Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

My booth, signs, set up, & kit etc

View previous topic View next topic Go down

My booth, signs, set up, & kit etc

Post by aussiemarie on Mon Jun 27, 2011 10:44 pm

I love you Hoping to post pix of my umbrella booth, table, signs etc.

Your feed back is welcome.
Yes, it all fits into the civic! rabbit
aussiemarie

Number of posts : 363
Registration date : 2010-05-12

http://www.maconfacesfacepainting.shutterfly.com

Back to top Go down

Re: My booth, signs, set up, & kit etc

Post by CottonKandyClown on Thu Jun 30, 2011 8:56 am

Love it all Smile

I need a sign that I can stick in the ground! That would be great for little events, too!

CottonKandyClown

Number of posts : 1109
Registration date : 2010-06-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Geekophile on Thu Jun 30, 2011 11:33 am

That's Great! I know how it is to try to fit it all in to a little car- that's a tallent in itself!
Geekophile

Number of posts : 1020
Registration date : 2010-09-06

http://sophiessmileyfaces.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Laurie Shoultz on Thu Jun 30, 2011 12:01 pm

Thats wonderful! What is the wrapping in the chair legs. i need a chair, is there something that pinches.

I love the way you camouflaged your fat max. Thanks for sharing.
Laurie Shoultz

Number of posts : 146
Registration date : 2011-03-24

Back to top Go down

Post by SuzySparkles on Thu Jun 30, 2011 4:37 pm

nice, like it!! Smile
SuzySparkles

Number of posts : 2778
Registration date : 2009-11-09

Back to top Go down

Post by aussiemarie on Thu Jun 30, 2011 11:28 pm

CottonKandyClown wrote:Love it all Smile

I need a sign that I can stick in the ground! That would be great for little events, too!

Hi Cotton Candy! the sign is hand made...obvious cause its sort of rustic but I had two sheets of "foam core' (Really thick light weight poster board) from a student school project and painted my logo and business name on one sheet and glued laminated photo choices on the other sheet. Then with an awl pierced 2-4 holes at teh top and ran packing string through to attach them . To secure the sides I poked holes on the middle edge and ran the string through in a fugure eight. To weight it down I have a small tin can with a wire hanger and fill it with pebbles and clothes peg it to the string between the two sheets of foam core. It works pretty well especially with the weight feature and its ultra light.
aussiemarie

Back to top Go down

Post by aussiemarie on Thu Jun 30, 2011 11:39 pm

Thanks everyone!
Sophie- thought you'd find the final umbrella set up outcome of interest!
Laurie: the wrap is just the packing material that I have left on to prevent extra dings and bangs as I pack all this stuff inandout of my car. The chair is Tall Director Chair from hayneedle.com It only weigs 12 lbs ( one stone). It was $$ but I love it because I paint standing.
I realize the Fat Max needs a fitted cover if I am not working out of it. I do think I need all my STUFF laid out in front of me as It gets lost in all the nocks and crannies in the fatmax sections...FOR now the table (or 2) plus the fatmax, chair, step stool, signs, umbrella and 90 lbs of rock (for weighting base of brolly) works...its not perfect but I dont have enough jobs to perfect the mobility thing.
I did do a private bday party and just took my fatmax -the host provided table and chairs...it worked too....
THanks for commenting! I could not have gotten this far without everyone at the forums helpful suggestions!
aussiemarie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sparklyone on Fri Jul 01, 2011 3:01 pm

How warm and inviting! I love you flower

Sparklyone

Number of posts : 474
Registration date : 2011-02-25

Back to top Go down

Post by CottonKandyClown on Sun Jul 03, 2011 8:55 am

I just wanted to post and say that I made a folding sign from your directions Smile I'll have to post pics soon! Thank you!!!
CottonKandyClown

Number of posts : 1109
Registration date : 2010-06-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaci Anne on Fri Jul 29, 2011 10:33 pm

Cute! I love the laid back almost 'gypsy' kind of feel! You paint standing huh? That seems like it would be hard, but then again, sitting in a chair hunching over trying to reach little ones for hours on end is DEFINATELY hard on my back and arms and body in general for sure, so maybe I ought to give standing a try. How much do the directors chairs run?
Kaci Anne

Number of posts : 84
Registration date : 2011-04-22

http://www.MysticalRainbowCreations.com

Back to top Go down

Post by anniel on Sun Jul 31, 2011 10:36 pm

E-Z up has some sturdier ones than the hay-needle one (that one only lasted me a year) They come in a bag, so they can be carried easier, and kept nicer. They do cost a bit more, but they ar a tad taller, and a tad lighter weight-wise. I think it was worth it for me just for the extra height.

Now I don't even unpack my clean sponge bag when I pack up, as it fits neatly inside.

Target has stretchy animal print (tiger/leopard/zebra) & solid color stretchy body pillow cases. I cut the zipper off & stretched it over the top of my chair, and let the guest sit on it--no danger of tot's slipping out the back. If you are really industrious, you can tack a shoe-lace to the front corners as well, and then you won't have to tidy between guests.

I have a dear friend who totally screwed up her back with twisting & painting from a desk-sized chair last year. It's not worth it, and she lost far
more in finances by losing work for weeks, than if she's invested sooner in the equipment she needed!

The aluminum ones are much much lighter than wood directors chairs--but wood ones are a better stop gap than sitting!

Keep your receipt & take it off on your taxes!
anniel

Number of posts : 2305
Registration date : 2010-12-27

http://entertainment-etc.com

Back to top Go down

Post by MasterpieceFacePainting on Thu Dec 22, 2011 9:51 am

I love the umbrella, I'll have to get me one of those...
Where did you get the table from? It's a nice one!
MasterpieceFacePainting

Number of posts : 509
Registration date : 2011-11-11

http://www.masterpiecefacepainting.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by a face painting mom on Thu Jan 12, 2012 8:44 am

I collected some old election campaign signs to make into FP signs for this season, so call your favorite candiate right now, get some signs, and keep them for later...you just need to cover it, or make your own covers from foam core.

You would be surprised what you can get into a little car when you want to. My bizmobile is a prius, and we packed up a 10x10 tent from a festival, with every thing, including the tent, three people, fat max, compressor, signs, everything (two of us were holding stuff) but we did it all in one trip!

Love your sandwhich board!
a face painting mom

Number of posts : 1913
Registration date : 2011-07-13

http://www.afacepaintingmom.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top