Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

Glitter Liner

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Glitter Liner

Post by lacysummer on Fri Apr 15, 2011 11:59 pm

lacysummer

Number of posts : 57
Registration date : 2010-10-02

Back to top Go down

Re: Glitter Liner

Post by Tilly - Formerly Punky on Sat Apr 16, 2011 1:31 am

I have used a very similar product from claire's and it's very uncomfortable to wear. because of the glitter, it dries really hard and stiff and my eyes itched and watered the whole time I had it on... and I usually have no problem with stuff like that.

But, besides all that, I wouldn't use it in my FP kit anyway, because eye products should not be shared. period. Your eyelashes actually are filled with bacteria and dirt... that's what they're there for, to keep that stuff from going into your eyes themselves. Everytime you use mascara or liquid eye liner alon the eyes you pick up some of those bacteria and put them right back into the bottle when you're done. After a few uses, the make up itself is just teeming with germs that you just keep applying to your eye area. This is why you should never share your personal eye products with others or use one eye product on multiple people.
Tilly - Formerly Punky

Number of posts : 1186
Registration date : 2010-04-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat Apr 16, 2011 1:35 am

I bought some liner at Shoppers Drug Mart - my fave lime green and have worn it. It is okay, not as sparkly as I had thought. I used it more like bling though. And only on myself. Can't use applicators that return to the container due to contamination.

Back to top Go down

Post by Geekophile on Sat Apr 16, 2011 1:36 pm

You can use an eyeliner sealer and add your own cosmetic glitter or mica powder to it.
Geekophile

Number of posts : 1020
Registration date : 2010-09-06

http://sophiessmileyfaces.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by JBM on Mon Apr 25, 2011 3:05 am

Wow I like it. You can buy disposable brush thingies for mascara and for eyeliner you can dip a bit out on to a paint lid and use a separate brush. I've been experimenting with glitter liner lately and I think many store bought liners don't "pop" enough. I have tried using Snaz liquid bling with glitter on top, or clear eye liner with face painting glitter on top.. I'm still trying to find the best product but this worked well...here's what I wore to my painting job yesterday...I did purple and silver glitter..
JBM

Number of posts : 629
Registration date : 2010-10-18

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Henna-by-Riana/149537191765171?ref

Back to top Go down

Post by PrincessMeg on Thu Apr 28, 2011 1:30 pm

I have some glitter liners by Hard Candy. You can get them at WalMart. These are in my personal stash. I like them ok, and they were way less than the Urban Decay ones. I'm thinking if you never used the applicator (so you don't get any germs on it) you could use a paint brush and not double dip... clean and sanitize each time.

I also bought some Hard Candy Show Girl's Secret... it's a glitter glue that you're to mix with the glitter before painting on. It doesn't have an applicator that goes in the container so it'd be a better option to not have to worry about contamination. Haven't tried it yet though. I think it was only $5 bucks for a container that should last a while.

Last edited by PrincessMeg on Thu Apr 28, 2011 1:31 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typo)
PrincessMeg

Number of posts : 19
Registration date : 2009-03-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Daphne on Fri Apr 29, 2011 11:22 am

i don't really use a liner but graffiti glitter.

I use Liquid Bling from amerikan body art, but it's similar to
http://www.sillyfarm.com/store/index.php?p=catalog&parent=705&pg=1
Daphne

Number of posts : 180
Registration date : 2011-04-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top