Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

My opinion about Tulip facepaint...grrrr!

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: My opinion about Tulip facepaint...grrrr!

Post by tinyfairies6768 on Tue Aug 02, 2011 9:52 pm

I actually live in the same city as the company that distributes the Tulip product and have done some photoshoots with them. They are a company with a long standing positive history of supporting the arts and would probably welcome any feedback you send so that they have the chance to improve their product.

In my experience with working with the Tulip paints. It is a hard to build up a good consistency. White is okay, grainy...lumpy, but that could also be due to the Tulip brushes that I was not used to working with. The black seemed ok...but it's black...kind of hard to go wrong with it. The red wasn't as vibrant as shown on the package and it was actually hard for the model to get it off after only having it on for about an hour.
tinyfairies6768

Number of posts : 56
Registration date : 2010-06-17

http://www.probodyart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by eva on Wed Aug 03, 2011 12:54 am

The customer service was pretty good. I called and left a message and they called the following day. She seemed well informed and answered my questions on the FDA approval and sent the MSDS sheets right out to me. I would try calling the tulip hotline
eva

Number of posts : 1108
Registration date : 2008-12-13

http://www.cincinnatifacepainters.com

Back to top Go down

Post by tamarielpaints on Thu Aug 04, 2011 12:29 am

My Michael's used to carry the tulip stuff. I bought their glue, it worked well for my purposes (the jewels stayed on), but I didn't try using it for glitter tats. But I went tonight and they no longer carry it. It didn't sell. I'm on the fence over whether having FDA approved paints 'fail' is a good or bad thing. On the one hand, I'm sick of seeing the acrylics and/or cheap dollar store c*ap. On the other, if you were paying 1.99 for 8 colors and acting 'cheap' chances are you weren't about to sample Tulips FDA approved colors for your upcoming school festival....
tamarielpaints

Number of posts : 637
Registration date : 2010-12-07

http://www.tamarielpaints.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Smiletime on Mon Aug 08, 2011 1:49 pm

I tired the Tulip kit also. The glitter tattoos worked great but the dark teal paint stained my daughters face for 3 days. I pitched that color, but have the white and it works fine. I don't find it great for lines though. I bought some Tag and Wolfe and they both do better at lines than the tulip. I use it for larger areas and sponging.
Smiletime

Number of posts : 257
Registration date : 2011-07-21

http://www.depacesfaces.com

Back to top Go down

Post by MonsterKat on Mon Aug 08, 2011 1:54 pm

I just bought the silver this weekend to give it try...its nice but so little paint in the pot! I'm glad i used the 40% off coupon Laughing
MonsterKat

Number of posts : 223
Registration date : 2011-05-31

Back to top Go down

Post by zenbyfire on Tue Oct 25, 2011 5:21 am

i use the black and white.. i like the black becaause it dosent stain but all of the colors do on my skin blues reds pinks teal everything staind.. but the white black and silver are ok. i use them as a quick fix they cost 6.99 full price you can usualy get the 40% off. but it is only 18 ml vs 30-35 for about the same price. so i only get them when i run out of black or white and dont want to make an order yet.

zenbyfire

Number of posts : 13
Registration date : 2011-07-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Mug Shots on Tue Oct 25, 2011 2:13 pm

My Michael's is discontinuing some of the colors. They were marked down to $1.00 and $1.99. Weird, since they haven't carried it that long, but sure enough, they are going away!
Mug Shots

Number of posts : 240
Registration date : 2011-07-05

http://mugshotsfacepainting.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Denise Cold on Tue Oct 25, 2011 3:09 pm

I too like the black, silver & have white as a backup. The black isn't as "sturdy" for face painting but I'll use it if I have to do a pirate patch or other large black areas...especially on small kids.

I love the black for my mannequin, it comes right off. I'll have to go see if my Michaels is discounting the black.

D.
Denise Cold

Number of posts : 2717
Registration date : 2011-04-06

http://www.denisecold.com

Back to top Go down

My experience

Post by Glitterpixiee on Fri Nov 11, 2011 3:11 am

I stopped into Michael's the other day and someone had put a silver in the clearance section with the teal so I snagged it for $1.99 and love it. The guy at the register didn't want to honor the price but I told him that it is not my fault another customer moved a non-clearance item to the clearance section. It was funny because the teal that has horrible reviews was the only other color in clearance! LOL! It is a small amount of paint but for $1.99 I had to try it hence the decent review from several people. I didn't even walk to the section where they sell their face paints just got lucky and saw it near the Halloween items. I would try the black but I plan to order from Metina for that unless I see it on clearance. I went to another michael's and they had the glitter tatt glue in the clearance section, once again non intentional supposedly yet I still snagged the last three containers for $1.50 each and I actually like it alot. I put some into a roller ball lip gloss type container just to try it out and it works well that way too. It works well for applying gems too. The only problem I have is removing the stuff. LOL! I have used alcohol, baby oil, and creamy baby oil and they all take a little bit of work to remove the remaining glue once the glitter is gone. I used my own glitter, a very fine cosmetic grade glitter that I have quite a stock of. I also used it freehand with with a tiny brush and some loose pigment powders I have and it worked well with that too. Just wanted to add my experience and thank those of you who posted theirs. Take care!

Glitterpixiee

Number of posts : 22
Registration date : 2011-10-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Pepcious on Mon Jan 09, 2012 8:40 pm

The teal, red, purple, basic green, fushia, dark blue: so far have left stains on my arm. I can only use them to do my kids. Black works great also washes off. White does wash off but I found it to seep in the color under it even if the bottom paint is thinly sponged on. All this coming from using just Tulip no other mixes. Thank you for all your information..I was not alone in the discovery. flower
Pepcious

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2012-01-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum