Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

3D Effects

View previous topic View next topic Go down

3D Effects

Post by kyfaceandbodyart on Sun May 03, 2009 9:49 pm

I am starting to get really good at my basic designs, Now I need tips and tricks on how to really make them POP! I tryed out lines and adding black/white to different areas, but i just can seem to get that 3D effect. Any suggestions?
kyfaceandbodyart

Number of posts : 140
Registration date : 2008-10-04

Back to top Go down

Re: 3D Effects

Post by Wildcatfin on Mon May 04, 2009 12:00 am

It helps if you pick a direction for the light to come from - look at stuff when it has 1 spotlight on it to see what I mean and do all the shadows/ highlights to match.

I.e. the shadows are things UNDER/ away from the imaginary light source of your design, etc. Also try drag blending the black / white or using a darker/ lighter shade to round out things in a 3D fashion. Kind of hard to explain!

cat x
Wildcatfin

Number of posts : 502
Location : Mainly being a fairy face painter at Bewilderwood in UK
Registration date : 2008-12-16

http://www.bodypaintingbycat.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Metina on Mon May 04, 2009 7:58 am

It is hard and for me too and I am into my third year. I really try and stare hard when I see a real life item with shadows and highlights or when I see art with it. Depending on your artistic propensity, IMHO, it takes some of us longer for it to come second nature.

If you are like me, without a lot of artsy pants in her drawer, find something you can copy over and over again that have a lot of clear highlights and shadows until it is ingrained in your head.

Any othere suggestions will be happily committed to memory.

Great topic!

Shipping from $3.99
Washington DC Metro--But Serving the World!
Metina
Admin

Number of posts : 3708
Registration date : 2008-09-04

http://www.facepaintforumshop.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top