Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

That's it. World's ending.

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: That's it. World's ending.

Post by Guest on Fri Jun 17, 2011 10:02 pm

I'm with you on the carob.. blech Suspect

We figure the beef thing is hormones/antibiotics... I can eat Bison without a reaction, but not willing to experiment with organic beef. I don't need another trip to the hospital just for the sake of a piece of red meat.

I miss it BUT have found a great vegan substitute - Yves veggie "meat". They make soy based meat substutites and it tastes, looks and feels like meat! The hamburger patties are great - I feel like I've actually had a hamburger, and the ground meat is indistinguishable from hamburger in all sorts of things.

I haven't tried the fake chicken or turkey as I can still eat them, and pork and fish.

Back to top Go down

Post by maggie on Sat Jun 18, 2011 7:48 am

Shannion, in my country we make a casserole with layers of fried ripe plantain slices, condensed milk and a very salty cheese, then you bake it and is delicious!!!!! When I 1st heard about it i didn't think I was going to like it.
maggie

Number of posts : 2677
Registration date : 2010-11-27

http://www.maggieplummerfacepainting.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat Jun 18, 2011 11:08 am

That sounds interesting Maggie! Sweetened condensed milk or just the regular condensed milk?

Back to top Go down

Post by maggie on Sat Jun 18, 2011 3:59 pm

Yup, sweetened condensed milk, just a little drizzle on top of each layer of white cheese, YUMMMMMMMM!
maggie

Number of posts : 2677
Registration date : 2010-11-27

http://www.maggieplummerfacepainting.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Psalmbook on Sat Jun 18, 2011 8:57 pm

Ya'll are making me hungry!

Lynnie, What about white chocolate? I've had some that's pretty good. I still feel for you... That would be so hard.
Psalmbook

Number of posts : 7642
Registration date : 2010-03-09

http://www.wix.com/psalmbook/Lindas-Face-Painting

Back to top Go down

Post by Evelyn on Sat Jun 18, 2011 10:33 pm

Hi Lynnie

It certainly does seem like the world gone mad, and as an avid chocolate lover,I fully sympathize.

At lease you are not allergic to face paint......something to be happy about anyhow.

Have a good weekend

Blessings
Evelyn

Evelyn

Number of posts : 110
Registration date : 2011-04-27

Back to top Go down

Post by HappyVickery on Sat Jun 18, 2011 10:50 pm

I'm allergic to Chocolate too! People always act like it's the worst thing ever. . ."you can't just have a little bit?? But it's so good!" Thanks, but I like breathing.

Luckily, I'm not allergic to the cocoa itself so I can still make things when I have cravings.
HappyVickery

Number of posts : 538
Registration date : 2011-05-31

http://www.smileyfacesfacepainting.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Inca on Sun Jun 19, 2011 12:03 am

Allergy to Chocolate? this is cruel !!
I would suggest you to try acupuncture, I don't suffer from allergies, but couple years ago acupuncture saved me a couple of times, I wouldn't have tried it, but i was pregnant and miserable, For my situation it worked magic! and i remember talking to the acupuncturist about treating allergies, and he said acupuncture is very effective for this, call someone in your area, see what they say.. I mean.. it wouldn't hurt to give it a try...
Inca

Number of posts : 227
Registration date : 2010-10-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Beans on Sun Jun 19, 2011 1:18 am

Shannon Fennell wrote:
I miss it BUT have found a great vegan substitute - Yves veggie "meat". They make soy based meat substutites and it tastes, looks and feels like meat! The hamburger patties are great - I feel like I've actually had a hamburger, and the ground meat is indistinguishable from hamburger in all sorts of things.

I haven't tried the fake chicken or turkey as I can still eat them, and pork and fish.

God bless the buddist monks for inventing soy 'MEAT'!! cheers
Beans

Number of posts : 190
Registration date : 2011-03-09

http://www.madeupbyleona.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Vashti on Mon Jun 20, 2011 7:19 pm

I am so sorry Lynnie! I'm new to the forum, but I have similar circumstances here. I have extreme photo-phobia, and no pigmentation in my eyes. So I have to wear these monstrous dark glasses any time I'm out in the sun. It really sinks. I've just recently developed such an extreme case of Gestational Diabetes that I've been told I can't eat white food ever again...that includes anything that has white sugar in it, and all processed foods. It's crazy to go from eating anything you want and enjoying all of life, to being put in such a tight restricted little box! I hate it! I just wanted to sympathize with you and tell you that you're not alone! Also, try carob. It's similar to chocolate and may reduce those cravings without giving you the swells. There's also Nutella...does that have chocolate in it? I'm not sure now. Good luck sweetie~
Vashti

Number of posts : 57
Registration date : 2011-06-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Psalmbook on Tue Jun 21, 2011 4:37 am

Nutella has chocolate in it(I love the stuff).
Vashti, I had gestational diabetes w/ my 3rd child. It was a pretty restrictive diet & was before you could go out & get healthier options(whole grains & high fiber options didn't exist in the mainstream market in the 90's). There are a lot of good choices for you to pair whole grain options w/ proteins.
Blessings!
Psalmbook

Number of posts : 7642
Registration date : 2010-03-09

http://www.wix.com/psalmbook/Lindas-Face-Painting

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnie on Tue Jun 21, 2011 12:01 pm

Vashti, won't your gestational diabetes clear up after you give birth so you can return to unrestricted eating? That's what happened with my sister and hers. Did you also have the same luck, Linda?
My best to you, Vashti!

And yes, Nutella has chocolate. Sadly. I LOVE Nutella pinwheels.
Lynnie

Number of posts : 733
Registration date : 2010-02-09

http://www.artful-body.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Vashti on Tue Jun 21, 2011 11:34 pm

Well, my baby was delivered in January last year. I was told during my pregnancy that the diabetes symptoms would disappear the day I delivered, but they didn't. They're calling what I have now "pre-diabetes", but its very severe.
Vashti

Number of posts : 57
Registration date : 2011-06-14

Back to top Go down

Post by makin faces by synni on Wed Jun 22, 2011 7:39 am

vashti man i feel for you as i have the same thing. i had severe gd in all my pregnancies and now i have what they call insulin intolerance. now i have to have the glucose tolerance test every 6 months. but my baby is now 5 and i have managed not to cross that line so far. though the dr. say's its a matter of when not if. As for chocolate i wouldn't mind too much if i couldn't have it but no salt and vinegar chips would be a deal braker lol
makin faces by synni

Number of posts : 682
Registration date : 2010-03-15

http://	facebook.com/synni80

Back to top Go down

Post by debranewmanart on Sun Jun 26, 2011 6:00 pm

So sorry to hear about your allergy. A person can become allergic to anything at any time unfortunately. As a child I was allergic to chocolate as well as cats and dogs...my 3 favorite things. As another poster mentioned, you can try carob. Not the same, but better than nothing.

debranewmanart

Number of posts : 615
Registration date : 2011-06-26

http://www.facebook.com/debranewmanart

Back to top Go down

Post by photomomma6 on Sun Jun 26, 2011 11:01 pm

Yeah, if I had to give up cocoa, I would definitely switch to white chocolate. But it does have cocoa butter in it, so would you be allergic to that too? wow--glad I'm not allergic to chocolate.
photomomma6

Number of posts : 466
Registration date : 2009-08-31

http://www.facelation.com

Back to top Go down

Post by 1HappyNut on Sun Jul 31, 2011 3:13 am

Oh allergies! Sucks. Poor Lynnie. I think I could handle the lack of chocolate as I could substitute a big bowl of summer fruit for a sugar craving (for me of course, this works but I'm not suggesting this would appease a chocolate-lover).... but I could NOT IMAGINE being allergic to wine.
From one mint-chocolate lover to another... BOOO! THAT SUCKS!! I'm so sorry.

I have celiac disease, which is an auto-immune disorder that reacts to gluten - which, as Maggie mentioned, is in nearly everything it seems. (I remember my doctor/GP giving me the news... and I said, 'What's CD??/What does that mean for me?' and he said, 'Well, it just means you can't have bread... and crackers.' Suspect Riiiiight. It is a binding agent and is used in a shockingly wide array of foods. My MIL even found it in pre-shredded bags of cheese. Cheese!! Just cheese. But it was coated in wheat to keep it from sticking together - so it looks pretty.)
I only share this because I had a huge meltdown shortly after the relief at finding a long-awaited 'answer' of what was wrong with me. I had a tantrum and cried on the floor...for a long time I am ashamed to admit. It was a sad, sad day. The freedom and abandon with which I had eaten and shared meals with people was over. Cross-contamination - even one speck of a crumb on someone's hand or countertop, that in turn touches my hand or something I eat can cause as much trouble as if I ate a whole loaf of regular bread - is a huge issue and was a paralyzing worry. I worried how I was going to ever go out for dinner again or to a BBQ at friends' houses. Major meltdown.
I just (jeez I sound like a complainer! but really not intending to) wanted to share with you to show you that I empathize. I totally get it.

And speaking of insane cravings once you are told you absolutely CANNOT have something (I regularly suffer from this too)... I have always enjoyed beer. I like all kinds and enjoyed trying new ones. It's not my favorite beverage of choice but I did likes me some beer. I especially loved a little clamato in my beer at ball tournaments or for a rare hangover. One of my favorites in the hot summer sun was C0r0na. Well of course (dear doctor) beer has gluten in it. So what do you think I crave as I drool over my darling husband's shoulder while we sit in our 38degree weather on the deck? That's right... I crave exactly what I can't have, even knowing how sick it would make me!
I too feel your pain!
1HappyNut

Number of posts : 632
Registration date : 2011-06-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top