Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

Mouths -> food & drink !!!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Mouths -> food & drink !!!

Post by staysilly on Mon Mar 14, 2011 3:27 am

Another silly question, but what exactly do you guys do when your kids want full faces and there is food and drink in the vacinity???? No

I am going from my snaz stuff slowly slowly to Tag, but to be honest, they also mush quite easily.

Its also normally very hot over here, so sweating is a definite problem too.

Anyway, you are absolutely amazing and the things I have learned from you guys are endless! Thank you all!!!!!
staysilly

Number of posts : 222
Registration date : 2010-11-10

Back to top Go down

Re: Mouths -> food & drink !!!

Post by Jody Rife on Mon Mar 14, 2011 4:20 am

This just happened to me at a b-day party. A boy sits down and asks for a snake design that covers the mouth. I warned him that if he had not had his cake yet ,not to get it because it would wear off his lips. Guess who came back at the end of the party wanting touched up! All you can do is let them know that it is not permanent and it will come off the mouth if they eat or drink. And then after they leave your chair, its up to them to keep it nice.

Also if the child is planning on munching you can always suggest a different style design , instead of doing a full face, do a nice mask.
Jody Rife

Number of posts : 1725
Registration date : 2011-02-19

http://www.jodyrife.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Tash on Mon Mar 14, 2011 6:24 am

I just tell them it will all come off when they eat or drink and to try and use a straw.... I offer an alternative - if they don't take it well hey they were warned!
That said I don't offer any designs around the mouth...... unless you count bunny teeth..... and I still give the girls lippy with glitter even though I know it will be gone in five mins.
Tash

Number of posts : 1883
Registration date : 2010-01-04

http://faceartbytash.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Perry Noia on Mon Mar 14, 2011 8:26 am

I do both a shark, and a snake that go over their mouths, what can you do? Suggest it on their hand (so the mouth opens with their thumb) or on another part of their face... it might be the animal itself that they like most and may not realize that it will still look nice elsewhere? If they still want it, oh well. With face painting, I generally have barely enough time for all the kids, then I'm either leaving or moving on to balloons and that's it. If it's PPF, NOT MY PROBLEM ... LOL
Perry Noia

Number of posts : 3523
Registration date : 2008-12-12

http://www.perrynoia.ca

Back to top Go down

Post by staysilly on Mon Mar 14, 2011 8:37 am

Thanks guys, basically what I've been doing has been right! Thought there might be some huge secret that no one was telling me! Suspect but you all get mushy mouths! good to know cheers
staysilly

Number of posts : 222
Registration date : 2010-11-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Psalmbook on Mon Mar 14, 2011 8:53 am

I'm a mama at heart. If a child is a little gummy looking I just wash the food & drink off with a baby wipe 1st. Mom's usually comment that it's the cleanest they've been all day Very Happy
I let the kids know that food & drink will wash it off. There's not much that can be done. Most my designs don't go below the lips. Just monsters, zombies & pirates & they get uglier as the kids muck it up

Razz
Psalmbook

Number of posts : 7642
Registration date : 2010-03-09

http://www.wix.com/psalmbook/Lindas-Face-Painting

Back to top Go down

Post by Jody Rife on Mon Mar 14, 2011 9:10 am

I actually am pulling that particular snake off my board. I'm not fond of painting over the mouth like that and try to avoid it anyway. Just not my cup O Tea I have found. Of course, you gotta love a good Tiger face though! But usually I do them from the bottom of the cheek bones up with little fangs hanging from their mouth only.
Jody Rife

Number of posts : 1725
Registration date : 2011-02-19

http://www.jodyrife.com

Back to top Go down

Post by BluAngL83 on Mon Mar 14, 2011 2:24 pm

1) if the kid is grimey, i ask them to clean themselves off first or ask their parent to do it (then i paint the next kid till the other one comes back)

2) if the kid insists then i do it. I will not waste valuable time arguing with a child. I tell them if it comes off (during the paint job or when they come back)and want a touch up they have to wait till EVERYONE else has had a turn and IF i have time they will get it touched up
BluAngL83

Number of posts : 851
Registration date : 2009-06-22

http://www.heavenlyfacedesigns.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Tilly - Formerly Punky on Mon Mar 14, 2011 2:32 pm

pretty much the same thing as everyone else... I warn them and if they mess it up, well, after they leavy my chair, that's THEIR problem. This past weekend I had a girl ask for a design on her hand even though I suggested her arm... and what does she do 5 minutes after leaving my chair?? but she goes to the duck game and sticks her hand COMPLETELY in the water and destroys her painting.

-insert facepalm here-

Needless to say, she wasn't happy that I wouldn't fix it for her after having warned her about water when she washes her hands etc. Especially since I was working on a volunteer basis for my school and I had a big line.
Tilly - Formerly Punky

Number of posts : 1186
Registration date : 2010-04-03

Back to top Go down

Post by jacana on Sun Mar 27, 2011 2:20 pm

I hear you all. I worked at a per hour gig, with a huge line, that also included swimming, I hated the kids coming back saying it washed off and expecting me to do it over. Then there was an event in the park and it started pouring rain. A woman came dashing into my tent and wanted to be painted, as I looked at the sheets of rain I thought she must be crazy, but she paid me the $5 anyway. I really wonder how long that painting lasted.
jacana

Number of posts : 59
Registration date : 2011-01-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top