon twister and he would come to your table, make a balloon and then you would give him a tip.
Suggestions please and thank you!
Carrie

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2011-03-03

Back to top Go down

Re: Restaraunt kids night

Post by Psalmbook on Sun Mar 06, 2011 10:29 am

Hi Carrie & welcome to the forum.
I usually go into restaurants with my card after a gig & get food. I'm painted, so they get to see my work. I then send them a post card & also email. It usually takes several encounters with you for them to remember you. It's a long road & a lot of leg work, but after a year of this I have a few restaurants that are starting to use me. I have the restaurants pay me, but it's less than my normal rate. I'm willing to take the cut since restaurant work always leads to great future clients. I only work restaurants at discounted rates on weekdays. I don't need to discount anyone on a weekend since my weekends are always full. So, if a restaurant wants me on a weekend, they pay full price. I also negotiate in dinner for free since I'm usually working during dinner time. I try to get them to let me pursue tips, but some chains have a no tip policy. I do not work for free or tips(they can afford to pay you & if you offer yourself for free they will take advantage of that & it devalues you & the industry). I also do not do PPF in restaurants. Most people will not pay & you'll be wasting your time. PPF works best in large venue events where the odds will keep a steady stream of people in your chair.
Psalmbook

Number of posts : 7642
Registration date : 2010-03-09

http://www.wix.com/psalmbook/Lindas-Face-Painting

Back to top Go down

Post by Perry Noia on Sun Mar 06, 2011 11:04 am

Getting at restaurants is really hard and you'll most likely not get your full rate... However, it is usually on weekdays when they are slower and you aren't turning down parties, it's regular work, great visibility, and be sure to have a coloring page or activity page for the kids to take home with your info on it. I've only filled in at restaurants for other people with balloons at this point, but it is a very different animal from our usual stuff in that environment. I dong think ppf would be a good idea... I'd go for a lower rate + gift cards or food + take tips (you'll get them whether you ask or not)

Good luck getting in somewhere with it and have fun!
Perry Noia

Number of posts : 3523
Registration date : 2008-12-12

http://www.perrynoia.ca

Back to top Go down

Post by Lauri Strandell on Sun Mar 06, 2011 3:59 pm

I own a restaurant and would NEVER EVER EVER let anyone come in and charge....PPF is OUT at a restaurant!!!!!!!

Lauri Strandell

Number of posts : 645
Registration date : 2010-12-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top