Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

New paints DFX vs Paradise

View previous topic View next topic Go down

New paints DFX vs Paradise

Post by cattsy on Thu Jun 09, 2011 6:33 pm

So I got my new paints today (Yay!!) I got DFX white and black and a Euro rainbow cake.

To this point I've been using a mixture of Snaz and Paradise.

Gotta say I LOVE how they work for linework, they sure work nice for laying over other colors, and work up nicely on a brush.

Had a bit of a learning curve with the rainbow cake, figuring out how to load my sponge proper, it's a bit of a different technique to not get the colors all mixed up with each other.

A few things I noticed:
- Takes a much wetter sponge, and they don't blend nearly as nicely as the Paradise.
- Can't say I like the way they dry... it dries stiff and flaky, and on a full face isn't nearly as nice as the Paradise. Feels funny, at least to me, a very "cakey" feel

Overall though they're fabulous, but I think for bases and such I'll be sticking to paradise, just seems to work better for me, I like the creamier consistency.

Any comments on TAG? is it stiffer, like the DFX? or creamier like paradise? or somewhere in between?
cattsy

Number of posts : 284
Registration date : 2010-10-12

Back to top Go down

Re: New paints DFX vs Paradise

Post by eva on Thu Jun 09, 2011 6:50 pm

TAG is stifferish....I have primarily used Snaz for years, and recently bought some DFX ,Paradise and TAG I find the tag to be a little stiffer, I can feel it on my face at all time, where I totally forget snaz or paradise is on me. However the colors of the Tag and DFX are incredible.
eva

Number of posts : 1108
Registration date : 2008-12-13

http://www.cincinnatifacepainters.com

Back to top Go down

Post by cattsy on Thu Jun 09, 2011 7:47 pm

Yeah the colors defenitely do *POP*

My next purchase is going to be a DFX Metallix/Neon Palette, and then from there I think I'll just keep buying the paradise for my main colors.

Loving trying the other brands though...

What's the other one, Kryolan? isn't Kryolan what the arty cakes are made of? what's that like for consistency? when it dries? some of those colors are gorgeously vibrant too, at least the ones in the arty cakes!

cattsy

Back to top Go down

Post by Tash on Thu Jun 09, 2011 8:16 pm

Really it's written on the bottom isn't it.... I mean one says face and body paint and one says Make-up...... which would you rather wear on your skin?
Imo all the brands that come from Make-up companies are better then the ones from that chinese factory...... but I can't get all the colours I want with Paradise..... so I lean on Tag for their pearls... and rainbow cake..... it dries just like DFX but I et around this by putting it on thinly.... it also dries so fast that if you don't glitter straight away your stuffed!.... I also find the paradise mixs well so you can come up with your own colours very easily.... while Tag doesn't like to blend together..... so I paint with my paradise like it's a water colour pallet.
Tash

Number of posts : 1883
Registration date : 2010-01-04

http://faceartbytash.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by cattsy on Thu Jun 09, 2011 10:42 pm

Tash how are the paradise metallics?

Good call on the paint co, vs a makeup co. Never thought about it that way (i'm still really new to all this lol)

cattsy

Back to top Go down

Post by Tash on Thu Jun 09, 2011 10:51 pm

I'm not gonna lie - they are sucky and crumbly.... but I use the silver and gold with their metalic powders ... I just tip a little powder on top of the cake and mix it in instead of using the mixing liquid.... ( you can't use the powders just with water) it makes a very real looking silver and gold.. For other metalicy colours I like tag pearls, they are lovely, some like DFX metalic blue....
Tash

Number of posts : 1883
Registration date : 2010-01-04

http://faceartbytash.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top