Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

Sooo frustrated but motivated too

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sooo frustrated but motivated too

Post by Gr8ful on Fri May 13, 2011 12:42 pm

Well, a while ago I had posted about a local woman who had wanted facepainters but wasn't really working too hard on the business end so I decided to keep going on my own. Well, one of her partners who is very talented was also on my facebook. I had posted about some upcoming venues and opportunities and next thing you know, guess who booked a booth 2 down from where I had already booked and paid for? Grrrr! There's enough to go around without stomping on people's toes. Sheesh! Anyway, because it was the event coordinator's error, he tried to have them move further down. They refused so I got my $ back without any financial penalty. I am trying really hard not to wish them poorly because that just means I am getting sucked down to a lower emotional level but sheesh! Needless to say, I removed the girl from my facebook but in the meantime they have the designs I put on there, and have approached all of the places I listed as leads. Lesson learned the hard way...sigh...again. Mad
Gr8ful

Number of posts : 452
Registration date : 2011-02-08

Back to top Go down

Re: Sooo frustrated but motivated too

Post by AngieAnders on Fri May 13, 2011 3:25 pm

It is sad to need to be so careful about sharing info on our jobs. I'd love to promote my jobs on my facebook - I think it would be nice for myself as well as my client, but I don't ever do it unless I'm absolutely certain that the client is 100% loyal to me and can't be "stolen".

Are there hard feelings between you and this other painter? Maybe there's a way to mend fences so that you can work professionally as colleagues, if not as employee/employer. Things go so much better when we work together rather than against one another. Hard to do in some situations though. No
AngieAnders

Number of posts : 1849
Registration date : 2008-09-22

http://www.facesalive.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Gr8ful on Fri May 13, 2011 3:54 pm

Angie, I was unaware that there was any issue at all until this happened. I was up front about where I stood from our very first meeting and feel quite hurt that my information, work and ideas were taken so abruptly and underhandedly. If they wanted to meet and discuss options I would have been more than willing to find a compromise that worked for both as all have the right to be promoting ourselves. It's the sneakiness and back-stabbing stuff that I hate, so rather than get into that I chose to withdraw. I am fine with my decision to do so as I have a few other things on the go. I am just hurt because of the way they went about it. I am not interested in getting into any of that game playing stuff and will definitely be more careful from this point on. I really hate having to feel that I have to keep quiet about plans when I am so happy I would rather shout it from the rooftops. However..the hurt side of me is still thinking towards her...what goes around also comes around sweetie. One way or another we always get what we give.
Gr8ful

Back to top Go down

Post by Mandi from Tazzie on Fri May 13, 2011 9:48 pm

That's so wrong on so many levels Judy, I feel for you. ((((hug))))
Mandi from Tazzie

Number of posts : 1826
Registration date : 2010-04-03

http://www.mandifacepaintingsupplies.com.au

Back to top Go down

Post by Gr8ful on Fri May 13, 2011 10:11 pm

Thanks Mandi. I am somewhat calmer now (okay..also a bit Vodka fortified LOL) but still sorting through some ugly feelings that I prefer to let go of. I appreciate the hug! Very Happy
Gr8ful

Back to top Go down

Post by Psalmbook on Sat May 14, 2011 8:28 pm

The day before a big event/festival I will post it on FB. It's to late for anyone to hijack my client/festival & I still get the word out.

Sorry you're dealing w/ people who are trying to succeed off your coat tails. That's just stinky & they should be doing their own research & finding their own jobs. There's more than enough to go around!
Psalmbook

Number of posts : 7642
Registration date : 2010-03-09

http://www.wix.com/psalmbook/Lindas-Face-Painting

Back to top Go down

Post by Gr8ful on Sun May 15, 2011 7:43 pm

That's what I think too Psalmbook. There is no need for that kind of stuff because each client will have their own preferences and styles they like so no one really has to be shifty about things. Oh well..lesson learned and I will just carry on being ethical.
Gr8ful

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top