Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

Re touches......???

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re touches......???

Post by Ginacentral on Mon May 25, 2009 9:30 am

Re touches....do you do them? I had a situation recently where I did 3 lady bugs on a 4 year old she took three steps away from my station and her brother smudged them, so i retouched them real quick.

I didnt charge her because A) it took me about 2 minutes to fix and B) I was charging a buck for each lady bug and I threw in a little flower, she gave me a five and told me to keep the change. So I felt like it would have been really kind of crappy of me to charge for a retouch in this situation.

It did get me thinking though do you do retouches and if so how much should you charge. It hasnt come up that much because I have only done a few events. But I have a really big event (for me) coming up so I kind of want my I's dotted and T's crossed so to speak.
Ginacentral

Number of posts : 268
Registration date : 2009-05-20

Back to top Go down

Re: Re touches......???

Post by Metina on Mon May 25, 2009 9:34 am

I don't get this a lot and thus far I haven't charged to do retouches. It depends on the situation I guess.

If there is no line, I don't mind retouching, but if there is a line, they would at least have to stand in it again. I wouldn't let them jump in the front.

I don't think I would charge for a quick touch up, but would charge again if I needed to redo completely.

Metina

Shipping from $3.99
Washington DC Metro--But Serving the World!
Metina
Admin

Number of posts : 3708
Registration date : 2008-09-04

http://www.facepaintforumshop.com

Back to top Go down

Post by LoneWolf on Mon May 25, 2009 11:27 am

As long as they stand in line, I don't mind. But I'm charged for the hour. Guess it depends if it is new lips or someone that has been jumping on the trampoline and everything has run together? (I often have some of the last, because of one the event companies I work for also book those kind of things out)
LoneWolf

Number of posts : 1340
Registration date : 2008-10-04

http://www.lone-wolf.dk

Back to top Go down

Post by AngieAnders on Mon May 25, 2009 1:03 pm

I usually have a long line so most people don't want to wait for touch-ups, but I did have a few ask for me to fix their designs this last week when I wasn't very busy. I did it for free. If I'd had to start completely over I would have charged. I have gotten better about just handing the parent a baby wipe and asking them to clean the face off, so I'm not spending so much time wiping off old designs which tends to take a while. If the design is salvageable I try not to be too obsessive over making it look perfect again. With black smudges all over a base coat, I have started just redoing the linework, wiping off what I can in between, and sending them on their way.
AngieAnders

Number of posts : 1849
Registration date : 2008-09-22

http://www.facesalive.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon May 25, 2009 10:03 pm

If a birthday party I will, but not at public events. Too many waiting. And they did not pay for it as I only paint by the hour so

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum